Options

Season 21 - DISCUSS!

Comments

• Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    Catanzaro? She'd be a good signing; popular and so incredibly physically fit it's unbelievable - she could probably do some impressive lifts both as the lifted and the lifter!

Yes, that's the one.

Also...

Kaitlyn - Bachelorette

An ex-boyfriend of one of the Kartrashians

(Some of these rumours are pretty flimsy btw :D)
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a time I could recognise more than half of the celebrities but in recent years, I barely get 1 :D

I think DWTS should stick to one season a year with 14 celebrities and strip it back a little. Find new judges. Replace Erin with a recognisable presenter, Ellen DeGeneres, Robin Roberts, somebody along those lines.
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of people on Twitter believe Kacy will be revealed tomorrow as she said on Twitter that she is in New York where GMA is filmed

Keo put a photo of Sharna and himself on instragram it looks like a promo shot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Rumoured celebs....

Allison Baver - speed skater and model - has been tweeting and retweeting lots of DWTS stuff and is following DWTS and Artem.

Lots of people tweeting about Shay Mitchell - PLL actress.

Nick Carter - Backstreet Boys singer

Michelle Visage apparently following Tony

Bethany Hamilton - very tall surfer who lost an arm in a shark attack

A very small gymnast. Kacy Something

Someone from GMA who was originally earmarked for Derek last time

A celeb will be announced on GMA on Monday. Perhaps they're going to announce them like SCD does.

Allison also started following Val & Mark

Hope Sasha is a pro for Kacy

Scott Disick is the ex boyfriend of one of the kardashians. I would be happy if Caithin Jenner isn't doing it as I think it would turn in the Caithin Jenner show maybe in the future when the hype dies down a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »

Scott Disick is the ex boyfriend of one of the kardashians. I would be happy if Caithin Jenner isn't doing it as I think it would turn in the Caithin Jenner show maybe in the future when the hype dies down a bit.

If Kacy is in you would hope Sasha would get the chance. If (big 'if') the surfer lady is in, I understand she's tall, so maybe Keo, although I wonder if he 'd be the right fit in other ways, or Tony. Some debate about whether there are 12 or 13 celebs, so there could be room for Keo, Tony and Sasha if there are 13.

I'd read Scott's name in connection with DWTS speculation and understand he probably should be in rehab, so hoping he's a no. Likewise the rest of that tacky lot. Good luck to Caitlyn, and all that, but I'm just not interested. I've never watched any of their shows so only know them from the Sidebar of Shame and I'm really hoping it stays that way. (Fat chance!:cry:). Yuck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Kacy is in you would hope Sasha would get the chance. If (big 'if') the surfer lady is in, I understand she's tall, so maybe Keo, although I wonder if he 'd be the right fit in other ways, or Tony. Some debate about whether there are 12 or 13 celebs, so there could be room for Keo, Tony and Sasha if there are 13.

I'd read Scott's name in connection with DWTS speculation and understand he probably should be in rehab, so hoping he's a no. Likewise the rest of that tacky lot. Good luck to Caitlyn, and all that, but I'm just not interested. I've never watched any of their shows so only know them from the Sidebar of Shame and I'm really hoping it stays that way. (Fat chance!:cry:). Yuck!

New promo Sasha has been taken out of the promo

Kristyn did a periscope last night she thinks all the pros will be back Keo was on and she asked him if he was on & who was his partner and surprise surprise he didn't answer ;-)
    Tony just signed a new contract in January for 3 years & this is Derek's last season on his contract.

Backstreet boys tweeted that they have an announcement today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KiwiJay wrote: »

I've heard of her Dad of course, but otherwise.....^_^
  • Options
    KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met Bindi a few times while in Australia - she is a wonderful young woman. She's presented numerous television shows including a U.S. syndicated show 'Bindi's Boot Camp', has starred in children's film 'Return to Nim's Island' and remains a staunch wildlife conservationist, running Australia Zoo along with mother Terri and brother Bob, in memory of Steve.

I actually think it is an inspired choice by DWTS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So Mark's partner; he seems to get the young contestants
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met Bindi a few times while in Australia - she is a wonderful young woman. She's presented numerous television shows including a U.S. syndicated show 'Bindi's Boot Camp', has starred in children's film 'Return to Nim's Island' and remains a staunch wildlife conservationist, running Australia Zoo along with mother Terri and brother Bob, in memory of Steve.

I actually think it is an inspired choice by DWTS.
    Nice to know :). Look forward to seeing her.
    So Mark's partner; he seems to get the young contestants
    I'd love to say: No, they wouldn't be so predictable.....:(

Apparently she's 5'1
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder if Caitlyn Jenner might not be too controversial for DWTS right now, given the possible manslaughter charge that's pending. The producers may prefer to wait.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a664494/caitlyn-jenner-should-face-vehicular-manslaughter-charge-investigators-recommend.html#~pmnQgAGdXiJbbl
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New celeb today

@DancingABC: Who will be the second star joining the cast of #dwts? Tune in to @SportsNation today to find out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy with Bindi; a nice choice. Obviously some people will see her as famous just for her father but I think her own career at such a young age is an achievement and I could see her with Mark for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sum total of what I know about her is pretty much in this thread, so I have nothing against Bindi, but I have a feeling she's going to irritate if her GMA chat is the real her...

http://abcnews.go.com/beta/Entertainment/dancing-stars-season-21-bindi-irwin-revealed-celebrity/story?id=33236211

The last bit with her 'inspirational' words - just a bit ... 'much'. :blush:
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    The sum total of what I know about her is pretty much in this thread, so I have nothing against Bindi, but I have a feeling she's going to irritate if her GMA chat is the real her...

http://abcnews.go.com/beta/Entertainment/dancing-stars-season-21-bindi-irwin-revealed-celebrity/story?id=33236211

The last bit with her 'inspirational' words - just a bit ... 'much'. :blush:

I think she's just obviously very excited and overwhelmed...she's 17 a typical excitable teenager.

As far as inspirational tone of her interview, well that's just how she grew up ie giving motivational speeches in Australia on TV, in their zoo, during entertainments in front of adults and children alike...it how she is all the time always high spirited girl. Maybe too much for others who do not really know or have seen her on on her shows and other events but she's just naturally a very positive girl. She obviously got that trait from her dad, Steve Irwin.

Anyway good luck to Bindi!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you remember Steve's temperament, you'll know why Bindi is so positive and spirited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are like strictly they accidentally linked the 2nd celeb on the abc website oops

It's a jockey called Victor Espinoza

https://twitter.com/dwts360/status/636272870017007617

He is 5'2"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espinoza won the 2015 Triple Crown championship on the horse, American Pharaoh. He's a thoroughbred racing jockey, aged 43. At 5'2 - he'll have to be given the shortest pro...Witney?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From DWTS 360 Twitter

Keo & Emma are pros

Emma and Lindsey found out today whether they had got a celeb and Emma got the celeb

Lindsay, Jenna and Hayley are in the troupe with Sasha and Alan one more tbc Henry is out doing forever tango Brittany was told 2 weeks ago that she was not going to be on the show Jenna was nearly off the show if there hadn't of been another male for Emma then she would have been in the troupe and Jenna wouldn't have a place - edit Jenna since tweeted this was false so thinking it was probably between Emma & Lindsay

Hayley is not a ballroom dancer or at least she wasn't on sytycd - a contemporary dancer and is struggling with the Latin dances

6 males & 7 females celebs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 female celebs, so the male pros are..
    Artem
    Val
    Derek
    Mark
    Keo
    Tony??
    A.N.Other

I wonder if we'll find out what happened with Henry. The theatre thing he's in is only three days in November, so I doubt that's the reason...😏
    Did he go of in a huff or are they teaching him a lesson???

Hayley in for a trained ballroom dancer is just insulting (even if Brittany was invisible last season. Too similar to Jenna).

Jenna's tweet has been removed (about her not being on the chopping block).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Carter is the next celeb (and is rumoured to be with Sharna I hope this is true)

Val wasn't happy guessing it about the pro rumours

@iamValC: Gettin anxious... heard if they don't lock a celebrity down by midnight tonight, umma be sitting this one out . 😁😁 #thatsalotofboxing

@iamValC: 😝😝😝 Im just messing with the stan bloggers that always seem to have the 'accurate' information from 'inside' sources https://t.co/kZFOsAH0Uu

@iamValC: for real tho heard from a friend of a kid who's cousin knew someone who worked for DWTS season2.. That celebs dont wanna be paired with me

@iamValC: inside source is another term for a snitch releasing information that's exaggerated, manipulated, and most likely completely out of context

Pros who previously worked on DWTS and wasn't Val, Mark or Derek have said that they had found out just before the announcement that they weren't needed as tptb couldn't find them a celeb or the celeb pulled out so it is ok for Val to joke about it but it has happened in the past

Rumours are that Mark is not Bindi's partner no idea who is

Think Henry wasn't happy with what happened last season so decided to leave I preferred Brittany to Jenna tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexa Vega is Mark's partner and her husband
    Carlos Penn Jr is Witney's partner
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexa Vega is Mark's partner and her husband
    Carlos Penn Jr is Witney's partner

I'm so confused with what's going on :cry:

So Emma & Keo are pros. Val isn't?

Where were Alexa and Carlos announced!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pros who previously worked on DWTS and wasn't Val, Mark or Derek have said that they had found out just before the announcement that they weren't needed as tptb couldn't find them a celeb or the celeb pulled out so it is ok for Val to joke about it but it has happened in the past

Rumours are that Mark is not Bindi's partner no idea who is

Think Henry wasn't happy with what happened last season so decided to leave I preferred Brittany to Jenna tbh

I think Val was having a dig at the folk at Pure. He said something about, 'why do they have to be do cruel?' In all fairness to him (though I think he'd be better to rise above it and not respond), they are pretty vile about him and all things 'Fam'.

I'm so confused with what's going on :cry:

So Emma & Keo are pros. Val isn't?

Where were Alexa and Carlos announced!?

Lol! All three are. His twitterings were a bit incoherent, but I think he was just poking a stick at some people who (he thinks) think they are more important than they are :p

Read kp's post further up for the news about pros in or out. :)

These two celebs? Not sure...away to have a gander.

ETA: this is the Twitter account which seems to have the scoops...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/dwts360