Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,386
    Forum Member
    Victoria Plum >:( - Sorry but who the hell has bathrooms twice the size of thier living room??
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The toothpaste ad with the "real" condescending dentists trying to tell us they recommend their crappy toothpaste.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I've just been bored by what felt like a 10 minute ad for STV Glasgow.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    The EE adverts with Kevin Bacon.

Kill me now!
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnosss wrote: »
    That idiot who advertised the Last Fan Standing nonsense on E4 is at it again, going on about some 4Music web crap so you can be like him and that "internet stardom awaits".

I think his name is Will something?
    If I'm not mistaken, he was previously a presenter on Viva. Now he must have switched to 4Music.
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert for the new Citroen C1 in which some idiotic guy drives into an empty car park and parks in the middle of the only other two cars. He then proceeds to squeeze out of the car (the space is so tiny the door can barely open) with a smug look on his face. His new car would no doubt end up scratched by one of the other cars owners who probably wouldn't be so cautious when opening their door.

The Toyota Aygo advert featuring the "internet prankster" is similarly annoying and as the Aygo/C1 are a joint venture by Toyota and Citroen the same idiot probably came up with both adverts!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Another car one. Mazda.

Starts off with some artist telling us that he can't use a pen/brush anymore because of some illness so does different types of art

and then goes into a car advert????
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Just For. Men.

At the bottom of the screen, it comes up about '85% of 402 men' etc etc - which means less than 20% out of 100 - so, not many at all.
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Nokia Lumia advert with the guy who says 'honestly' and then goes on to talk about his business.

Shame the range of apps for Windows Phones is so poor! Can't believe anyone would use it for a business. Nice interface but that is about it.
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just For. Men.

At the bottom of the screen, it comes up about '85% of 402 men' etc etc - which means less than 20% out of 100 - so, not many at all.

No, it isn't. That works out at 341 out of 402 men.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Dr Beckman washing machine cleaner voice the same as the creepy Legion character from Red Dwarf ? The one who absorbs their minds.
    As that's all I think about when its on.
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The VistaPrint one where the driving school owner is talking about the wonderfully professional business cards he's had printed.

"If you're handing over a scrap of paper they're gonna get a scrappy service...".

Are they? Really?
    The quality of driving lesson you give depends on whether or not you have a business card to give the learner?

I know what he means, but what he actually says I just stupid.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    I'm almost certain the Maltesers advert with the straw is ten years old.

I don't remember seeing it before this current run? but the girl does seem very sucky.
  • Options
    middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Anya D wrote: »
    The VistaPrint one where the driving school owner is talking about the wonderfully professional business cards he's had printed.

"If you're handing over a scrap of paper they're gonna get a scrappy service..."..

And why would he be handing over a business card rather than an appointment card :confused:
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MK184 wrote: »
    I think his name is Will something?
    If I'm not mistaken, he was previously a presenter on Viva. Now he must have switched to 4Music.

Will Best is his name I believe he also does the voiceover on UK Top 40 on their network
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    If not more!

Found a youtube link saying 6 years ago (not sure but probably right) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnaLG9CMWWc as the recent update of ad was the music of BGT in background and music now is something "classical" and I noted not just in this ad but other ads they are no longer displaying the year ... possibly they have been rumbled? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    midds wrote: »
    And why would he be handing over a business card rather than an appointment card :confused:

Exactly!
    The man, while I am sure is probably pleasant, is an absolute fool.

I also can't stand the Vanish Tip Exchange.
    Surely these tips are all interchangeable. Making a paste from water and powdered Vanish is surely not that different to using liquid Vanish.
    I refuse to believe it's so.

Those little tweet-like responses that pop up on screen are brainless too.
    "Rub Vanish on the stain...", then up pops a little response, "great, I'll try that...", as if the person thought, "I've bought some Vanish, I'll go to their website to see what I do now."

Basically the tips are just "use Vanish". Whatever way you use it it'll probably work.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just For. Men.

I don't think you understand percentages...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think you understand percentages...

So, I got it wrong, it's still a crap advert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, I got it wrong, it's still a crap advert.
    Dave Gorman did a bit on his series on Dave about the small sample size some of those companies use to bolster their claims that their product is fantastic.

I can't remember the figures exactly, but one was something like "45% of 30 users agree...".
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lenor Un-stoppable - American woman who looks like she should be on one of those 'Real Housewives Of....' documentary series, telling us about these Lenor pellet things that you put in your washer, whilst emptying half a bottle of the things into said washer! She then ends the ad by telling us that we're Un-stinkable!
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Lenor Un-stoppable - American woman who looks like she should be on one of those 'Real Housewives Of....' documentary series, telling us about these Lenor pellet things that you put in your washer, whilst emptying half a bottle of the things into said washer! She then ends the ad by telling us that we're Un-stinkable!

Yeah that's annoying! I got a free sample off them in the post though yesterday, any good? :blush::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anya D wrote: »
    Dave Gorman did a bit on his series on Dave about the small sample size some of those companies use to bolster their claims that their product is fantastic.

I can't remember the figures exactly, but one was something like "45% of 30 users agree...".

Yes, thanks - that's what I was trying to get at, the odd amounts used to try to trick our eyes.
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone seen the Co-Operative Insurance advert where the girl is in the passenger seat with the cab driver? He looks kind of creepy.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    Found a youtube link saying 6 years ago (not sure but probably right) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnaLG9CMWWc as the recent update of ad was the music of BGT in background and music now is something "classical" and I noted not just in this ad but other ads they are no longer displaying the year ... possibly they have been rumbled? :D

Apparently, the advert is from 2000 :o

http://www.advertolog.com/maltesers/adverts/feed-me-1999255/
This discussion has been closed.