Options

Is it time to call it a day?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 488
Forum Member
Better to go out on a high than on a limp.

Comments

• Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that all you have to say? It doesn't give us anything to debate. Nobody is forcing you to watch it if you don't like it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    You have not read my post properly have you?

"Better to go out on a HIGH".

I think the show is great, but I would not want it to end up in the gutter.
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Go out on a high" is nice in theory, but few people in the TV world outside of John Cleese and Ricky Gervais really go by that maxim. When The Apprentice ends, it'll almost certainly because ratings have sunk (as happened to Young Apprentice), or Lord Sugar is just too worn out to do it anymore.
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Unless there are definitive signs that the show is faring poorly I don't see any reason to end it prematurely. I was pretty disappointed when Young Apprentice ended, I think it showed kids a route to success which is rarely, if ever, showcased on mainstream tv. :(
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the days of The Apprentice going out on a high are over. I can virtually predict the characters and the tasks at this point and it is far from 'must see' viewing, sorry.
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have not read my post properly have you?

"Better to go out on a HIGH".

I think the show is great, but I would not want it to end up in the gutter.

So you think it is still pretty good but must inevitably deteriorate? I would agree with that, assuming I am interpreting you correctly.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    nope its still going strong in the ratings so theres no reason to axe it
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I was just thinking, Series 10 and 11 just weren't what I consider to be TA. The number of candidates meant that they weren't very memorable - I feel that last two series blur into one. Also, the candidates were edited to be totally incompetent which made for a very lacklustre finale. Also, it just feels very gimmicky having many multiple firings.

I don't see why it shouldn't go on - ratings are still good and there's still lots of buzz about the show - but they need to try and improve the credibility, but it's starting to go a bit BB.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I love the show and still avidly watch it, but it does sometimes get me very frustrated....

I hate the way it shows the candidates as complete numpties - have NONE of them actually watched the show in the 11 years it's been running? As was said above, the tasks are repeated if not series after series, then every other one, so nothing should come as a surprise to any of them - yet series after series they make the same balls ups on the same type of tasks. These guys are supposed to be the future captains of industry, but if they are the creme de la creme, there's not much hope for British Industry with some of these at the helm.

All that said I as long as the show is on, I will watch it - Claude has bedded in nicely to the Nick role, and I struggle to remember Margaret now that Karren has settled in
  • Options
    Matt_HarbinsonMatt_Harbinson Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I hope its not going to end as it makes for good watching but often makes you cringe. There is often a serious lack of business focus and strategy in it though which kind of defeats the purpose of entrepreurial tasks. For example, the first episode of last years on the losing team was pretty bad - none of them cared about the task and it just ran away from them from the offset. A real entrepreneur would thrive on those sorts of tasks. A lot of them just seem fame hungry or money motivated which doesn't make for a good business person.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    if ratings are anything to go by it wont go anywhere soon cos its still getting 1's and 2s every week