Hands-up who watches TOWIE or the Newcastle thing or Chelsea crapola

vikesukvikesuk Posts: 1,092
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You must be like pigs in crapola!!!!! All your 'stars' take a turn on Ch5's "celebrity" show.

For the rest of us it is "who da fook????"

Comments

• scottishmagscottishmag Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never watched geordie shore, I used to watch TOWIE in the early days, but it comes over too contrived and set up...and scripted

I only liked watching Towie to look at how the girls did their make up and hair
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Proud to say I've never seen a second of any of them :)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do. All three.

I think you’ve made a bit of a mistake in assuming just because someone watches those shows, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re rooting for the housemates who used to be in them.
  • WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch Geordie Shore and I was warning people about Ricci before he'd even stepped foot in the house, he may appear charming but he's a bad bad drunk.
  • vikesukvikesuk Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ditto - hence "who?" My partner doesn't even buy "Hello" magasine so I'm totally lost by these 'stars'
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I would rather pluck my eyes from their sockets with a rusty pair of pliers and then serve them up to myself with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Suffice it to say, It's a no.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to watch Towie
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vikesuk wrote: »
    Ditto - hence "who?" My partner doesn't even buy "Hello" magasine so I'm totally lost by these 'stars'

I don't read any zeleb mags but kind of know who some of them are from BOTS appearances etc.

My old mother - who never watches the likes seems to know who they all are, who they've dated ..... I'm very suspicious :D
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the Chelsea one a couple of times when my daughter had it on

As far as I could tell it was about young people sitting in restaurants and such talking about 'relationships' ... not actually having relationships, just talking about them ( who fancies who, who doesn't fancy who, who want's to dump who )
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to watch TOWIE but not the past couple of series, got bored.

Used to enjoy MIC, but got bored with all the relationships crap.

Never seen Geordie Shore and probably never will.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few episodes of all of them; never watched any religiously. Haven't seen TOWIE in years. I like the Chelsea one because the people are beautiful, the clothes are beautiful, the accents are beautiful, the locations are beautiful; even the bloody coffees and cocktails are beautiful. From the little I've seen, the very opposite is true of both TOWIE and Geordie Shore. Particularly Geordie Shore - it's dismal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I want to see thick people I can go to my local town centre. So no, never seen any of them. I don't want my brain polluted by such made-up garbage. Having said that, I'm watching BB, which is almost as bad these days...
  • CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never wasted my time on any of them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do. All three.

I think you’ve made a bit of a mistake in assuming just because someone watches those shows, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re rooting for the housemates who used to be in them.

I was making the characterisation that anyone who enjoys these shows must have been labotomised
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't read any zeleb mags but kind of know who some of them are from BOTS appearances etc.

My old mother - who never watches the likes seems to know who they all are, who they've dated ..... I'm very suspicious :D

LOL - yer old mum must buy printed copies of the Star/Sun and read cover to cover :o;-):D
  • rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    I would rather pluck my eyes from their sockets with a rusty pair of pliers and then serve them up to myself with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Suffice it to say, It's a no.

Did you know you can buy Fava Beans in the UK now - Waitrose stock them I think. Apparently they're the oldest known bean to be grown in the British Isles. I'll give the eyeballs a miss though.

And with that 'important message' please carry on as you were..
  • crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit sad really for all the celebs the only ones i sort of recognised was Gary not by name but remember him in films and leslie from will and grace.
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a TOWIE watcher and proud of it! The Lobotomy Police missed me when I went into hiding:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toggler wrote: »
    I am a TOWIE watcher and proud of it! The Lobotomy Police missed me when I went into hiding:D

Maybe they decided you didn't need one - even more worrying
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vikesuk wrote: »
    I was making the characterisation that anyone who enjoys these shows must have been labotomised

Do you mean generalisation?

I would have thought if you were going to make unfounded (and in this case, incorrect) assumptions about the intelligence of others, ensuring you make sense yourself is a must.
  • this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't watch any of them, but i know Lauren because shes in the paper daily
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crisis3 wrote: »
    Bit sad really for all the celebs the only ones i sort of recognised was Gary not by name but remember him in films and leslie from will and grace.

Gary was a great bit-part actor as one of the 'nasties' from some ageing Hollywood movies - (IMDB if too young) - TOWIE and their ilk just get on my tits
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    scripted reality is just awful and already way past its sell-by date.
    i have tried to watch them, mainly to see what all the fuss is about.

i also do not understand why C5 keep insisting on having the characters from these shows on CBB, as they more often than not are incredibly dull and have nothing to offer outside of their scripted reality 'crapola' .

that Ricci is going to be utterly useless, clearly plonked in so he can have a showmance, most probably with that bloody lauren creature
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch the chelsea crapola, because I have class.