Corrie - Sean

Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What an embarassigly bad performance tonight from Antony Cotton.

Even by his standards this was a new low!

Comments

• Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The broken record plays again.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Forget about Antony Cotton for a minute, 'Sean' is a dreadful, dreadful character.

So, so boring and predictable. Always unlucky in love, doesn't get any storylines and when he does it always falls flat, lives with Eileen, no development, glorified extra..................can't for the life of me understand why he's still there.

ITV won't axe Sean because he's popular amongst the Twitterati, and he's loved by the cast and crew. Is it true the character has appeared in more Corrie episodes than Emily Bishop? :eek:
  • Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an embarassigly bad performance tonight from Antony Cotton.

Even by his standards this was a new low!

Oh, Alan. You should know better than to say anything negative about Dame Antony Rotten on here. His merry little band of followers will be after you with pitchforks from now on.

One would think that his acting would've improved after 14 years of being on the show but it's actually getting worse. He's terrible.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more amazing that it's passed to be shown on TV.
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that irritates me the most is his selfish attitude making everything about himself.

Also I might start keeping a record of every time he takes that tea towel and throws it over his shoulder, it's becoming a recurring theme.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirk Angel wrote: »

yep.

seriously is there any need for another thread on sean
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we've waited 12 years to get of Sean

Episode of the year:D:D:D
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like Sean but only as a casual supporting background character. I think he can be quite funny - in very small doses. Anthony Cotton is really not up to ... well - acting really.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F*cking atrocious acting, do the producers really sit down and think that is good.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,188
    Forum Member
    Oh, Alan. You should know better than to say anything negative about Dame Antony Rotten on here. His merry little band of followers will be after you with pitchforks from now on. :D

They have been surprisingly quiet tonight, not one has flown to his defence.

I guess even they couldn't defend that appalling "performance" :D
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that irritates me the most is his selfish attitude making everything about himself.

Also I might start keeping a record of every time he takes that tea towel and throws it over his shoulder, it's becoming a recurring theme.

He is obviously the next Jack Duckworth, mixed in a bit with Bet Lynch.
  • Sweet_ChocolateSweet_Chocolate Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Oh, Alan. You should know better than to say anything negative about Dame Antony Rotten on here. His merry little band of followers will be after you with pitchforks from now on.

One would think that his acting would've improved after 14 years of being on the show but it's actually getting worse. He's terrible.
    They have been surprisingly quiet tonight, not one has flown to his defence.

I guess even they couldn't defend that appalling "performance" :D

Or maybe they have something called a life and don't obsess over a fictional character every day like you pair. ^_^:p
    Forum Member
    Or maybe they have something called a life and don't obsess over a fictional character every day like you pair. ^_^:p

Well, you are obviously taking the time to read what we say every day. :p
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    yep.

seriously is there any need for another thread on sean

Yes, there is after that shocking exhibition tonight.

I don't recall you complaining when someone actually created a thread about Cotton's "great acting" last week. ;-)
  • Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe they have something called a life and don't obsess over a fictional character everyday like you pair. ^_^:p

and yet they were on this thread quicker than a rat up a drain pipe. :p

No one can deny that his acting was terrible tonight, even by his standards.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget about Antony Cotton for a minute, 'Sean' is a dreadful, dreadful character.

So, so boring and predictable. Always unlucky in love, doesn't get any storylines and when he does it always falls flat, lives with Eileen, no development, glorified extra..................can't for the life of me understand why he's still there.

ITV won't axe Sean because he's popular amongst the Twitterati, and he's loved by the cast and crew. Is it true the character has appeared in more Corrie episodes than Emily Bishop? :eek:
    Of course he hasn't. The only characters to have appeared more than Emily are Ken, Gail, Rita and Deirdre.

Fiz however, is in the top twenty most appeared ever. Sandwiched in between Bet and Roy and Mavis and Alf. Yep.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    It's only a broken record because his acting is consistently s**t.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    It's only a broken record because his acting is consistently s**t.

I'd quibble with the "consistently!, I think. It was exceedingly shit tonight, even by his standards.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another anti Tully thread >:(>:(>:(
  • FookschplatFookschplat Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he is saving some of that money he is earning as he won't be acting again in a hurry, unless it is in panto... funny thing is I thought he was actually ok the other night when he was being serious in the church... strange :-)
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Yet another anti Tully thread >:(>:(>:(

Yet another pointless protest from you! :p:D:p
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the scene with Eva was particularly cringeworthy. that flick of the head thing he does is very annoying as well. it was surprising as he was quite good the other night.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Deirdre Barlow had been reborn for a second.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, there is after that shocking exhibition tonight.

I don't recall you complaining when someone actually created a thread about Cotton's "great acting" last week. ;-)

It was this week wasn't it?

but yes I think I might of mentioned again that it is getting beyond ridiculous.

how many threads titled corrie-sean or CS Sean are needed?

not one a day, I don't care if you all want to moan, but have a thread and stick to it. Vaslav manages it with Cora
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now he's been bad for a while but tonight topped the lot I wanted to put my hand through the telly and slap him with that ruddy tea towel
This discussion has been closed.