Doc Martin (Part 12 — Spoilers)

1123124125126127129»

Comments

• Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »

He apparently did some serious "moaning" to the powers-that-be at ITV. Wonder if this was a quid pro quo for S6?
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as doing other acting jobs, is MC's allegiance only to ITV? I don't recall him in any BBC's roles. I am assuming he is an independent who is owner of BP with PB and is free to work elsewhere. He had previously stated he did not want to come to the states to work nor was he interested in the stage. As far as the writers for DM, I would assume they are free to work elsewhere in between the series. He is a person with many interests besides acting-- documentary films, commercials, president of BHS, his farm, his charities. I only wish Woody Allen would grab him for a role in one of his movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    I have wondered why he said that they would be getting married at the beginning of S6. Why not at the end of S6? Will that open the door to a disagreement at the conclusion and thus open the door a bit to S7?:):)

I want to remind everyone that there was another way to interpret what MC said about them getting married - and we don't know what he meant. Another interpretation is they were starting with the premise of them getting married in S6 - not that the series would start with them married.

I do hope they build through the series to them getting married a little farther in as they have some important work to do first! Hard work and fun work - or maybe that can be combined? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    As far as doing other acting jobs, is MC's allegiance only to ITV? I don't recall him in any BBC's roles. I am assuming he is an independent who is owner of BP with PB and is free to work elsewhere. He had previously stated he did not want to come to the states to work nor was he interested in the stage. As far as the writers for DM, I would assume they are free to work elsewhere in between the series. He is a person with many interests besides acting-- documentary films, commercials, president of BHS, his farm, his charities. I only wish Woody Allen would grab him for a role in one of his movies.

I guess we just don't know what his contractual arrangements are with ITV. He's been on BBC programs -- Have I Got News for You, e.g. (I think that's BBC) but don't remember any dramas. He could do movies, as well. He sounds sincere to me in his desire to do more acting -- that seems central to him -- but he probably can't compete with ITV programs, and he's ruled out other options, so the opportunities might be less than they once were.
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dcdmfan wrote: »
    I think Martin Clunes meant what he said about them getting married pretty much at the beginning of the series. The Scottish interviewer gave him time at the end to make the announcement. I got the feeling that it was pre-planned for him to say something. I don't think he let it slip by accident. I think that he is using cohabitating in subsequent interviews because he doesn't necessarily want to say it too often to the larger television audience. The Scottish interview was right after the disastrous interview with Lynn whatsername. I like to think he was throwing a present to us superfans when he announced the interview.

Again, we're not sure of the timing. It could be in E1 of S6 they have been cohabitating, perhaps for some time, and by the end actually get married. The only problem with that is that DM is due back in London very shortly after the S5 finale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Again, we're not sure of the timing. It could be in E1 of S6 they have been cohabitating, perhaps for some time, and by the end actually get married. The only problem with that is that DM is due back in London very shortly after the S5 finale.

Personally, I don't see how he gets out of being sued for breach of contract, if he doesn't go to London, but maybe there is less of that kind of litigation in England than there would be in the U.S. Or maybe the PortWenn effect at work. I really don't expect to hear more than a passing sentence or two about London (unless we see AR give LG a heart-to-heart about all that's she's "making" DM give up) -- b/c the moving to London bit has served its plot purpose, imo..
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    I really don't expect to hear more than a passing sentence or two about London (unless we see AR give LG a heart-to-heart about all that's she's "making" DM give up) -- b/c the moving to London bit has served its plot purpose, imo..
    Sorry, NewPark, I beg to differ with you. I know you are a lovely person. I was married to a man who was pre-med before I met him and had to switch to another field because of lack of family funds to see him through, plus other factors which I won't go into here. When he passed away a few years ago, the first thing I thought of was what a waste that he didn't fulfill his dream of going into the medical field. But, we fell in love, I gave him 3 wonderful children and I hope a good marriage, that dream faded into the background. So, AR understands DM more than anyone that fire in the belly of DM to go back to surgery.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58181499#post58181499
    This discussion has been closed.