Spoilers from the blind auditions

scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I went to the first recording of the blind auditions. Some class acts, some not so good. If you go to any recordings please post news. As ever, more people turned up than there were seats for. About 100 were turned away.

There's a new logo. Some changes to the set and a nice laser show.

In the first recording about 20 acts were heard.

Will chose an amazing young blond rapper girl, think Nicki Minaj but British. A real stunner , he was completely over the moon. He now has 2 people from the first recording. You can tell he's going for quality, he turned the least.

Ricky has picked a young 23 year old songwriter turned singer with an amazing voice from Bath, now living in London. She sang her own song, which she mentioned had charted under someone elses name. Her name is something like Hannah simon, though I may have mixed that up. A potential winner in my opinion. . She was the only one who everyone turned for. She was leagues ahead of the others. Ricky has 3 girls already with 9 shows still to record. He said he'd got too trigger happy.

Rita seemed to pick up lots but nothing special in my opinion - way too trigger happy, often only she turned. Rita had a crack commando team of 4 make up and hair assistants constantly hanging around her trying to keep her spectacular hairstyle stopping from moving. I overheard a couple of them saying it was a nightmare trying to keep the style up. I struggle to see it lasting 9 more recordings. Rita turned the most but struggled to win over the real class acts. She seems to be going for popular style over quality voice.

Tom picked a 16 year old girl with a beautiful unique voice from shepherd's bush. She seemed far older.

In other news, Black Lace made an appearance , and had the whole audience and Ricky singing Agadoo. Bruce Jones (ex Coronation st) seemed to be supporting this act.

Comments

• margaritamargarita Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Thank you for sharing this.
    I'm very impatient, so i always want to know all the spoilers :D
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing! :)
  • hobheyhobhey Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Glad you enjoyed the show, I left at ten past 4 as I had given up the will to live!!! Rita Ora and her repeated makeup put on (yawn). Some very dire acts (do we mention barbie girl?) and the fact that the judges couldn't bring themselves to be in the slightest bit critical, even though they hadn't turned around. I was very disappointed with the standard of acts!
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Barbie girl was clearly there for everything other than musical ability. Amusing back story nevertheless.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time did you arrive for the previous days? I've been each year so far and always arrived extremely early, but last year got rubbish seats behind people who arrived really late!

I'm going tomorrow morning and can't decide what time to get there. Any advice please? Are the queues as long this year?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    What time did you arrive for the previous days? I've been each year so far and always arrived extremely early, but last year got rubbish seats behind people who arrived really late!

I'm going tomorrow morning and can't decide what time to get there. Any advice please? Are the queues as long this year?

The way they filled the studio for my session you need to be there really early for the good seats which were filled first with lots of mostly priority wristbands friends family etc.I got there sometime between 10:30 - 11. I got last of bad seats.

If they fill it the same way you need to be at the front of the eticket queue - under number 50 I'd say to get a good seat. I was number 118.

Don't forget to post spoilers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way they filled the studio for my session you need to be there really early for the good seats which were filled first with lots of mostly priority wristbands friends family etc.I got there sometime between 10:30 - 11. I got last of bad seats.

Don't forget to post spoilers

Thank you! I normally arrive about 8:45, but tomorrow it will be nearer to 10am. I'm going on my own as my friend can't make it, so if I don't get in I'll just go home again!

Last year we were numbers 7 and 8 in the queue and got numbers in the 3000s, it didn't seem to make any difference to getting in :(
    Forum Member
    Hate to tell you this, but I was first there at 7.45 and still didn't get a good seat! Sadly the very young loud trendy girls next to me got front row seats, presumably for that reason! I do think its a really unfair system to reward the good looking young ins! The best seats went to the priority ticket holders! I was bloody freezing for 4 hours till i got a seat, no rewards for being first in the queue sadly (or being older!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hobhey wrote: »
    Hate to tell you this, but I was first there at 7.45 and still didn't get a good seat! Sadly the very young loud trendy girls next to me got front row seats, presumably for that reason! I do think its a really unfair system to reward the good looking young ins! The best seats went to the priority ticket holders! I was bloody freezing for 4 hours till i got a seat, no rewards for being first in the queue sadly (or being older!)

Yeah they are definitely putting the trendy lookers to the front

In my opinion though the best seats are high up behind the judges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's always been my objection too. Last year our seats were awful, and we were sat in front of a college group who talked and laughed through the whole show. I'll give it one more try this year, turning up a bit later, and see how I go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's always been my objection too. Last year our seats were awful, and we were sat in front of a college group who talked and laughed through the whole show. I'll give it one more try this year, turning up a bit later, and see how I go

Bear in mind there will be people with priorty tickets who got turned away Tuesday and today.
    Forum Member
    You are right Scoobie, the purple priority people got the seats behind the judges chairs. What time did you get away? I left at ten past four as I said, just lost patience with the judges being soooo nice and Rita sounding exactly like Jessie J !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bear in mind there will be people with priorty tickets who got turned away Tuesday and today.

I'm actually wondering whether to bother or not?
    Forum Member
    I would say its still worth a shot Gilly, There was only about 30 people in queue at ten o'clock, then got busy. But those mid queue got much better seats than I did (sat there from 7.45). So worth a punt xx Let us know how u go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just checked I arrived at 10:30 exactly. Wristband 118 of the normal tickets (yellow wristbands). I would guess thinking about it again there were between 100-150 people behind me who got in. None of those got great seats IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right Scoobie, the purple priority people got the seats behind the judges chairs. What time did you get away? I left at ten past four as I said, just lost patience with the judges being soooo nice and Rita sounding exactly like Jessie J !!

I stayed to the end about 6pm. Bear in mind it was the first recording so it was still a practice session.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say its still worth a shot Gilly, There was only about 30 people in queue at ten o'clock, then got busy. But those mid queue got much better seats than I did (sat there from 7.45). So worth a punt xx Let us know how u go!

Thank you! I'll give it a go (after the trams get cheaper at 9:30!) and if I don't get in I'll go to the Lowry Outlet for a look :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually wondering whether to bother or not?

That's what I was thinking but I was glad I went in the end, it was better than I expected. Top Tip - take some snacks and hide them as you'll get peckish

Also, something I wish I'd done, take a pen and paper to write down the name of anyone who is really good to put on here for people to watch out for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Hi Scoobie,
    I have a friend who is a contestant in the last session on Saturday. You said you were there for the first session which was I presume 12pm. You said you didn't leave until 6pm. Was there another session afterwards? How many acts did they actually see in your session and were any really good acts turned away? We are just concerned that there will be no coaches places left by Saturday evening which will be recording 8. Do you know how many were put through in the session after yours? Also, anyone else going to any of the recording would be good to know how many acts they are putting through. Thanks for your spoiler by the way. Lily
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Lloyd wrote: »
    Hi Scoobie,
    I have a friend who is a contestant in the last session on Saturday. You said you were there for the first session which was I presume 12pm. You said you didn't leave until 6pm. Was there another session afterwards? How many acts did they actually see in your session and were any really good acts turned away? We are just concerned that there will be no coaches places left by Saturday evening which will be recording 8. Do you know how many were put through in the session after yours? Also, anyone else going to any of the recording would be good to know how many acts they are putting through. Thanks for your spoiler by the way. Lily

I went to the last set of blind auditions 2 years ago. There were only 3 places left at that stage, so most people were rejected. I know there was a big hoohah last year with people not even getting to sing as all the places were taken, so maybe they will have done something different this year?

I'm just leaving the house to go to this morning's auditions, so if I get in (!) I'll let you know later :)
    Forum Member
    Hi Scoobie,
    Forum Member
    Hi Gilly, fingers crossed you get in. Please feed back if you could. Would be good to know how many artists perform per session and how many they put through and basically the standard of the talent. Thanks Lily x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Scoobie,

About 10 acts went through in the first session! Given there are 9 other sessions (one in the afternoon, one in the evening), that would be 100 acts at that run rate, when there are only 48 places. The problem was caused by Rita and Ricky being too trigger happy. I didn't count the acts but there may have been as many as 30 acts heard in my session, it was very long (longer than any other recording session I've been to)
    [Correction , later found out there are 7 more sessions, not 9 so the run rate would equal 80 acts going through]

All the above assumes they hear the same number of acts per session, which of course we can't be certain about. I suspect it varies.

Like Gillypanda I went to one of the later sessions last year and can confirm that it became more difficult as time went on as the places started to fill up.

Having said all that I expect that the producers will give guidance to them about spreading it out across the sessions. Ricky is definately aware of the issue anyway because he admitted he was too trigger happy. Only Tom and Will are playing it cool and really listening out for talent IMO. Will rarely turned, same was true last year. I suspect will knows that if he turns he may very well be picked so he needs to be careful. For your friend , it will mean that Tom and Will will most likely still have some places left. So far Rita has the weakest team IMO.
    Forum Member
    Hi there scoobie, they have two sessions a day. The first 2 sessions were Tuesday, another 2 Wednesday, another two today. They then have tomorrow off and come back Saturday for another two session so there are 8 sessions in total but still too many acts gone through in just one session! Would you say that the talent that went through was exceptional? Mixture of boys and girls? Hopefully the producers will have had a word with Ricky and Rita and told them to hold out for longer. My friend is amazing and so deserves to go through. Just disappointing that she is in the last session as less chance of being picked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there scoobie, they have two sessions a day. The first 2 sessions were Tuesday, another 2 Wednesday, another two today. They then have tomorrow off and come back Saturday for another two session so there are 8 sessions in total but still too many acts gone through in just one session! Would you say that the talent that went through was exceptional? Mixture of boys and girls? Hopefully the producers will have had a word with Ricky and Rita and told them to hold out for longer. My friend is amazing and so deserves to go through. Just disappointing that she is in the last session as less chance of being picked.

Ah I didn't realise they had a day off. That makes it seem more reasonable.
    I would say there is only one standout exceptional performer in the session I was in , and she went into Ricky's team. I would say easily semi final, maybe finals material. As good as previous years. You could hear it straight away, Will and ricky turned immediately which Will rarely ever does.

Then there were a couple of people who were runners up, very good , not exceptional- one in Will's team, one in Tom's.

Do let us know how it goes.

You haven't got any spare friends and family seats have you;-) ? If so please email me I'd love to go again!

I didn't notice the mix of boys and girls, maybe girls slightly edging it. Certainly Ricky only won girls.