Spooks - New series ??

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Have you seen 24? Jack Bauer saved the world after 18 months being tortured by the Chinese.

yes I love 24! But at least Jack seems traumatised a bit unlike Lucas!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    I cant belive how unbelievable spooks has got - why on earth would Lucas be allowed to join an operation after he had JUST got back from being jeld by the russians for 8 years. Makes no sense
    And both him and Ros must have been workign for MI6 who deal with overseas operations, so why is Harry & Co involved
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Armitage is great addition, not as good as Rupert Penry-Jones though!

I agree those nice lingering shots of RP-J bottom will be missed by me. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foonacha wrote: »
    Can anyone say "Manchurian Candidate"?...ermm...thats a guess;not a spoiler!

It could be a double bluff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm glad everything turned out
    well with Lucas.
    The way Ros had a massive freak out, and then turn immediately back to the Ice Queen persona she puts on, was just fantastic, reminds me just why I love the character so much. I think we'll see more of Lucas being traumatised by his captivity- I reckon it'll be long running, like Adam's being traumatised after Fiona's death.

From what I understand, in the world of the show, whilst MI:6 are the ones who mainly deal with overseas operations, if there's something going on abroad that directly affects an MI:5 operation, they can send out operatives to deal with it. We saw Zaf abroad at the start of last series, and we saw Adam abroad before that
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Congratulations, your testicles are now yours to take home with you."

Pretty good line, Ros!
  • Options
    Trix71Trix71 Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm glad everything turned out
    well with Lucas.
    The way Ros had a massive freak out, and then turn immediately back to the Ice Queen persona she puts on, was just fantastic, reminds me just why I love the character so much. I think we'll see more of Lucas being traumatised by his captivity- I reckon it'll be long running, like Adam's being traumatised after Fiona's death.

From what I understand, in the world of the show, whilst MI:6 are the ones who mainly deal with overseas operations, if there's something going on abroad that directly affects an MI:5 operation, they can send out operatives to deal with it. We saw Zaf abroad at the start of last series, and we saw Adam abroad before that

I thought the freak out was very good... Did anyone see at one point that in the debriefing room or whatever you would call it, when Roz and Harry where talking to Lucas.
    Harry mouth was moving but nothing was being said when the filming shot was from behind?
    Bit of a glaring mistake i thought at the time... or was i imaging things??:confused:
  • Options
    WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Just watched episode 2 of the new series and something suddenly struck me!!

Full credits at the end of the episode!!

OK, so they were there at a breakneck/American speed, but they were there.

Whatever happened to the lingering last frame/still shot going directly to the Spooks/BBC logo (OK, with just maybe credits for the director & producer).

Much preferred it the old way.

WMS
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wmsheep wrote: »
    Just watched episode 2 of the new series and something suddenly struck me!!

Full credits at the end of the episode!!

OK, so they were there at a breakneck/American speed, but they were there.

Whatever happened to the lingering last frame/still shot going directly to the Spooks/BBC logo (OK, with just maybe credits for the director & producer).

Much preferred it the old way.

WMS

They always do full credits on the BBC 3 showings, not sure why.
  • Options
    WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Oh, OK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I didn't see that Trix71, but I'll watch it again tomorrow, and see if I spot it.
    I think Ros is certainly going to make for an interesting Section Leader, can't wait to see what happens with that. I'd love to find out what happened to Juliet Shaw after the last series too. Is she in jail? Is she still loose? Did she fake the whole being crippled thing?
    She was an intriguing character, especially with the history she had with Harry. I want to see her again almost as much as I want to see Ruth. Surely it's time she can come back?
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Ep 1

The ending with Harry and adams' son was an almost carbon copy of the ending of the Wild Geese film even down to the rugby

Enjoyed the episode tho'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trix71 wrote: »
    I thought the freak out was very good... Did anyone see at one point that in the debriefing room or whatever you would call it, when Roz and Harry where talking to Lucas.
    Harry mouth was moving but nothing was being said when the filming shot was from behind?
    Bit of a glaring mistake i thought at the time... or was i imaging things??:confused:

This also happened in the last series, suspect it happens quite often in filming but we just don't spot it ;)
  • Options
    EighthoursEighthours Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    This also happened in the last series, suspect it happens quite often in filming but we just don't spot it ;)

There were a couple of clear ADR lines in there: dialogue recorded after the initial shoot. Presumably in this case it was to spell something out more obviously for the watching audience. Didn't integrate that well with the rest of the sound mix for the Harry/Ros/Lucas scene, unfortunately! Stuck out a mile, said in a slightly different tone over a reaction shot of another character!