Idiot driver

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
Forum Member
Yes as my partner says another car story!! Driving to work last night as I do every night in the rush hour. I come to a large busy roundabout, so I go into the inside lane as the exit is nearly all the way round (after twelve). I notice a 4x4 in the outside lane. Anyway I pull out when it was safe to do so, signalling all the way round, I was just about to exit when I noticed the 4x4 right beside me. I gently pressed my horn, not aggressive. I let him go in front. He wasn't happy, then he started breaking as we were coming off the roundabout. He moved again then break. Then he moved and I went into the back of him, slightly. We pulled into a lay by off the roundabout. Both got out and he was persistent he was in the right! I said I went that way every day off the week and I went on the same roundabout in my test. He just replied it must of been wrong! Well after about five min, no damage to cars, we parted. I'm just kicking myself for not getting his number plate and reporting him for dangerous driving. What a plonker I am!! Sorry for the long post!!

Comments

• CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear all ok.
    "4x4" = warning of high probability of arrogant roadhog driver.
    other warning signs anyone? Flat cap = terrible slow driver without lane discipline?
    Mother on school run = most dangerous motorist around?
  • bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiona72 wrote: »
    Yes as my partner says another car story!! Driving to work last night as I do every night in the rush hour. I come to a large busy roundabout, so I go into the inside lane as the exit is nearly all the way round (after twelve). I notice a 4x4 in the outside lane. Anyway I pull out when it was safe to do so, signalling all the way round, I was just about to exit when I noticed the 4x4 right beside me. I gently pressed my horn, not aggressive. I let him go in front. He wasn't happy, then he started breaking as we were coming off the roundabout. He moved again then break. Then he moved and I went into the back of him, slightly. We pulled into a lay by off the roundabout. Both got out and he was persistent he was in the right! I said I went that way every day off the week and I went on the same roundabout in my test. He just replied it must of been wrong! Well after about five min, no damage to cars, we parted. I'm just kicking myself for not getting his number plate and reporting him for dangerous driving. What a plonker I am!! Sorry for the long post!!

Fiona we see them all the time I dont know how they passed their test he is an a rs ho le dont work yourself up about him ..not worth it you did everything right remember that x
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluebottle wrote: »
    Fiona we see them all the time I dont know how they passed their test he is an a rs ho le dont work yourself up about him ..not worth it you did everything right remember that x

Just type arsehole next time, Seriously thought I was having a stroke then reading that :D
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next time you'll know to back off and let the other driver go on their way as soon as you see them driving like an idiot.

Or don't bother peeping your horn in the first place - did you really think he hadn't seen you or were you just trying to tell him off?

Or when you realised he was carrying on to your exit, did you consider baling out of the exit and going round again?

You can't control how other people drive, but you can control how you react.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Next time you'll know to back off and let the other driver go on their way as soon as you see them driving like an idiot.

Or don't bother peeping your horn in the first place - did you really think he hadn't seen you or were you just trying to tell him off?

Or when you realised he was carrying on to your exit, did you consider baling out of the exit and going round again?

You can't control how other people drive, but you can control how you react.

Haha you actually sound like one of those road idiots!! Have you just read what you have just wrote? I beeped my horn as I got a fright and i was inches away from hitting him. Plus in the Highway Code it does say sound your horn to let other road users know of your presence. Oh hold on I was in the correct lane, but I will just go round the roundabout again lol! Ha
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    When you say "inside lane" do you mean right hand lane? :confused:
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha you actually sound like one of those road idiots!! Have you just read what you have just wrote? I beeped my horn as I got a fright and i was inches away from hitting him. Plus in the Highway Code it does say sound your horn to let other road users know of your presence. Oh hold on I was in the correct lane, but I will just go round the roundabout again lol! Ha

Do you seriously think that someone who drives into the back of another car is someone whose opinion on road safety is worth listening to?

Only you know whether you beebed your horn to warn him of your presence or to tell him off. Had you not peeped your horn would he have hit you, or had you already taken any necessary evasive action.

Some drivers are idiots, and how they behave is outside your control. But how you react is totally your responsibility.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »

Presumably the lane closest to the actual roundabout.

Glad Fiona you got out of it without injury.
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »

Yes right hand lane. The lane you go into if your going past 12 o'clock. If your were going all the way round. Sorry didn't explain myself.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    The lane you go into if your going past 12 o'clock
    Unless the lane markings indicate otherwise.
    Forum Member
    Not marked any different. I used to go that way every week on my lessons as I once said to my instructor how much I hated the roundabout as it was so busy, shouldn't have opened my gob as he felt obliged to take me there every week! Lol