Archos AV500 Help

Hey peeps!!!

I bought this in the end! Well iv had a few problems with it and im kinda wondering if i should take this back and get a 3rd (YES 3rd) Replacement!

1st off one of the pixals were dead and it bugged me so got it replaced. This was on 2 modles i got.

Now the problem i have is I cant connect the Archos to the Sat/TV!
I was able to do it at my mums but when i got home to do it it wouldnt work. I did notice the second time i tried to connect it to my sisters TV it wouldnt work there either but managed fine the privous nite. I no how to connect the leads ok im just wondering if its a fault in the product.
I had a firmware update and that hasnt help. Can anyone help??

Comments

• rich_jtgrich_jtg Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd probably get a better response in the Home entertainment forum. :)

By 'can't connect' what do you mean? can't get a signal through the tv? can't get a signal to the Archos? How's everything connected up?
  • musicmadnessashmusicmadnessash Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Erm i connect it to the Pod! and there is no picture going into my TV. When i try and run sky through my Archos it says no imput signel. But at the back of the sky box the two Audio Jacks, i plugged the audio leads that run to the archos into there and i could hear sound on the archos. But thats no good without video

thanks for your reply
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Erm i connect it to the Pod! and there is no picture going into my TV. When i try and run sky through my Archos it says no imput signel. But at the back of the sky box the two Audio Jacks, i plugged the audio leads that run to the archos into there and i could hear sound on the archos. But thats no good without video

thanks for your reply

You need to have the power supply connected for video signals to be passed through the pod. Audio works without it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    you also need to press the little black button on the top left of the player which gets the video picture on the tv/archos player. i made the same mistake and sent three players back until i ralised . doh! :o