Twin peaks returns on Showtime 2017

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    There were rumours a while back she was only offered a cameo & said no.

That's a shame
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    HMV is selling the blu ray boxset for £17.99 all weekend instore and online. Great chance for anyone who hasn't seen it to pick it up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piper Laurie has confirmed in an interview she wasn't even asked to come back, despite telling David Lynch she would. Hmm. Unless they felt they didn't need the character.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry Goaz- Deputy Andy- has said David Bowie would have been in it had he not passed away. The mind boggles.
    Forum Member
    I think he would have. I do think however that it will be very different from the original series and will probably be more grounded in reality.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Production has been completed, David Lynch is now in the editing room and Twin Peaks will premiere in the second quarter of 2017. Basically 1 whole year away.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I think he would have. I do think however that it will be very different from the original series and will probably be more grounded in reality.

Then it won't be Twin Peaks. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Production has been completed, David Lynch is now in the editing room and Twin Peaks will premiere in the second quarter of 2017. Basically 1 whole year away.

Oh for goodness sake.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    HMV is selling the blu ray boxset for £17.99 all weekend instore and online. Great chance for anyone who hasn't seen it to pick it up.

Was about to cry that I missed such an offer because I was in HMV the other day and it was £50 but I just checked on the website and it's still £17.99 Thank you thank you THANK YOU so much for posting this!!!!!!! I was really debating whether to pick it up for £50 or not.

EDIT: In all my excitement I didn't see it is Sold Out :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::
    Forum Member
    No problem :) It was sold out days ago and then they got more stock in again and then it sold out again. If you buy it now you will still get it at £17.99. They just seem to be getting stock in small batches but they are still getting them in and it is still £17.99 :D
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine how they couldn't have thought of any role for Catherine... presumably Ghostwood Country Club & Estates are are up and running, plus a certain lodge spirit (which is where Josie is meant to be) could get up to a spot of haunting, given that '25 years' seems to signify the lodges opening up and wreaking havoc.
    Forum Member
    No problem :) It was sold out days ago and then they got more stock in again and then it sold out again. If you buy it now you will still get it at £17.99. They just seem to be getting stock in small batches but they are still getting them in and it is still £17.99 :D

There isn't an option it seems to buy it on the website now but I've entered my email address so I'll get notified (hopefully) when it's back in stock.
    Forum Member
    It's back in stock on HMV.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone change the thread title from 2016 to 2017 now the date has changed ?

Or start a new thread ?
    Forum Member
    It's back in stock on HMV.

Saw the notification in my inbox 6 o clock this morning rushed to the website... Sold out :cry: to be honest at that price it wouldn't surprise me if people were ordering in bulk and then up selling them on eBay or the like to make a profit
  • jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    Can someone change the thread title from 2016 to 2017 now the date has changed ?

Or start a new thread ?

I don't think the op can change it anymore as the edit button only appears for a short time after you originally post a comment. I don't know if digital spy themselves can change it but it would be worth asking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can use the alert button and ask for a change.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »

Or start a new thread ?

And we need a new thread because?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the blu-ray is being reissued later this year in more conventional packaging & without the tenth disc, maybe explaining why hmv were selling the original cheap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the blu-ray is being reissued later this year in more conventional packaging & without the tenth disc, maybe explaining why hmv were selling the original cheap.

I read about that a few hours ago. I know it's being re-released in the US. But i am sure a UK re-release will follow.
    Forum Member

I'm a bit confused because HMV sold out and I emailed them last time and they said they weren't getting any more stock in. I've just checked and it says "Back in Stock Soon" but I've just been able to order it for £19.99 and complete my order. Either way, it's been successful so even if it's not currently in stock yay I've got it! :D So pleased :D When I missed out the first times I was seriously considering forking out £50 for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray Wise at the San Diego comic-con confirmed there are 18 new episodes of Twin Peaks in the can.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray Wise at the San Diego comic-con confirmed there are 18 new episodes of Twin Peaks in the can.

Showtime and David Lynch confirmed that ages ago. Even been mentioned on this very thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Showtime and David Lynch confirmed that ages ago. Even been mentioned on this very thread.

Wise also stated that he is in all 18 of the episodes, which is curious given his character is dead. Many black lodge scenes ahead?