Options

robbie williams = overated crap

football socksfootball socks Posts: 992
Forum Member
✭✭
when he does try to write his own songs they are dreadful, rude box anyone?

i dont get him at all or why he is so loved.:confused: a boy band guy who took drugs at some point and this made him "cool":rolleyes: and sudenlly he becomes huge!

all he is, is a singer thats all, any lad on x factor could do the same.

Comments

• Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are all the Robbie fans?:confused: Oh yea, at a Take That concert.
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes me wonder why some people still believe him when he spouts on about "writing" Angels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the writer of the songs for his new album - awesome tracks (not Robbie lol)
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't this thread about 5 years too late? Rebelling against Robbie Williams when he's done nothing of note for ages seems a strange choice of topic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I was only a Robbie fan while he was in Take That he doesn't deserve the fame hes had since then I mean if it wasn't for angels he woulda been dropped from his record label. Also kinda disappointed in the way hes treated the Take That fans if it wasn't for us he'd be a nobody
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I love Robbie, he is the ultimate showman and whilst he may not write the music for some of his songs he always writes the lyrics which are fabulous. Dont care what anyone says I have loved him from day one and my opinion will never change. Go to one of his concerts and then form an opinion. He is AMAZING live. Always has been, always will be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    all he is, is a singer thats all, any lad on x factor could do the same.

So how come none of them have ?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He hasn't released any half-decent material for years.

Rudebox was hilariously bad. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbies solo career was merely cement in the crack between take that splitting and reforming.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billie-Jo wrote: »
    I love Robbie, he is the ultimate showman and whilst he may not write the music for some of his songs he always writes the lyrics which are fabulous. Dont care what anyone says I have loved him from day one and my opinion will never change. Go to one of his concerts and then form an opinion. He is AMAZING live. Always has been, always will be.

Have to agree with you there.
    He's a fantastic performer and has done many songs which I like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbies solo career was merely cement in the crack between take that splitting and reforming.
    Sadly I have to agree with you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I have to agree with you

Well look at it this way, he had a good innings and he made a lllllllot of money. I tell you what I wouldnt mind being second best to that extent.
  • Options
    plymeverton1878plymeverton1878 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That rudebox album was actually very good. Probably his best album.

But dont let reality get in the way of hate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well look at it this way, he had a good innings and he made a lllllllot of money. I tell you what I wouldnt mind being second best to that extent.
    Nah me neither. I'm sure he's not unduly bothered either:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That rudebox album was actually very good. Probably his best album.

But dont let reality get in the way of hate.
    I don't hate Robbie at all, I actually like a lot of his music, but I definitely found Rudebox hard to listen to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams is shit, of course he is.

Take That are even worse. Camp pop filtered through the predatory instincts of their manager and sold to little girls.

Junk pop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Robbie when he first went solo and was singing Rock DJ and doing duets with Kylie, he was fun then.

Not any more, theres nothing worse than his bare faced arrogance combined with incessant moaning!

Just goes to show that money cant buy you happiness, just £7million houses!
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie Williams is shit, of course he is.

Take That are even worse. Camp pop filtered through the predatory instincts of their manager and sold to little girls.

Junk pop.
    At least Gary Barlow is a decent songwriter.
    Stoke IS ovverated Rubbish.
    you could argue hes a good showman but thats about it.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billie-Jo wrote: »
    marianner wrote: »
    Have to agree with you there.
    He's a fantastic performer and has done many songs which I like.

*joins hands with Billie-jo and mariannar*

The concerts I've been to he always shows great gratitude to Take That-he openly admits he wouldn't be were he was today without them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Robbie:( Where are all his fans? So far only three people have posted in his defence.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not defending him. Just stating my opinion. he doesn't need defending.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Exactly! Come on Robbie fans! Stand up and be counted!
    We love ya Rob. xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    emma30 wrote: »
    *joins hands with Billie-jo and mariannar*

The concerts I've been to he always shows great gratitude to Take That-he openly admits he wouldn't be were he was today without them.

well why couldn't he of done the decent thing and showed up to meet them when they did the documentary instead of just doing that pathetic video. When he said he wanted to do some shows with Take That there were loads of posts on forums etc telling Take That not to let him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janet83 wrote: »
    well why couldn't he of done the decent thing and showed up to meet them when they did the documentary instead of just doing that pathetic video. When he said he wanted to do some shows with Take That there were loads of posts on forums etc telling Take That not to let him
    I remember that, he was the big successful star and they weren't. Now the boot is on the other foot. Take that, Robbie!:D
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The funny thing is that he's NOT overrated and I don't think I've ever heard him banging on about writing Angels or other songs. Of course he has written most of his lyrics but I don't think he's ever tried to take credit away from Guy Chambers or the other songwriters who he's worked with. It's fairly well known that Robbie 'borrowed' Angels from another songwriter and took it to Guy Chambers who worked his magic on it.

This is my favourite Robbie song and IMO it's better than anything Take That have done since reforming so...there - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl3CGQP1gFQ