Former Emmerdale star Adele Silva working in shop

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,381
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1259322/Former-Emmerdale-pin-Adele-Silva-heads-Hollywood--finds-work-shop-assistant.html

Kind of strange I'm sure she could have found some kind of low profile work to keep her going ? at least she isn't whoring out her life to the media though I suppose !

Comments

• viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on her, she's still working rather than sitting on her arse and will have an income and something to fall back whilst waiting for an acting role or inbetween acting roles
  • Lads R BadsLads R Bads Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    LA certainly is not cheap to live in, surprised she has not been turning tricks on Sunset Boulevard to further her non existent and no chance of a career in American TV.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Its perfectly normal for jobbing actors and actresses to take jobs in shops, cafes etc whilst they audition for acting roles. I'm sure she's doing it to survive whilst she waits for her big break. Good for her.

I hate the way the DM make out that she's somehow failed. She's only been in LA since last year. It can take years to make it.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once said "hello" to Adele Silva in a coffee shop in Leeds, she seemed nice and she can't have been no more than 5 ft in height!

Anyways, not sure why the Daily Wail have a problem with somebody working?
  • NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    She's no different to the thousands of people trying to make it in showbiz in one way or another. Piers Morgan did a programme about LA - and featured some well known names over here who have been there trying to make it, including some chap from Hollyoaks (I think) and a couple that were lucky to make it into the A-List after about a decade of trying.

If she can make it without selling her soul to the proverbial devil then good on her.
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least she has a job.
  • CHEE KYCHEE KY Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    At least she has a job.

Well said.

Well done to her not to think she's too precious for a normal job.

I think she deserves a pay rise. :)
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her. I think most people will be impressed.
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with that :)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Always came across as a really nice girl, and good on her, she's working, supporting herself whilst trying to get her break.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to the girl for earning a living and not sitting on her arse wingeing.

Non story really and typical slow news day filler
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her. She seems like a balanced person who has a good head on her shoulders. She's not hooking up with some Z-Lister or on some shitty reality show for exposure. I wish her well and hope she does get some roles.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Good for her. Acting is a very precarious profession and I'm sure most who succeed will have had to do other jobs to fill in.

Harrison Ford was a carpenter I think, so she's in good company.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    although people earn a good salary acting on soaps it's only the big stars like barbara windsor who make the big money, sure adele probably isn't short of a bob or two but she had to earn a living like everyone else.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im not sure about this she is taking a job away from an American im surprised she is allowed to stay in the country ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    im not sure about this she is taking a job away from an American im surprised she is allowed to stay in the country ;)

She's more than likely on a working visa and as long as she has a job, she can stay. Don't know what the winking smiley is about, there are loads of different American visas.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't a bad actress, considering some of the appalling acting I see on TV these days I think she should be encouraged back to England :(
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Its perfectly normal for jobbing actors and actresses to take jobs in shops, cafes etc whilst they audition for acting roles. I'm sure she's doing it to survive whilst she waits for her big break. Good for her.

I hate the way the DM make out that she's somehow failed. She's only been in LA since last year. It can take years to make it.

Exactly. The DM staff seems to be comprised of a sneering pack of bile-filled malcontents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    She made a point of hiding her face from the UK Paparazzi every opportunity she got, in the end they just ignored her, she wasn't worth the hassle what did she think that would do for her career ? if you aint in those mags, you ARE nobody..
    Looks like she just found that out. ;)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to her. Personally, I think her acting is dire and she has a face like a sack of mouldy potatoes, but, give her her due, she is earning an honest living and not just sitting on her arse whingeing.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it being an actor voids their strict Immigration policies? I'm not sure many people would be allowed to move to the US to work in a shop.:)
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Good for her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cf* wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1259322/Former-Emmerdale-pin-Adele-Silva-heads-Hollywood--finds-work-shop-assistant.html

Kind of strange I'm sure she could have found some kind of low profile work to keep her going ? at least she isn't whoring out her life to the media though I suppose !

Isn't this normal for actors to have a job to pay the bills? They have to live!
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Nothing shameful about working in a shop. She could be doing a lot worse.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a bitchy article.

Last night, Adele told the Mail: 'I'm a jobbing actress and in this climate you can either sell your soul or do an honest day's work.'

Good on her.:)
    She came over well on Hell's kitchen a few years ago.