Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Have Split Up

1235»

Comments

• Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    That wasn't about CM, it's someone else. It was written a year before the CM/AC Glastonbury stories started.

Was that the athlete stories? I heard that too.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yep, she's a Hollywood kid! According to that series they spend most of their time trying to avoid rehab although many fail.

I like GP. She's pretty with a charming vulnerability about her that makes you want to hug her. Surprised to hear that Chris hasn't had a serious girlfriend before her but then he was young and on the road a lot. Must have played the groupies unless he belonged to some strict religious code.

Chris Martin doesn't really strike me as a groupie user.

He seems like the kind of guy who gets home after a tour, then sits down in front of his TV and watches season after season of "Thirtysomething" that he recorded on Sky Plus.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Was that the athlete stories? I heard that too.

Ex footballer who has the golden touch when it comes to kicking balls.
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's whiter than white, read about how she got the part on Shakespeare in Love. And how she was the "architect of her own misery" when it came to the split with Brad Pitt. I don't mind Chris Martin, but thoroughly dislike her.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now we all have an opportunity to Goop-ify our relationships. :D

I'm 'profoundly liberated'.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I'm 'organically uncoupled'!
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...i can see how that would work as a one off,but not a constant..were they afraid of you becoming obese ?

No they were just extremely strict. For example we were never allowed to talk at the dinner table and always had to ask permission to leave the table. I always vowed I wouldn't be like that with my own children because of it. The trouble with having strict parents is that you tend to rebel and I did a lot of rebelling during my teenage years.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Consciously uncoupled' = publicly 'private'.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I don't think she's whiter than white, read about how she got the part on Shakespeare in Love. And how she was the "architect of her own misery" when it came to the split with Brad Pitt. I don't mind Chris Martin, but thoroughly dislike her.

Tell us more about the Shakespeare in love and the brad Pitt split!
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Apparently, she was visiting a friend - can't remember the actress - the friend told her about the script and part she was reading called 'Shakespeare in Love' - and Gwyneth left and called someone and stole the part from her, and they obviously fell out.

The Brad Pitt thing - she just said he was great and it took years to get over him, and it was because of her own issues they spilt, but nothing scandalous there really.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emma555 wrote: »
    Apparently, she was visiting a friend - can't remember the actress - the friend told her about the script and part she was reading called 'Shakespeare in Love' - and Gwyneth left and called someone and stole the part from her, and they obviously fell out.

The Brad Pitt thing - she just said he was great and it took years to get over him, and it was because of her own issues they spilt, but nothing scandalous there really.

Winona Ryder.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    he is educated lol:o

Indeed. Private school educated and got a first in classics at univeristy.
    dodrade wrote: »
    Not quite, but apparently he was a virgin until he was 22.

He was raised a Catholic so not sure if that had anything to do with it. I was at the same uni as Chris Martin at the same time, although I did not know him. His bandmate Jonny Buckland was on my course though, in the year above.

They were pretty obsessed with their (not famous at the time) band throughout university and all pretty nerdy (I think they all got firsts or 2:1's) so I imagine they didn't have much time for, or appeal from, girls.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I love Jonny Buckland, his friendship with Chris is lovely.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Indeed. Private school educated and got a first in classics at univeristy.

He was raised a Catholic so not sure if that had anything to do with it. I was at the same uni as Chris Martin at the same time, although I did not know him. His bandmate Jonny Buckland was on my course though, in the year above.

They were pretty obsessed with their (not famous at the time) band throughout university and all pretty nerdy (I think they all got firsts or 2:1's) so I imagine they didn't have much time for, or appeal from, girls.
    So have no idea what that poster is saying
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think of the children- what will happen to Marmite and Biscuit?
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess What If? will be off the setlist now.
  • groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, say it is not true?
    How am I possibly expected to carry on my own pitiful existence now Gwyneth & Chris have split up?
  • impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Gwyneth may be having second thoughts... Could a conscious post-uncoupling recouplation be on the cards?
  • Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    lol are women always bitchy lol

i guess when you have haters you are doing something right!