In Support Of Chloe Madeley

Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just wanted to say that I really feel for CM.

Here is a girl who has reinvented herself as a keep-fit guru, She promotes healthy eating, keeping fit and maintaining a positive state of mind. She is very, very successful at her chosen subject - her body proves this, as does her ability to shun the naysayers. At least I hope she shuns the naysayers.

I know that in the past she has resorted to being the offspring of famous parents, there is no doubt she traded on that - I even used to have something to say about it, most of it not pleasant. But things have changed, she has worked hard to have a career of her own undertaking. She is extremely talented at her chosen path and surely that should be recognised? She also comes across as a very nice person.

So she partakes in photoshoots, she takes selfies to use on her Instagram account for promoting herself and her business, which the Daily Mail use as a stick to beat her with - she, I doubt, asks them to copy her posts, they just do. She is entitled to have an Instagram account and may use it in any way she wishes.

The reason I have made this post is to show my disgust with the DM. I have posted many positive comments regarding Chloe Madeley. I posted one today - none of them are ever allowed. All my positive comments have been ignored and only the negative from others are shown.

I just wanted her to know that it is obvious that kind, positive comments are blocked on the DM website and the negative only are allowed. Chloe, you probably have many supportive comments submitted to the rag that is the DM. I hope you realise this? They are just not printed.

So, if you are CM or know her please let her know that the DM undoubtedly makes things tough for her - all for the sake of click bait. Well done DM. I hope her spirit is strong enough not to let you crush her.

Good luck, Chloe!

Comments

• Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Richard
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Hi Richard

How astoundingly original. :D:D
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How astoundingly original. :D:D

Sometimes that is what is required.
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long until they release father/daughter pictures with Dickie showing off his bulging biceps?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP. She has grown up and is carving her own path.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, I have to disagree.

Yes, absolutely fair play to her for her keep fit career and for sustaining a ripped physique. But I don't see why she feels the need to air every fart in the media. I think she's a shameless self publicist - and there's nothing wrong with that. But don't try and sugar coat your shameless narcissism - admit and embrace it.

She's someone who documents her every waking move on Instagram - entirely her prerogative. But much like the TOWIE lots if anyone dares criticise her she flounces and calls them 'haters'. I'm not talking about people sending vile abuse - there's no excuse for that - but people might comment that she's overdone it or that she's promoting an unhealthy body image - perfectly valid points - and she has a tantrum.

For what it's worth, I don't think she's particularly healthy or an aspirational role model. She's TOO fixated on every lump and bump and regularly admits to food 'binges'. Someone like Davina is far healthier IMVHO.

As for her cervical cancer campaigning by posing in her knickers - please.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only reason she has become a "health guru" is to show-off her body on instagram and get attention from lads mags and the Daily Mail.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chloe is someone who is famous for her parents. She doesn't have a talent and the few occasions she tried her hand at TV presenting she was woeful. However, I have seen her on a few reality TV shows and she comes across as very nice.

Its just a shame that she seems to think that self promotion is the be all and end all. Why ? Just because your parents are famous doesn't mean you have to be.

To be honest I'm bored of reading the Mail Online and seeing her posing scantily clad.

If she wants to be a fitness guru then go for it. I wish you luck. But why does she try and straddle both worlds trying to be something she isn't.
  • Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her.

Well - I actually like her fitness. For the past two years, my new 'thing' is fitness (turning 40 really gets you into a health kick), so I admire all who have transformed their bodies through exercise. Any tips are appreciated.

Although I don't have instagram, I do know that all the fitspo stars out there do the same thing - pics of their bodies, workouts, food, etc...Chloe only gets picked up by the DM because of her parents. I don't know how many followers she has but the goal is to get more followers.

For example, on the current cover of Women's Health is a relative unknown (I've never heard of her!) who also posts her 'fit life' on instagram. These people are 'stars', judged by the amount of followers they have. It's what people do nowadays and Chloe does the same.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caligula75 wrote: »
    (turning 40 really gets you into a health kick).

It made me drink more wine :D:o
  • tszujmetszujme Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she have a real job in fitness (ie employed as a personal trainer by an actual gym), or is her 'job' posting selfies and flogging herself press/reality TV?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she can make money from doing whatever she does, good for her.
  • Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    It made me drink more wine :D:o

Yes, but now I sweat out the toxins more regularly ;-)
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caligula75 wrote: »
    I like her.

Well - I actually like her fitness. For the past two years, my new 'thing' is fitness (turning 40 really gets you into a health kick), so I admire all who have transformed their bodies through exercise. Any tips are appreciated.

Although I don't have instagram, I do know that all the fitspo stars out there do the same thing - pics of their bodies, workouts, food, etc...Chloe only gets picked up by the DM because of her parents. I don't know how many followers she has but the goal is to get more followers.

For example, on the current cover of Women's Health is a relative unknown (I've never heard of her!) who also posts her 'fit life' on instagram. These people are 'stars', judged by the amount of followers they have. It's what people do nowadays and Chloe does the same.

I admire her because I know how hard she must work to get that physique. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea but she doesn't deserve the abuse she gets.
  • TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is one lucky b getting to do James Haskell every night and day.