Paul Daniels

Comments

• Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well Paul got his story out now...every second counts y'know...or his career could've ended in wipeout...
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Do you want to have sex? Say 'Yes, Paul' ..."
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she like it? Not a lot.......
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what was more exciting, as you imply, about the era that followed them?

Affordable foreign travel, greater access to higher education (generally involving leaving home), equal opportunities leading to higher disposable income for women, post-industrialisation also encouraged more mobility and opportunity.
    Of course all these things didn't just happen on Jan 1st 1980 but the contrast between life expectations at the end of the '60s and now is quite marked imho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she was sawn in half at the time, and couldn't run away. It's pretty much the only logical explanation.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He now admits that all of his g/fs may not have been over 16!

Full details to follow in Monday's Daily Mail

Could NEVER stand the obnoxious unfunny creep! :mad:
    did you read the article that you have even posted??
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So nobody has bothered to understand the context of his blog post seemingly, some of the insults to him are quite disturbing.
    If he had done anything illegal would he blog about it ?Jeez.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I think this blog is very informative, telling about Daniels paedo brother and so on

http://www.ccs-rochford.co.uk/spivey/?p=8057

paedophilia isn't hereditary ...whatever other members of his family have done doesn't mean he's guilty of it too

sleeping with WILLING groupies who you understand to be over the age of consent is very different to some of the genuine abuse that's being investigated
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    paedophilia isn't hereditary ...whatever other members of his family have done doesn't mean he's guilty of it too

sleeping with WILLING groupies who you understand to be over the age of consent is very different to some of the genuine abuse that's being investigated

^^ This.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    So nobody has bothered to understand the context of his blog post seemingly, some of the insults to him are quite disturbing.

Comes with the territory when Paul Daniels is mentioned.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Paul has committed a sex offence, I'll want him toupé his debt to society.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, the thread can finish on that pun...
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He didn't sleep with her nor did his brother sleep with the girl mentioned in that article. The difference is his brother would have probably raped her even knowing her age. Daniels stopped things going further as soon as he knew her age. Its very telling how mud sticks regarding him being related to a paedo and why he felt the need to make this statement on his blog, it just wreaks of a man that wanted to get his story across before the girl comes forward because of his brother. I doubt she will even come forward so he didn't really need to write it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The difference is his brother would have probably raped her even knowing her age.

oh dear .... how can you possibly know that?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/154147/.html

his brother's conviction had nothing to do with rape or sleeping with an under aged girl so you should be careful what you're saying/accusing people of
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did PD decide to 'share' his exploits as an insurance policy against 'Paedogeddon', or, was he just having a bit of a retrospective boast? Either way, bleeeee :eek: :(
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Paul has committed a sex offence, I'll want him toupé his debt to society.:o

:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear .... how can you possibly know that?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/154147/.html

his brother's conviction had nothing to do with rape or sleeping with an under aged girl so you should be careful what you're saying/accusing people of

Because it says that the girl escaped, so oh dear that's what I assume. If it was just a kiss and it went no further then there would be no reason to use the word escape
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it says that the girl escaped, so oh dear that's what I assume. If it was just a kiss and it went no further then there would be no reason to use the word escape

seriously?

escaped doesn't have to be from being raped .... you can escape from being pinned against a door and unwillingly kissed too you know
    Prosecutor Andrew Wilkins told magistrates: “He grabbed the girl, pushed her against the door and kissed her on the lips but she escaped from him

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/154147/.html#ixzz2G0fKqQl0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seriously?

escaped doesn't have to be from being raped .... you can escape from being pinned against a door and unwillingly kissed too you know

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/154147/.html#ixzz2G0fKqQl0

That's true but it still sounds pretty bad for the girl involved, maybe he didn't plan to grope or rape her then.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just goes to show that there are some absolutely sick, vile creatures out there..... who would actually want to be a groupie to Paul Daniels?

Proof that virtually any celebrity could pull back then, no matter how aesthetically "challenged" they were.

Then again these celebs never actually reveal if the groupies were attractive or not. Maybe they'd be the type of girl you or I would turn down, even without being a celeb.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I wonder if this was the guy Vanessa Feltz was talking about gropping her.

Then again, why would she agree to do a Wife Swap with him if it were the case.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    If he had done anything illegal would he blog about it ?Jeez.

Sir Jimmy did, not in a blog but in his bloody autobiography!

Savile himself wrote – astonishingly – in his 1974 autobiography about an incident in which, at the request of the authorities, he located an “attractive girl” who had run away from a remand home, and slept with her as his “reward” before returning her to “the lady of the law” who “was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me”. What on earth did the latter part mean? I don’t know, but it doesn’t sound good.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/9591157/Jimmy-Savile-hid-in-the-dazzle-of-limelight.html

Then he admitted to doing anyone he could in his caravan on Have I Got News For You.

As Graham Linehan said, he created a smokescreen comprised of the truth.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if this was the guy Vanessa Feltz was talking about gropping her.

Then again, why would she agree to do a Wife Swap with him if it were the case.

If you mean Paul daniels I doubt it from the article she wrote, it certainly doesnt sound like him.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/351029/Vanessa-Feltz
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrcynical wrote: »
    Perhaps she was sawn in half at the time, and couldn't run away. It's pretty much the only logical explanation.

Hee hee:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage wrote: »
    I think what concerned me more of this article was that he admits she was drunk, then says once he finds out she is only a school kid, he puts her out on the street at night and drives off, with his lights off and leaves her. I can see why he did this, but I can't help think how much worse this could have turned out - drunk young girl alone

Please read what was written in the Guardian article:

"*******When he dropped her off****** "I kissed her goodnight and it got a bit more passionate. Thank God it didn't get TOO passionate because something she said sent a shiver down my spine..... Another question and she said she was still at school. I had her out of the car as fast as I could and I drove off with the lights off so she couldn't see my number plate!""

He had got to tyhe place where she wanted to get dropped off...he gave her a goodnight kiss.

He DID NOT just randomly drop her off.

And people wonder why false allegations are made on hearsay towards people when people can't even read an article properly.