Typing skills more important than handwriting?

2»

Comments

• planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    My parents both had terrible handwriting, I struggled to read letters from them - especially my mother. Some very intelligent people, with high levels of education, have bad handwriting - I don't think bad handwriting has much to do with levels of education, what they write may do though. ;) You could have beautiful handwriting but terrible spelling and grammar, or the opposite could be true.

My handwriting is terrible, typing comes much more easily to me - my hand stiffens up very quickly when I'm writing.

I remember having penmanship lessons when we were at school abroad, one of my favourite classes. You'd never know it, reading my messy scrawl!

i never said bad handwriting was a marker for low intelligence or low levels of education muggins :confused:
    the levels i spoke of to noodkleoptra were referring to noody saying they are teaching kids with "appalling handwriting" in the post i was replying to.
  • Lil MunchkinLil Munchkin Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it's ideas such as this that have lead to our future generations not being able to write properly or hold a pen, nor can they spell, and more often than not it's that 'text speak'. It's all tick boxes, spell check and C U L8R rubbish. >:(