Mass Effect 3 - (The Discussion Thread with SPOILERS)

Comments

• late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    No you don't have a choice if you choose to sabotage the run you WILL have to shoot him because he refuses to change his mind and when Wrex finds out you have the choice of letting him walk away and he takes the Krogan with him or you kill him before he tells the Krogan what you did

Yeah + Having the Krogans in the fight was worth a lot.... again however it didn't matter in the end and this is the problem with the game.

I managed to save the Quarians and Geth - wooooooo I thought. But again did it make a real difference- nope.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you don't have a choice if you choose to sabotage the run you WILL have to shoot him because he refuses to change his mind and when Wrex finds out you have the choice of letting him walk away and he takes the Krogan with him or you kill him before he tells the Krogan what you did

You *can* sabotage the cure and save Mordin... but:

- Wrex must have died in ME1.

- Eve must have died in ME3 (AFAIK this can be achieved in two different ways - 1) Destroy Maelon's data in ME2 or 2) Allow the bomb to blow on Tuchanka.

With no Wrex and Eve, Wreav is in sole charge of the krogan. Without Wrex or Eve to provide decent leadership, Mordin will reluctantly agree that the krogan are not yet ready to be free of the Genophage.

Wreav is also too stupid to realise the sabotage, unlike Wrex. Sabotage with Wrex in charge: he realises, confronts you, and you kill him. Goodbye krogan support. Sabotage with Wreav in charge: not discovered, krogan support is maintained.
    Roobarb. wrote: »
    Just lost Mordin at the tower.....a sad end to a great character.

He was at peace with it at the end, atonement was paramount.

Still miss him though.

He would have liked to have been able to run tests on the seashells :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    And i've just watched another one die...
    Thane has left us. Many a philosophical conversation with him in ME2.

To make matters worse he appears to have been slain by an Emo Robin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need for spoiler tags - the whole point of this thread is that spoilers are allowed ;):)
  • bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roobarb. wrote: »
    Just lost Mordin at the tower.....a sad end to a great character.

He was at peace with it at the end, atonement was paramount.

Still miss him though.

Then thought
    Grunt was lost after a suicidal, banzai style, Reaper-Rachni killing, time buying charge. Thankfully he he popped back up covered in Rachni parts.

This is going to get tougher as i go through the story i am sure.....

Aeris (FF7) dying was sad (the first video game which brought tears to my eyes).

On reflection that was quite tame in comparison.....
  • andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished Insanity difficulty, I also earned the Unwavering trophy which was quite difficult because of certain side missions, I found Grissom Academy the most difficult (the arena section), the other side missions weren't too bad, the Cerberus base was my most difficult story mission (those Phantoms made it harder) and I struggled in a few spots in other missions but overall I'd say that Mass Effect 3's insanity difficulty is easier than ME2
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played once and at the Geth/Quarian bit I made a blue paragon choice to save the Quarians AND Geth. What happens if you pick the red renegade choice? Does that also save both?
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing Mass Effect 3 and enjoying it, i just finished the citadel mission, and looking for the lovely miranda but cant find her. I am checking where i am suppose to check
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    Playing Mass Effect 3 and enjoying it, i just finished the citadel mission, and looking for the lovely miranda but cant find her. I am checking where i am suppose to check

The first time you meet her she is at the main docking area where the Normandy is, by the railing to the right IIRC.

The second time, she contacts you via the comm unit in the Spectre Office.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    The first time you meet her she is at the main docking area where the Normandy is, by the railing to the right IIRC.

The second time, she contacts you via the comm unit in the Spectre Office.

She was not there :@:@ was i too late? i have checked about 3 or more times
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which meeting is it meant to be, and which Citadel mission have you just done?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i read the email saying come to bay d24 and the mission involving udina................... and the councillors
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    I played once and at the Geth/Quarian bit I made a blue paragon choice to save the Quarians AND Geth. What happens if you pick the red renegade choice? Does that also save both?

No - and that is all I'm saying...:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i read the email saying come to bay d24 and the mission involving udina................... and the councillors

Hmm. Perhaps you've missed your chance then. Some other Citadel side quests become unavailable once you do Tuchanka (as Tuchanka unlocks the Citadel coup mission), so maybe that's the case for Miranda too. Or maybe it's a bug...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Hmm. Perhaps you've missed your chance then. Some other Citadel side quests become unavailable once you do Tuchanka (as Tuchanka unlocks the Citadel coup mission), so maybe that's the case for Miranda too. Or maybe it's a bug...

If i missed my beloved i would cry literally do i get to see her again?

If that is the case, i might have to start all over and do the bomb last
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also i have no previous save of mass effect to import, should Miranda still be available?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to interact with the first terminal (it should look like the other two)

Miranda appears at the Spectre office after the coup - I'm sure of it.
    Before the coup the first terminal is 'Off'.

Btw, disabling the Bomb isn't the last mission on Tuchanka but The Shroud (Curing the Genophage) is.

Not sure if you can disable the Bomb after The Shroud :confused: Save just in case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also i have no previous save of mass effect to import, should Miranda still be available?

She should be - once you are on the Normandy check the name list (you'll be surprised).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what name list?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what name list?

Crew Deck as you come out of the elevator - right in front of you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bitebug wrote: »
    Crew Deck as you come out of the elevator - right in front of you

Are you talking about the normandy where the galaxy map is? Cause she did send me an email :( but I already restarted the game :(
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you talking about the normandy where the galaxy map is? Cause she did send me an email :( but I already restarted the game :(

If she sent you an email then this is irrelevant. But take the elevator to the crew deck (level 3?) and right in front of you is a list of names of the dead.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought this today. Asda had it for £30 second hand and £24.97 new! :rolleyes::D Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    If she sent you an email then this is irrelevant. But take the elevator to the crew deck (level 3?) and right in front of you is a list of names of the dead.

:@:@ ok, shame cause i started the game, well i will check her out before tuchanka
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bitebug wrote: »
    Not sure if you can disable the Bomb after The Shroud :confused: Save just in case.

Nope. Tuchanka: Bomb must be completed before you cure the Genophage, otherwise the bomb will go off... It also needs to be done within a few missions of acquiring it (it's timed, like the Grissom mission).