Riversong/mels- from New York to UK how?

bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,934
Forum Member
✭✭✭
when did Young Riversong/Mels how did she end from being stuck in New York to end in up in the UK:confused:

The last time we saw Young Riversong/Mels we saw begining the Regenation Cycle EP2 but on saturdaynothing was mention by Mels/ Riversong how she got from New York to the UK and who was looking after her in the UK- so how did she get to the UK without anyone one saying a word :confused:

Comments

• temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody knows. I suspect we will find out in episode 13.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it really matter? I don't get why some people need every little thing answered. Just leave some things to the imagination/unexplained.

However, there are a number of ways. Who knows what gadgets she got from/took from Madame K and her lot before she escaped.

She could have hitch-hiked, stowed away. begged, borrowed and stole her way to the UK.

She may have been young, but you can bet she was very street savy.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Airplane
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a suspicious feeling that we'll find out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine she must also have traveled through time. Since we know she ages, she would be older than Mels is in LKH if she had lived from the 1960s. I think that The Silence put her in the right time and place.
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Does it really matter? I don't get why some people need every little thing answered. Just leave some things to the imagination/unexplained.

However, there are a number of ways. Who knows what gadgets she got from/took from Madame K and her lot before she escaped.

She could have hitch-hiked, stowed away. begged, borrowed and stole her way to the UK.

She may have been young, but you can bet she was very street savy.

I'm with you all the way up to the last comment. If anything, she'd be the least "street savvy" kid in town - she'd apparently never been near a street in her life.
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    temperare wrote: »
    Nobody knows. I suspect we will find out in episode 13.

Just a thought...

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the chap who saw her start to regenerate in America was a kindly black man?

He may have adopted her but I'm thinking it would be interesting if she'd regenerated with dark skin because he was there - perhaps to suit him or perhaps the process picked up on his skin colour as a reference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Just a thought...

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the chap who saw her start to regenerate in America was a kindly black man?

He may have adopted her but I'm thinking it would be interesting if she'd regenerated with dark skin because he was there - perhaps to suit him or perhaps the process picked up on his skin colour as a reference.

Yes, he did seem like a kindly man, but I also got the impression that he was a homeless man, so I'm not sure he could have been any help to her (well, not on his own, anyway).
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Airplane

Looks like the Doctor picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    The interesting bit about this is her lines from LKH:

"Last time I did this I ended up a toddler in New York"

and

"It took me ages to find you" (to Amy & Rory)
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you all the way up to the last comment. If anything, she'd be the least "street savvy" kid in town - she'd apparently never been near a street in her life.

What I mean is she should be able to look after herself. Street savvy was probably the wrong term to use.

She was raised to be an assassin. So I think she would be able to look after herself and get herself to where she needs to be with no problems.
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phileq wrote: »
    The interesting bit about this is her lines from LKH:

"Last time I did this I ended up a toddler in New York"

and

"It took me ages to find you" (to Amy & Rory)

This is probably barmy, but I thought about the following thing.

She said the regenerated into a toddler in New York. We thus assume that she is the little girl in 1969 regenerating into a toddler. If she hasn't travelled in time, that would mean that she lived up to approximately 20, 21 years (Amy's age). That would take ther to 1990, the date on Rory's badge was 1990.... You can see where I'm going with that. Ledworth the village that time forgot:D:D

Yes I'm still waiting for the explaination of the badge. I'm also going to look at a screencap of the paper the doctor held up. I think there is something weird about Ledworth and time (maybe arranged by whoever looked after Mels to keep her close to her parents, so that she would meet the doctor).
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do we really need to know. Is it too much of a push to think that the people that arranged her adoption(?) with a leadworth family also arranged for her transport from US to UK?
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was confused about this too.
    Maybe the Silence survived (I'm fairly certain the Doctor didn't get rid of them as well as he had thought) and took her to her young parents in the UK?
    What really confuses me is how she stayed a child between 1969 and 1996 then started growing up. Time Lady-ness, perhaps? I don't know. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should say about the original thread topic, I wasn't confused by that. She might have been adopted and her parents moved to the UK, maybe Madame K brought her to the UK (even with time travel to make up for my theory above).

I assume we might find anyway, because River's story from regeneration in New York to Amy and Rory's mate will probably be dealt with in the final.
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was confused about this too.
    Maybe the Silence survived (I'm fairly certain the Doctor didn't get rid of them as well as he had thought) and took her to her young parents in the UK?
    What really confuses me is how she stayed a child between 1969 and 1996 then started growing up. Time Lady-ness, perhaps? I don't know. :(

We really do not know anything about the Human+ DNA so it is possible

However it is also possible that the people responsible had time travel capabilities...although Lachs theory about 1990 is very intriguing
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    This is probably barmy, but I thought about the following thing.

She said the regenerated into a toddler in New York. We thus assume that she is the little girl in 1969 regenerating into a toddler. If she hasn't travelled in time, that would mean that she lived up to approximately 20, 21 years (Amy's age). That would take ther to 1990, the date on Rory's badge was 1990.... You can see where I'm going with that. Ledworth the village that time forgot:D:D

Yes I'm still waiting for the explaination of the badge. I'm also going to look at a screencap of the paper the doctor held up. I think there is something weird about Ledworth and time (maybe arranged by whoever looked after Mels to keep her close to her parents, so that she would meet the doctor).

No! Not the Mind Probe!!! :eek: Erm....I mean - No! Not the Rory Pass!!!! :p

I hope he doesn't go back and fix that production error. I predicted SM wouldn't and have a fear of year old posts being resurrected to taunt me. :o

There's quite a lot to fill in between the 1969 (1970?) New York regeneration and "Mels" starting school with Amelia. The "how did the aging thing work?" and the "how did she get there". She had seemingly escaped The Silence, but does that mean the last contact she had with her brainwashers was in Day Of The Moon, or did they recapture?

None of it needs to be answered, really. I'm happy to go with "stuff happened". Especially if it means we never see that blooming hospital pass again. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    No! Not the Mind Probe!!! :eek: Erm....I mean - No! Not the Rory Pass!!!! :p

I hope he doesn't go back and fix that production error. I predicted SM wouldn't and have a fear of year old posts being resurrected to taunt me. :o

There's quite a lot to fill in between the 1969 (1970?) New York regeneration and "Mels" starting school with Amelia. The "how did the aging thing work?" and the "how did she get there". She had seemingly escaped The Silence, but does that mean the last contact she had with her brainwashers was in Day Of The Moon, or did they recapture?

None of it needs to be answered, really. I'm happy to go with "stuff happened". Especially if it means we never see that blooming hospital pass again. :)

Too late, and I just started a thread on it:p:D.
    Feel free not to post on it;)

By the way, I don't think any of it needs to be answered! I'm not shouting plot hole, it's just a silly litte theory that would fit with the time line.:cool:

I'm not going to jump out of a window if I never ever see the hospital badge again, but if we do, you will be teased mercilessly by me:p:p
    Forum Member
    Too late, and I just started a thread on it:p:D.
    Feel free not to post on it;)

By the way, I don't think any of it needs to be answered! I'm not shouting plot hole, it's just a silly litte theory that would fit with the time line.:cool:

I'm not going to jump out of a window if I never ever see the hospital badge again, but if we do, you will be teased mercilessly by me:p:p

Oh yes - it's all part of the fun to plug the bits we haven't seen (or haven't seen...yet). Don't want to be grumpy about people doing that. But I can't remember what I said about Rory's pass in the past. I don't think I'd have been foolish enough to promise to eat my hat. But you never know.

(Who was it that promised ages ago to eat their underpants and post the video on the You Tube if they were wrong about something? Was it Wizzywick? I can't remember their prediction now...will have to try and find it :D).
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't even try! Much as I enjoyed LKH, it was a tad rushed and confusing at times.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Oh yes - it's all part of the fun to plug the bits we haven't seen (or haven't seen...yet). Don't want to be grumpy about people doing that. But I can't remember what I said about Rory's pass in the past. I don't think I'd have been foolish enough to promise to eat my hat. But you never know.

(Who was it that promised ages ago to eat their underpants and post the video on the You Tube if they were wrong about something? Was it Wizzywick? I can't remember their prediction now...will have to try and find it :D).

I don't need to eat my underpants! It was the "River is Amy's Daughter" reveal!
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I imagine she must also have traveled through time. Since we know she ages, she would be older than Mels is in LKH if she had lived from the 1960s. I think that The Silence put her in the right time and place.

I was wondering if this is evidence that Time Lords age differently to humans during each incarnation. We know The Doctor made it to an old man before he regenerated for the first time, but how long it took him to get to that age who knows. The Tenth Doctor told Donna he visited the Medusa Cascade as a kid of 90. So it would seem the ageing process is slower. Perhaps when Mels regenerated into a toddler in 1969, she aged at a slower rate to the average human, thus only being 8/9 years old in the 1990s.
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I don't need to eat my underpants! It was the "River is Amy's Daughter" reveal!

yay!*high fives wizzy* :)
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    when did Young Riversong/Mels how did she end from being stuck in New York to end in up in the UK:confused...

In the Silent's Tardis which she parked on Aickman Road?