New Kit Kat Chunky "Choose a Champion" flavours including Coconut!

Little Miss KatLittle Miss Kat Posts: 226
Forum Member
Probably not the best thread to be starting as we approach January but I'm quite excited about these new Kit Kat Chunky flavours.

Once again the public will be asked to "Choose a Chunky Champion". The four new flavours are:

- Coconut
- Mint
- Choc Fudge
- Hazelnut

Kit Kat Chunky Coconut reviewed here: http://grocerygems.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-kit-kat-chunky-coconut-review.html

Which flavour do you think will be most popular? I'm hoping the Coconut wins :)

Comments

• TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not to impressed with the choice this time. If i had to choose one, it would be the mint one!
  • Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean they are going to be replacing the winner from last time?!!
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean they are going to be replacing the winner from last time?!!

Replacing it? I haven't even seen it out yet.
  • Little Miss KatLittle Miss Kat Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    I'm not to impressed with the choice this time. If i had to choose one, it would be the mint one!

I'm sure the Mint one will be very popular, it's a classic chocolate combination, as is the Hazelnut. I like the Coconut because it's something a bit different.

The winning bar last time was the Peanut Butter Kit Kat Chunky. Those are still widely available, I'm not sure if they wil be disappearing for good. The new ones are still quite hard to find but I'm sure it won't be long before they are absolutely everywhere.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I have not tasted it but I will say coconut as you can't go wrong with coconut in any shape or form :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like they're just flavoured chocolate on the outer rather than any flavoured filling.

Mint sounds nice though.
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    I have not tasted it but I will say coconut as you can't go wrong with coconut in any shape or form :D

Exactly! You have great taste :D
    bowland37 wrote: »
    It sounds like they're just flavoured chocolate on the outer rather than any flavoured filling.

Mint sounds nice though.

Yes, the Mint one is also flavoured chocolate rather than having a mint filling in the wafers. The flavouring in the Mint version is quite strong so it dominates the wafer - in a good way! It was very tasty :). A more detailed review:

http://grocerygems.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-kit-kat-chunky-mint-review.html
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly! You have great taste :D

Yes, the Mint one is also flavoured chocolate rather than having a mint filling in the wafers. The flavouring in the Mint version is quite strong so it dominates the wafer - in a good way! It was very tasty :). A more detailed review:

http://grocerygems.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-kit-kat-chunky-mint-review.html

I really should stop reading your reviews until I can find these, you're making me hungry :cry:

Definately going to try the mint and coconut, possibly the fudge..
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudge sounds nice.
    Forum Member
    I really should stop reading your reviews until I can find these, you're making me hungry :cry:

Definately going to try the mint and coconut, possibly the fudge..

lol it is annoying reading reviews if you can't actually find the product. Good news though - they are definitely popping up in more places. I found some today in two different newsagents, so hopefully your local stores will have some.:)
  • Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you live in Royston Vasey or something? It's available in literally every shop that sells chocolates!
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coconut will be my choice.

Can already get Mint in normal kit kats.

Is there really any point in this choose a champion though? All 3 from last time are still available?
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    I'm not to impressed with the choice this time.
    Neither am I. Choc fudge sounds a bit sickly, I'm not overly fond of coconut, and mint & hazelnut have been done to death. Not a very creative bunch are they?
    Forum Member
    Neither am I. Choc fudge sounds a bit sickly, I'm not overly fond of coconut, and mint & hazelnut have been done to death. Not a very creative bunch are they?

You're right about the Choc Fudge - it is VERY sweet. I am a fan of coconut though so I was happy about that being included.

I agree with the lack of creative thinking, most of the mainstream UK chocolate market is like that. There are so many other flavours available besides the usual suspects - mint, orange,hazelnut.

Choc Fudge Kit Kat Chunky review
    Forum Member
    Coconut will be my choice.

Can already get Mint in normal kit kats.

Is there really any point in this choose a champion though? All 3 from last time are still available?

Not all of them are still available but two of them are so I take your point! Last time the four choices were; Peanut Butter, White Choc, Orange, Double Choc.

The Double Choc and Orange Kit Kat Chunky's disappeared (although you can still get orange regular sized Kit Kats).

The Peanut Butter was the winner and is still available everywhere - as Christian_Grey mentions above! The White Choc disappeared for a while but was released again but only as a "limited edition".
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm - seems I'm the odd one, as I don't really care for coconut chocolate. Sadly I can't eat that much choccy in one go now, but I expect I'd like hazelnut best. If they really wanted to be radical they should have gone for chilli:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I couldn't find the new flavours anywhere the first time round! I can't stand coconut but I'm looking forward to trying the other 3 (as a treat cos I'm meant to be eating healthily in 2013).
  • Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've always wanted to try their Sakura Matchi version from Japan.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coconut, hazelnut and mint all sound perfectly nice to me! Not especially exciting though.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Choc Fudge sounds nice (could be a bit sweet) as does Hazelnut, wouldnt mind if either win.
    Hope they dont replace the Peanut Butter one though! :(
    I can still get the White Chocolate Kit Kat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to trying the coconut one.

My fave choc bar used to be the coconut boost. Sadly no more... :cry:
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    HALibutt wrote: »

I loved the coconut boost too.

I cannot find these flavoured kitkats anywhere though ? - I want to try the coconut one.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I love hazelnut anything so that's my choice!
    Forum Member
    HALibutt wrote: »

There is a "Bring Back Coconut Boost" Group on Facebook and even an online petition here with almost two thousand signatures! Online campaigning worked to bring back Vice Versas last year so you never know!

I would love them to be released again :)
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I loved the coconut boost too.

I cannot find these flavoured kitkats anywhere though ? - I want to try the coconut one.

I know they haven't hit the supermarkets yet so local shops are your best bet. Do you have a Premier Store near you? They are excellent for stocking new chocolates before anyone else. Check the online storefinder.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    ...thanks for the info Miss Kat - I am now hot on the trail :) I will let you know what I think of them once tried.