Options

Vancouver 2010 Official Thread (Part 2)

silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Windy999 wrote: »
Horn in the crowd has put my support firmly behind Norway.

I tend to agree- such behaviour isn't tolerated at the snooker or at tennis tournaments. I think they should stop the match and remove the person involved.

Nothing wrong with getting behind your team though :o

Lets see how 2012 pans out :p

End 5 and only 2 stones in it :eek:

Comments

• Options
    juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    xenosys wrote: »
    Respect to the crowd though, they did single the numpty out for a series of heckles. Pity about the stench of hypocrisy.

Bit of a stalemate so far here, needs to liven up!!

Anyone think Ulsrud looks a bit like Morten Haarket from A-Ha?

yes hes got that Take on Me too
  • Options
    hobnob_monsterhobnob_monster Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did the thread get closed? I posted an amusing comment about a horn, but it didn't post.

Lost for ever. Sorry everyone. It was very funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did the thread get closed?

Length I imagine :(
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Seems an odd time to start a new thread - just as the Winter Olympics are drawing to a close.

Last curling match and Rhona's last commentary too - I'm quite emotional.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We filled a thread!

Hurrah to us :)

Gold medals all round
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 3 -0 up, I'm seriously worried that Canada will blow it at the last end just like the womens' team did. :(
  • Options
    xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did the thread get closed? I posted an amusing comment about a horn, but it didn't post.

Lost for ever. Sorry everyone. It was very funny.

Something about Norway's skip getting the horn and blowing his shot?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Only 3 -0 up, I'm seriously worried that Canada will blow it at the last end just like the womens' team did. :(

I think your guys will be ok this time around. Martin's been around the block a few times in big matches and doesn't seem like the type to choke.

Both teams are playing quite poorly and Canada are edging it because they've put Norway in a few difficult positions and the skip hasn't delivered. They'll need at least 3 here to stand much of a chance in the second half.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Length I imagine :(

Was that the Horn joke punchline ?:eek:

New Threads , a nod to the Norway trousers :)

Norway comming up short , but its a long way to go :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do like their snacks in curling!
    Women's fare was much better than the men;s though - they had cake and eveything :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do like their snacks in curling!
    Women's fare was much better than the men;s though - they had cake and eveything :)

I envied the Chinese and their picnic at half time. Prawn & Sesame toast mmmmm.
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it was the Chinese team who pulled out practically a full meal at the break! A tupperware box full of goodies they had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope this does not go to tie break as I have to get up early to do a Cross Country Race in the Snow, mud , and floods.

But i feel It would be rude to leave Rhona and Steve before its finished ???? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell the Canadian crowd still aren't quite sure how to get behind their team. Almost an air of uncertainty circulating around the arena after what had happened yesterday to their team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Think it was the Chinese team who pulled out practically a full meal at the break! A tupperware box full of goodies they had.

Team USA had a Big Mac, Domino Pizza, King Size chicken wing bucket with extra fries, mcflurry......., and a diet coke ( cos thier athletes ) :rolleyes:

This is a lie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can tell the Canadian crowd still aren't quite sure how to get behind their team. Almost an air of uncertainty circulating around the arena after what had happened yesterday to their team.

I know what you mean - don't want to jinx the team again.
    I don't think I would know what to do - hurrah for the British "polite applause" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team USA had a Big Mac, Domino Pizza, King Size chicken wing bucket with extra fries, mcflurry......., and a diet coke ( cos thier athletes ) :rolleyes:

This is a lie.

I can quite believe that, and the diet coke - just to even it out a little. That portion above would just be for Schuster too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a lie.

Full-fat Coke was it? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean - don't want to jinx the team again.
    I don't think I would know what to do - hurrah for the British "polite applause" :D

Just wait until Wimbledon this year. All forms of etiquette tend to go right out the window for 2 weeks a year. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can quite believe that, and the diet coke - just to even it out a little. That portion above would just be for Schuster too.

The Norwegian outfits suggest they should be asking, "do you want fries with that."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the fact taht the Norwegean national anthem is called "Yes, we love this country"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Norwegian outfits suggest they should be asking, "do you want fries with that."

Haha, just had this image of Ulsrud going to shake Schuster's hand during their round robin match, only for the American skip to stop him mid-shake and tell him what he wants from the cafeteria.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Norway! 3-2
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    I think Canada would clinch most golds in the Olympics if they win the curling, tonight.

Certainly we're out of it if there is no medal in either of tomorrow's events.

Luckily we're the only country in the world that goes by total medal count so we take pride in our astonishing 13 bronzes. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Norway! 3-2

They could turn it around here :(

I might be forced to post more Canadian jokes to cheer myself up :cry:

You have been warned :p