what would your dream schedule be for Christmas day?

2»

Comments

• Bracey fanBracey fan Posts: 1,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys. who actually watches tv at christmas? everyone these days now the christmas spark has gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    It was it was on the news. David quit after a dimsal percentage of tv viewers tuned in for the christmas ep. it was the lowest the show had seen and one of the lowest bbc 1 saw that night.

That's pathetic - where do you get this information. The last episode of Only Fools in 2003 was watched by 16.4 million viewers (an audience share of 65%) peaking at 22 million for the last 15 minutes. It was the highest rated show for that Christmas. The 2003 special also won a BAFTA.

It is far from the lowest rating the show has seen - The lowest Only Fools rating was back during the first series in 1981 with 6.1 million.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    That's pathetic - where do you get this information. The last episode of Only Fools in 2003 was watched by 16.4 million viewers (an audience share of 65%) peaking at 22 million for the last 15 minutes. It was the highest rated show for that Christmas. The 2003 special also won a BAFTA.

It is far from the lowest rating the show has seen - The lowest Only Fools rating was back during the first series in 1981 with 6.1 million

even so, are you gonna argue with a mitchell? ;)
  • blackglovesblackgloves Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy Christmas, i with my family love it, in the morning opening presents ect, then in afternoon doing dinner, it ready just in time for the Queen , which i do watch- its only 10mins!
    Then spend the rest of the day in front of tv. I do feel that the good old entertainment shows have gone from primetime, but i guess it depends on what people want.
  • AfterTodayAfterToday Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha 10% what rubbish!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be happy with the BBC showing Family Guy season one! I have only started watching from the fourth season you see :D
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24 Season 5 airing on the whole day :lol:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    extreme makeover home edition all day!!
    with the bad girls xmas special squezzed in some where
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xmas Day
    Afternoon Film, after lunch: Home Alone 1 or 2, I know they're always on every christmas but just great film too watch at christmas
    6.00 : Eastenders - Preferably with nobody dying, nothing tragic happening.
    6.30 : The Simpsons - very first episode
    7.00 : Frasier - double bill
    8.00 : Peter Kay stand up or An audience with.....preferably with a decent stand up comedian not sum1 like Kylie.
    9.00 : The Office christmas specials - back to back
    10.30 : A really crappy or rom com film too fall asleep n front of e.g. love actually
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomasp wrote:
    The last episode of Only Fools in 2003 was watched by 16.4 million viewers (an audience share of 65%) peaking at 22 million for the last 15 minutes.

Didn't know it had hit those heights towards the end of the episode - not far off the ratings high achieved by what probably should have been the final episode in the last of the 1996 trilogy. Quite surprised by that, the audience must have slumped during the episode and then all come back at the end for it to only average 16m if that number were tuned in at the end. As I recall, it wasn't a particularly funny episode, but that means a hell of a lot of people must have started surfing around.

Still, it's unlikely we'll see that level of figures for a comedy show ever again. Unless OFAH makes another "final, last-ever" comeback.... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    How about a strike of the tv unions, and there be no Television AT ALL. Just one day.
  • DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Day on Five

3.15pm : Film: Escape to victory
    5.25pm : Top 100 greatest animals (Squirrel comes top)
  • BucksmanBucksman Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC 1
    00.00 News 24
    06.00 CBBC- All the best shows (Tracy Beaker, Grange Hill, Byker Grove etc.)
    08.30 News
    09.15 House Invaders
    09.45 Escape to the country- Antarctic special
    10.25 News Update
    10.30 Christmas City Hospital
    11.30 Santa Claus the Movie
    12.35 News
    12.50 TV review of the year- Part one
    13.30 Family Movie
    15.00 The Queen
    15.15 TV review of the year- Part two
    16.00 News
    16.05 My Family Christmas special 2004
    16.45 The two ronnies sketchbook
    17.45 TV Review of the year- Part three
    18.30 Eastenders
    19.00 Dr. Who Christmas Special
    19.45 TV Review of the year- Part four
    20.30 Eastenders
    21.15 The Green Green Grass
    22.00 News
    22.10 Film
    23.50 ABFAB at christmas

BBC TWO
    Kids TV all day until
    19.00 Family Guy
    19.20 American Dad
    19.45 Family Guy
    20.05 American Dad... and so on.
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    BBC1

6:00 am Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
    7:00 am Scooby-Doo Where are You at Christmas
    7:25 am A Flintstones Christmas
    8:00 am Film : Scrooge (Alastair Sim)
    9:30 am Film : It's a Wonderful Life
    12:20 pm News
    12:30 pm The Muppet Christmas Carol
    2:00 pm Top of the Pops 2005
    3:00 pm The Queen
    3:10 pm Film : Galaxy Quest
    5:00 pm News
    5:10 pm A Christmas Pantomime : Peter Pan
    6:10 pm Film : Miracle on 34th Street (Edmund Gwen, Natalie Wood)
    7:45 pm Doctor Who
    8:45 pm Christmas TV Past (A selection of clips of the best BBC Christmas programmes over the years)
    9:45 pm Morecambe & Wise
    10:45 pm The Two Ronnies

I'm dreaming of a soap free Christmas!
  • trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a totally blank screen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh gawd....I am ordering in a pile of DVDs.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    forget the tv 4 1 day hava famley and firends around paly bord games cds or liston to the radio set be mary 2 get the taps or dvds ? tape the best steff and witch latey :)
  • trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest one of the best xmas nights i can remember is when the TV broke in the afternoon so at night we played cards instead - much more fun than boring TV, unfortunately they didn't take the hint!