Options

Hollycroaks

2»

Comments

• Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,907
    Forum Member
    Exactly how many stunts etc have they had this year? I've lost count and the bodies are piling up!

The falling down The Loft/Village steps is boring now, as is the I've accidently been spiked with drugs old chestnut, as is the baby/child kidnapping, as is the blowing up of buildings and fatal crashes!

They have even obliterated Trevor's fish twice! :D

If they don't come up with some fresh ideas they are going to run out of steam, never mind that fast approaching runaway train ...

And I don't like the way it's suddenly trying to be Holbyoaks either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if BK is still in charge possibly an earthquake in Chester with a measuring 9 on the Richter scale. At least this year for the cast cull there are people he can kill off but he will choose to ignore those characters and kill off good ones.

That will be Chester's version of hurricane Gonzalo next then! Carnage!

Yes, they always kill off the wrong characters 99% of the time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Credit where credits due Hollyoaks still has a loyal fan base despite it being a shadow of its former self. I think it still has moments like John Paul's court case but few and far between

Yes, it has to be noted that it is still going strong and performing reasonably well for Channel 4. Ditching the 'First Look' episode would be a way forward judging by some recent cliffhangers.

I just wish that it would go back to normal and give us some engaging character-lead stories instead of the ever-present staple of Bonnie and Clyde and blackmail.

Almost everyone has turned evil and sinister at some point for the sole reason of a short shock-value storyline.

The original premise of the show has totally disappeared in favour of hideous far-out plots!
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Slow motion flat explosion? 1 mile an hour tumble dryer car crash? Cartoon car door death?

Would you like anymore?

LOL.

Maddie's Final Destination death is iconic. That fact that we were talking about the stunts being done well from a practical stuntmen point of view seems to be lost on you.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad really that HO don't bother looking at their ratings as much as other soaps do. Like Family Affairs they have & had a loyal fan base who will watch regardless whether it is brilliant, or whether it is sh*t. It seems to be doing well for Channel 4 anyway & I enjoy watching it. I just don't take it so seriously which is why I enjoy it more. It's fast paced & full of twists which is what I like about it, even if the twists in the SL are farcical (Sandy being Darren's mother, Dodger being the father of Nico etc.)

The newly released trailer looks good, it's mysterious & quite dark, very similar to the one they did a few years ago with the Restaurant fire. But they do stunts very well, & I can't wait until the train crash,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I'm glad really that HO don't bother looking at their ratings as much as other soaps do. Like Family Affairs they have & had a loyal fan base who will watch regardless whether it is brilliant, or whether it is sh*t. It seems to be doing well for Channel 4 anyway & I enjoy watching it. I just don't take it so seriously which is why I enjoy it more. It's fast paced & full of twists which is what I like about it, even if the twists in the SL are farcical (Sandy being Darren's mother, Dodger being the father of Nico etc.)

The newly released trailer looks good, it's mysterious & quite dark, very similar to the one they did a few years ago with the Restaurant fire. But they do stunts very well, & I can't wait until the train crash,

Let's hope there's an aftermath as they do stunts but tend to cop out on aftermaths. Characters go away or just disappear into a black hole for a while until everything has calmed down and the deceased are forgotten!
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »

I totally agree. Its got a different vibe to it compared to other soaps. Love it
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Maddie's Final Destination death is iconic. That fact that we were talking about the stunts being done well from a practical stuntmen point of view seems to be lost on you.

Yes, Maddie's fantastic practical stuntman.

Oh wait.... she screamed at the camera and cut to a CGI car door. :D
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member

Your hatred for the show is quite transparent. Not putting up with your nonsense anymore.
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hollyoaks always does stunts very well! So much can be said for another soap!
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first time in forever, i'm seriously considering not watching anymore because it is so dire.
    Rewind back about 2 years and it was so good.
    I just record it now and ff all the rubbish bits which basically means aside from Grace/Trevor and Blessing/Dennis i miss the rest.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your hatred for the show is quite transparent. Not putting up with your nonsense anymore.

Lmao. It's called an opinion darling. Deal with it and move on. :D
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D That car door did better acting than her too :p.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    For the first time in forever, i'm seriously considering not watching anymore because it is so dire.
    Rewind back about 2 years and it was so good.
    I just record it now and ff all the rubbish bits which basically means aside from Grace/Trevor and Blessing/Dennis i miss the rest.

I'd say even one year ago it was still quite good. The crazy plotlines were generally just for the McQueens/gangsters but now everyone has a ridiculously massive trauma. Characters are lumped either with the villain/baddie who gets away with everything (I include baddies we're meant to 'like' like Freddie and Theresa) or with the role of kicked puppy (Maxine, JP, Dodger and Carmel being the most obvious examples, but Jason is a bit of a kicked puppy as well). It's so simplistic.

I wonder if Hollyoaks will have a big issue storyline next year seeing as they couldn't resist turning the ones they had this year into a farce.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with all the comments regarding the absurdity over all these deaths. Please can we have a couple of months without some disaster / murder / tragic death.
    Or at least get rid of the right people in one fell swoop and have done with it. In my opinion - Sienna, Patrick, Cameron and his annoying brother, Tony, Dianne, that annoying Nico, i could go on all day actually.