The Michael Sophocles Appreciation Thread

CLARKSONIOUSCLARKSONIOUS Posts: 478
Forum Member
Don't all rush... :D:D:D

Comments

• Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    This may be the smallest thread ever! I prefer the other one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is going to milk his hopefully short lived notoriety for as much money/publicity as he can get from it but he knows he has a USP and despite having very little business talent whatsoever he will be remembered long after we've forgotten many of the others.

I bet when Series 5 starts and people say who do you remember from last year it will be Michael, Raef and Lucinda who people name first - even above the person who eventually wins.
  • Options
    2LO2LO Posts: 1,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I'll start. (I admit I do prefer to look for the good in people than dwell on the bad).

I thought he aquitted himself pretty well on "you're Fired" last night.

For three reasons:

1) No whining
    2) No attempt whatsoever to shift the blame
    3) Honestly admitted his faults (I knw that was his speciality but the situation was slightly different here)

And the big one

4) The sheer courage to go on the programme in the first place and take all the slings and arrows with amazing good grace and humour.

I think he was vastly overconfident, probably because he is very good at the particular niche in which he works and failed to grasp the difference between playing the game and being an odious tw*t. (Something where I must admit to being very unclear about where the dividing line lies).

Even Margret said there was hope for him.

If he makes the best use of this experience he can still turn his life around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is more hopeless than a man nailed to the floor of the M1 with a lory coming at 100mph
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Yes, he has a unique USP, thats for sure!

Its...
    He's only been working for a year

Apart from that, he's simply horrendous!

A brilliant salesman? Pestering some poor bloke, walking him to his meeting? OMG that was simply awful. I'd have called his boss / the police! We saw him trying to sell at the wedding fair - just dreadful. A cheap salesman, of the 1950s door to door type. No use to anybody at all. Sorry Michael, you're FIRED!