Sunday Night at the London Palladium.

ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So not only do we have the return of Celeb(?) Squares, it seems we also have the return of SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE LONDON PALLADIUM too !!

http://digiguide.tv/pick-of-the-day/14+september+2014/entertainment-sunday-night-at-the-palladium/

Soon we will have Crossroads, The Newcomers, Double Your Money........! :D

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    ITV. The home of original programming :D

To be fair, I've always thought we needed a variety show back in the schedule.

PS. Sky1 are bringing back "Ask The Family" but calling it something different. (Okay. Maybe it only sounds like ATF :p
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to recording of it ,very enjoyable
    Alfie Boe,,Little Mix, Bryan Adams were among the guests
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Not that I'll be watching this, Variety isn't my thing, I think something like this is overdue for a comeback though, I think are enough punters for it.

Stephen Mulhern, he's a charisma free zone IMO, I really don't get it.
    Stuff he's in isn't my sort of thing either so it's not a problem, just baffled why he's on TV presenting entertainment shows.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think ITV will be unstoppable on Sunday nights as families will put ITV on and stay there as they have 7pm Sunday night at the London Palladium
    8pm The X factor
    9pm Downton Abbey
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I think ITV will be unstoppable on Sunday nights as families will put ITV on and stay there as they have 7pm Sunday night at the London Palladium
    8pm The X factor
    9pm Downton Abbey

Palladium will probably start with around 4-5m but then drop to 3.5-4m when it faces Strictly. Everything on ITV is down due to their lack of effort during the Summer. Viewers are taking longer to return to watch TV.

DA should match last year.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for this. I miss variety shows without a competitive element.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually Itv might end up moving Palladium to 6.30 so it only clashes with strictly for 5-10 mins and put corrie or something on at 7.30-8
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    8pm The X factor
    9pm Downton Abbey

Thanks for the warning. We will avoid all of them. Asked my Mum about the Palladium thing and she evidently was a small child when it started. It sounds like the sort of thing we would have nightmares about. Anyhow, we hardly ever watch ITV, but we know people with Free-view who do so it might be a success. It sounds somewhat old fashioned though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the warning. We will avoid all of them. Asked my Mum about the Palladium thing and she evidently was a small child when it started. It sounds like the sort of thing we would have nightmares about. Anyhow, we hardly ever watch ITV, but we know people with Free-view who do so it might be a success. It sounds somewhat old fashioned though.

It wont be the same as it was in the past the acts this Sunday are Bryan Adams, Little Mix and 2 international acts
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ktla5 wrote: »
    So not only do we have the return of Celeb(?) Squares, it seems we also have the return of SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE LONDON PALLADIUM too !!

http://digiguide.tv/pick-of-the-day/14+september+2014/entertainment-sunday-night-at-the-palladium/

Soon we will have Crossroads, The Newcomers, Double Your Money........! :D

The Newcomers was actually a BBC soap
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not watching it unless there's a Beat the Clock segment with wobbly sets, embarrassed contestants and lame prizes.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephen Mulhern, he's a charisma free zone IMO, I really don't get it.
    Stuff he's in isn't my sort of thing either so it's not a problem, just baffled why he's on TV presenting entertainment shows.

He’s only hosting the first show, it’s a different host each week.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Maybe I'm being picky but anyone else noticed itv are now calling the show Sunday Night At The Palladium
    Wonder why they've dropped the LONDON ?
    Unless it's to placate the referendum lot 😄
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being picky but anyone else noticed itv are now calling the show Sunday Night At The Palladium
    Unless it's to placate the referendum lot 😄

The original title was actually Val Parnell's Sunday Night at the London Palladium, Parnell being the impresario who ran the Palladium.My trusty ITV Handbook for 1963 shows that in the week ending 25 November, 1962, the Palladium show rated seventh in the Top 20 with 15,873,000 viewers.The top rated show that week was Monday's Coronation Street with 20,218,000. I suspect we will not see the like of those ratings again.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Unless it's to placate the referendum lot ��

I suspect there’s some research somewhere that says having the place name in the title may alienate viewers in other parts of the country and therefore they are less likely to watch it. Maybe there’s some truth in that, maybe not, but the original version certainly proved very popular across the whole country.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching?
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what the hell was that? embarrassing intro
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh dear,,,the start has made me feel sick already
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's brucie?....
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That just now - wasn't so much Palladium - more Butlins!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beginning was all rather strange.

But am happy now as Brian Adams is on... :)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Bad start, especially with Stephen Mulherne doing his Pip Schofield act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's brucie?....

Oh dear god, no :o>:(
  • Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes me. Looking fwd. Brian Adams first can't be bad
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    And why have they dropped the 'London' part?