The 2014 PDC Darts Thread

Comments

• Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reminder to anyone who wants to play the World champs prediction game the thread is here:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1918035

Tournament kicks off tomorrow night with a real decent looking night of arras.

John Part v Mareno Michels
    Rob Szabo v Ian Moss (P)
    Peter Wright v Joe Cullen
    Phil Taylor v Szabo/Moss
    Richie Burnett v Dean Winstanley

Compared to some first round sessions that's a good one! Should be at least 2 reasonably competitive encounters. Shame it's my works Christmas do tomorrow so I'm out!
  • The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Reminder to anyone who wants to play the World champs prediction game the thread is here:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1918035

Tournament kicks off tomorrow night with a real decent looking night of arras.

John Part v Mareno Michels
    Rob Szabo v Ian Moss (P)
    Peter Wright v Joe Cullen
    Phil Taylor v Szabo/Moss
    Richie Burnett v Dean Winstanley

Compared to some first round sessions that's a good one! Should be at least 2 reasonably competitive encounters. Shame it's my works Christmas do tomorrow so I'm out!

I've got the same issue on Saturday night so will miss out on some belting matches then.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It creeps up on you doesn't it. Completely forgot it started tomorrow.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Naitch wrote: »
    Just a quick note that the first HOUR of this Saturday's evening session is behind the red button.

Really disappointed with this as I'm out on Saturday night and was hoping to record the entire session. Oh well.

Its the Prelim game that is on the red button.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its the Prelim game that is on the red button.

There's no way they'll be able to drag that out over an hour. I reckon the first set of Thornton's game will be on the red button as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way they'll be able to drag that out over an hour. I reckon the first set of Thornton's game will be on the red button as well.

Well the matches have been switched at Sky's request. By time they do the intro to the show etc, then the first game wont start until 715 ish. Maybe a set of the Thornton V Hopp game will be red button but at least they had sense to ask to swap matches around.

One of those rare instances where 5 live sporting events are on at once and only 4 channels
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the matches have been switched at Sky's request. By time they do the intro to the show etc, then the first game wont start until 715 ish. Maybe a set of the Thornton V Hopp game will be red button but at least they had sense to ask to swap matches around.

One of those rare instances where 5 live sporting events are on at once and only 4 channels

Yep, just unfortunate that it's happened on this weekend.
    Forum Member
    Was watching SSN earlier and now even the walkon girls get an interview
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Was watching SSN earlier and now even the walkon girls get an interview
    Well they've got to do something to boost the intelligence quota ahead of a fortnight of Chizzy post-match bon mots :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, if that opening package doesn't get you up for this then nothing will! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd show a %age of intended target hit stat....y'know like they do for the doubles but extend it for every shot. It'd be a better barometer of excellence than the three dart average which can be false sometimes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely 136 from Michels which seemed to unsettle Part a little bit but Part holds to win the first set of the Championships.
    Forum Member
    Lovely 136 from Michels which seemed to unsettle Part a little bit but Part holds to win the first set of the Championships.
    First time i've seen him play. Seems like a nifty little player.
    Unlucky to come up against Part, who although is not as good as he was and possibly hindered by glasses, can still be a class act and is very used to the big stage, lights, crowd etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    First time i've seen him play. Seems like a nifty little player.
    Unlucky to come up against Part, who although is not as good as he was and possibly hindered by glasses, can still be a class act and is very used to the big stage, lights, crowd etc.

This is his PDC Worlds debut. He was in two BDO worlds in the 00's but got beat first round both times. But he has won a few tournaments in his time so no mug.

Think this year could be the year with least amount of commentators

Studd, Pyke and Pearson plus Mardle, Harrington and Eric ( probably Part too ). First time there isn't either Sid, John Gwynne or Dave Lanning at the worlds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Part has big leggy....2-0 it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Part has big leggy....2-0 it is.

Hey cease Fanta TC ( ouch :D )
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Hey cease Fanta TC ( ouch :D )

A Shiny Shiny example of the culture of Hull :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the second time he's missed the big 20. Nervy times for Part up there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    A Shiny Shiny example of the culture of Hull :p

Oh very good :cool:
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only an hour in and the idiots already singing the boring tables chant:yawn:
    Forum Member
    That's the second time he's missed the big 20. Nervy times for Part up there.
    Aye, the glasses do seem to be making him miss several singles and he's having double problems again.

Still, done well to get 2 legs back and now going for the match.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5th set coming up...
    Forum Member
    120 checkout from Michels to level the match :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was far too close for comfort as far as Part is concerned.

Should have seen that one out 3-0. A win's a win, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who had Borg and McEnroe in the name drop sweepstake? :p