Jennifer Love Hewitt joining X Factor USA?

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
Surely the most bizarre rumour to be churned out of the mill, but sources at US Weekly are saying Simon Cowell is "very interested" in signing Hollywood actress Jennifer Love Hewitt as a judge on the US version of X Factor.

Producers on the show said the rumours were "speculation", but Love-Hewitt has released four albums
(something I didn't realise, actually)

So.. what do you think? Would this Hollywood actress make a good judge or do you want somebody with more musical might.

Apparently Kelly Rowland is almost certainly a lock-in, so unless there's gonna be 3 girls and 1 guy (a reverse of the Voice), I can't see Love-Hewitt being true. Other name I've seen mentioned is country legend Reba McEntire.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2314790/X-Factor-USA-Jennifer-Love-Hewitt-lined-judge-season-U-S-show.html

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does do music or did, but I don't know if she ever had any real success, so she isn't completely removed from the music world, though I don't think she is qualified if she hasn't had any actual success with her music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    She only had two singles chart in the US, and only one made the Top 100. I doubt it.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Not a chance this happens. I wouldn't be surprised if X Factor sources are just feeding a bunch of random names out at the moment to try and make it a surprise when Kelly Rowland and (insert generic male artist here - I'm going Neyo) are announced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    If TXFUSA were a little bit more modest and not this -huge show that need the biggest stars ever-, it would be a very good idea. She is an actress and that would make good moments, she is good looking, and has some music experience. But the show already had Britney and didnt work, so any minor star will be desappointing.
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Love sings Nancy Sinatra early 2000s tv series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_80ccYCzNw
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowland better get that job!
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pingu222 wrote: »
    Not a chance this happens. I wouldn't be surprised if X Factor sources are just feeding a bunch of random names out at the moment to try and make it a surprise when Kelly Rowland and (insert generic male artist here - I'm going Neyo) are announced.

Why is that so unthinkable? She's one of the most underated talents in the US. She's done nancy sinatra and Simon loves all things Sinatra. I think she's the best name so far.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Bax1999 wrote: »
    If TXFUSA were a little bit more modest and not this -huge show that need the biggest stars ever-, it would be a very good idea. She is an actress and that would make good moments, she is good looking, and has some music experience. But the show already had Britney and didnt work, so any minor star will be desappointing.

They don't need big stars, they need big personalities. One of the reasons last season was so bad was that Britney had almost no onscreen personality. She had nothing to contribute. And it was incredibly awkward when she spoke. They need judges who will make the crowd cheer/boo, have chemistry with the other judges and offer valuable opinions. Britney had none of those qualities.
  • Charlie_RyanCharlie_Ryan Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I really hate advertising but if you have time could you go to the strictly forum games and look at the strictly experience season 1 thanks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Jennifer's more used to being a music video girl than singing her own hits. Unusual rumour.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Jennifer's more used to being a music video girl than singing her own hits. Unusual rumour.

Actually she's similar to Dannii. She was a child performer on kids corporated. Same show also had Martika & Fergie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    Actually she's similar to Dannii. She was a child performer on kids corporated. Same show also had Martika & Fergie.

Oh, well, there's been worse judges on there, maybe she's being considered for hosting as well.