DW series 8 revamp everything

brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
since we have a new doctor who think we will get a new title sequence and a new tardis console as well new other things

Comments

• saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant seem them splashing out on another Tardis console so soon. Which is a shame but hey! Nine and Ten shared one so it doesn't matter. I expect a rejigged title sequence though along with a new screwdriver!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we'll have a "revamp". There wasn't a big revamp from Nine to Ten, we still had the same console, title sequence, companion. Things were more revamped for Eleven because the showrunner also changed at that point, so I expect more of a Nine to Ten thing rather than a Ten to Eleven style change. :)

Speaking of which, I can't believe how fast these three years have passed. I remember when we first started with Eleven and Amy, thinking how different everything was with having a new Doctor AND companion all at once, and now they're both gone too and we're onto the next partnership already! Well, it has been three years, it just doesn't feel it to me. :D
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    I expect a slight modification to the OP, as Smith's face needs removing - they'll probably add Capaldi's face in it's place, like how the 1980 title sequence was updated for Peter Davison in 1981 and Colin Baker in 1984.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I can see a new Sonic Screwdriver as they won't cost to much to make and then it's a new bit of merchandise to sell and one that sells well.
  • West BritonWest Briton Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Note we still haven't seen the sonic with the dampers and red settings :)
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see a new Sonic Screwdriver as they won't cost to much to make and then it's a new bit of merchandise to sell and one that sells well.

They had a Blue Peter competition for a new sonic screwdriver, so they definitely will be a new one!
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't change the TARDIS interior, as I think it's the best 21st century version yet!
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note we still haven't seen the sonic with the dampers and red settings :)

true and one that finally does wood!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    I hope they don't change the TARDIS interior, as I think it's the best 21st century version yet!
    :)

I agree, I really like this one too!
  • TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    I quite liked the idea of S8 being 'The Quest For Gallifrey'...

You could have standalone stories, maybe each one providing a clue or a new avenue of investigation that leads you into the next tale. Then, I guess, they'd finally track Gallifrey down in the series finale.

Bit like 'The Mysterious Cities Of Gold'...if anyone remembers that from the 80s...:D

Regards,

Cypher
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TimCypher wrote: »
    I quite liked the idea of S8 being 'The Quest For Gallifrey'...

You could have standalone stories, maybe each one providing a clue or a new avenue of investigation that leads you into the next tale. Then, I guess, they'd finally track Gallifrey down in the series finale.

Bit like 'The Mysterious Cities Of Gold'...if anyone remembers that from the 80s...:D

Regards,

Cypher
    Ulysses!
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's all do The Philip Schofield!
  • TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Ulysses!

Ah yes, the search for the Kingdom of Hades...yup, that works too! :)

Regards,

Cypher
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I was hoping for new opening credits for Series 8 as I wasn't a big fan of the Series 7 one, and by the time of Series 8 it would have been around for nearly two years.

I loved the blue closing credits for the 50th Anniversary and thought perhaps an opening credits more in that sort of style would look absolutely brilliant. A bit more restrained and a bit less all-over-the-place.

I'm indifferent about the theme tune...haven't been bothered about it much since they got rid of the one from Series 4, as subsequent versions have been a bit unremarkable. And as much as I'm still in two minds about the current TARDIS interior, I really don't want to be seeing that change again any time before Series 10. :D
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the new Tardis and titles were created with the new Doctor in mind. They just introduced them both at the end of Matt's era rather than waiting until series 8.
  • freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the titles, I feel I'm the only one! They're really eerie and have a lot of callbacks to the classic DW...

also there's a wolf drinking tea in it!
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New title sequence, yes. The current one looks like it was made in a couple of hours. It's very rough around the edges. The less saturated purple vortex from Day of the Doctor looked much nicer. They could work with that to make the new titles less garish. I'd also like the Capaldi era to have the version of the theme song heard at the end of Day of the Doctor.

As much as I hate the current console room, I don't think it should be changed. It was only changed recently and I don't like the idea of things being revamped too often.

Let's have a new Sonic too. It would be good if all the Doctors' screwdrivers from now on "regenerated" with them.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Thamwet wrote: »
    I think the new Tardis and titles were created with the new Doctor in mind. They just introduced them both at the end of Matt's era rather than waiting until series 8.
    That's certainly possible. Jenna has said in an interview that she always knew she'd only get a single season with Matt. They knew he was leaving when she was cast.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    I don't think we'll have a "revamp". There wasn't a big revamp from Nine to Ten, we still had the same console, title sequence, companion. Things were more revamped for Eleven because the showrunner also changed at that point, so I expect more of a Nine to Ten thing rather than a Ten to Eleven style change. :)

Speaking of which, I can't believe how fast these three years have passed. I remember when we first started with Eleven and Amy, thinking how different everything was with having a new Doctor AND companion all at once, and now they're both gone too and we're onto the next partnership already! Well, it has been three years, it just doesn't feel it to me. :D

It's because we have had so few episodes compared to the 1st few years of the new who
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a new tardis console

Oh god I hope so! But I think we've already got Capladi's desktop theme and they just let Matt break it in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like revamps. It is one show. When you change everything, It' s like a new show which is not good!
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There has to be some continuity for the viewer, Clara will be staying so that is one item. That will keep the viewer grounded with a constant initially while change is going on around us. If Clara is able to handle the change, then the viewer will be able to handle the change. She is our constant, our viewpoint to the world of the Doctor.
  • HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <snip>.....I'd also like the Capaldi era to have the version of the theme song heard at the end of Day of the Doctor.....</snip>

This. Definitely this. With the middle 8 and everything. All these rules that credits have to be a certain length and no longer really gets on my.....well, you know.

Oh, and no bloody continuity announcer telling me what's coming next. I've got an on screen guide and apps aplenty. I bloody know what's coming next, just **** off and let me enjoy the whole programme, not just the bits you think I should enjoy.

Too much? I think that was too much :blush:

edit: Huh. Seems DS isn't a fan of Father Ted or Mrs. Brown. Ever their modified expletive doesn't seem to be allowed here. Oh well.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New titles would be good. The current ones are a bit of a random mess apart from the vortex bit which I like. I like the current tardis except I think it should be bigger.