Gary Lineker leaves Twitter for 'personal reasons' ?

2»

Comments

• Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard that he was allegedly a maniac for going round touching up women and having affairs all over the BBC. Very few women liked to work with him. :eek:

really?? i must admit i've never heard anything bad about him until Barton spouted off on twitter but i took that with a pinch of salt as i do with Barton's tweets,
    As for Gary leaving twitter-has he?? i haven't noticed!:o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    The cynic in me wonders if some big scandal is about to break, but i don't actually know anything.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    The cynic in me wonders if some big scandal is about to break, but i don't actually know anything.

thought has crossed my mind too, Sunday papers imminent:eek:
    Maybe he just got bored with it all or really is some personal private thing (if so the son didn't seem to know)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a story was going to appear in the papers why would that require him to leave twitter? Doesn't quite make sense unless the story is regarding something he has done via twitter.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    If a story was going to appear in the papers why would that require him to leave twitter? Doesn't quite make sense unless the story is regarding something he has done via twitter.

Depends what the story was, I can think of a few examples where leaving twitter would seem a sensible idea. Saying that I know nothing about Gary's reason for leaving
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't follow gary on twitter, just wondering if his wife is on twitter?
  • TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Lineker is known for his 'octopus' impressions in amongst make-up ladies.
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2265091/Its-time-Gary-Lineker-deletes-Twitter-account-personal-reasons.html

Shame, i'll never forget Christmas, and him forgetting to switch oven on, to cook Turkey, actually made headline news. I was :D
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piers Morgan claims he knows the reason and it's neither sinister or related to trolls.
  • pink15pink15 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    i got the impression it may have been something to do with what he discovered through filming WDYTYA.

Troll activity toward his son was a while ago and his handy behaviour has been going unreported for years.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pink15 wrote: »
    i got the impression it may have been something to do with what he discovered through filming WDYTYA.

What on earth could he have found out that would have made him ashamed enough to close his Twitter account?

His brother's a crook, never mind any he has amongst his ancestors.

http://www.insolvencynews.com/article/14128/personal/gary-linekers-brother-declared-bankrupt

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/gary-linekers-burglar-brother-is-jailed-for-fraud-475478.html
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's what I've been thinking too.
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,618
    Forum Member
    He is still on twitter but his tweets are protected.
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,618
    Forum Member
    Actually just looked again and his tweets are public but all his followers have gone except for 2.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm naive, but his reasons seem good enough. I know a fair few people are leaving FB for the same reason.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    That's what I've been thinking too.

Never!!!! Footballer who claims to be family man turns out to be cheating bastard????? Couldn't be :p:eek::D
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG somebody off the telly left twitter !!! call the papers quickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :sleep:
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually just looked again and his tweets are public but all his followers have gone except for 2.

You're undoubtedly looking at a spoof account. He's gone.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    OMG somebody off the telly left twitter !!! call the papers quickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :sleep:

Man clicks button on website!
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps his New Year's resolution was to get a life.:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine any scandal about to hit the press as he is Mr Super Injunction. But if he's having a hard time and needs to quit twitter then good. The man is a creep of the very first order and rumours about him are rife. Hiding behind his kids illness all those years ago was very low. He has obviously silenced his first wife because we've never heard a word from her and the latest one has been quiet for a while now. He makes my flesh crawl!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheWayItIs wrote: »
    Gary Lineker is known for his 'octopus' impressions in amongst make-up ladies.

Ah! That explains the inch thick orange panstick foundation - REVENGE!!
  • Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine any scandal about to hit the press as he is Mr Super Injunction. But if he's having a hard time and needs to quit twitter then good. The man is a creep of the very first order and rumours about him are rife. Hiding behind his kids illness all those years ago was very low. He has obviously silenced his first wife because we've never heard a word from her and the latest one has been quiet for a while now. He makes my flesh crawl!

Yeah I've heard that he has good lawyers & as soon as theres a hint of a story he swings into action.