Perez Hilton on Matt

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
Forum Member
The celebrity gossip columnist in America wasn't to nice about Matt in a tweet earlier he said

Matt Cardle will never have a career in America. Truth! Does Lee DeWyze have a career in the UK? No!

Lee DeWyze was the guy who won this year's American Idol I think.

Never liked Perez myself and he's a big Cher fan, only good thing about him is his support of Diana, he also likes Joe from last year

Comments

• MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The celebrity gossip columnist in America wasn't to nice about Matt in a tweet earlier he said

Matt Cardle will never have a career in America. Truth! Does Lee DeWyze have a career in the UK? No!

Never liked Perez myself and he's a big Cher fan, only good thing about him is his support of Diana, he also likes Joe from last year

Is Perez Hilton now a psychic or is he now so deluded he thinks he can influence who does and who doesn't become a success in US?:rolleyes:
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Based on album sales Lee Dewyze doesn't have much of a career in the US either. But I agree that Matt won't do too much in the US as well but that's the norm for X Factor winners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    I think he's the reason Cher's you tube videos have such high ratings
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He can be a whiner and a sore loser about a lot but I do agree with him here...and he does have a lot of pull and influence now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO!! don't tell me he likes Diana :eek: that fat whale needs to stay away from her.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry but this guy is a major *** and is a z grade celeb
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perez Hilton may or may not be right, but he's an idiot regardless.
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    No one knows if Matt will break America, no one even knows how well he will do here yet, and we won't until next year. Fact.

Perez Hilton himself has no talent and has made his name commenting on those who do. Fact.
  • DutyPaidDutyPaid Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Perez Hilton is probably right.

Cardle hasn't got a good voice and has no charisma.
    Give it a year and he'll be a nobody over here. As for breaking the states .. dream on.
  • purpletoonlinkpurpletoonlink Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    sorry but this guy is a major f*g and is a z grade celeb

So you object to spelling offensive words, but not using them as a slur?

Come on dude, that's not cool.
  • CaudlehalbardCaudlehalbard Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt is not an "all in the shop front" type which goes down well in the US. He is not even physically appealing.

Susan Boyle went down a storm because she is such an oddity. Matt isn't even that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then again, Perez Hilton thought Travis Garland was going to be a big star.

We saw how that turned out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Matt breaking America but I guess you never know. It depends on the type of songs they give him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Who the hell cares what Perez thinks to be honest with you the mans a pratt.
  • CaudlehalbardCaudlehalbard Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He may well be a prat but, in this instance, he may well be right.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Is this the same guy who published the video with Cher going for a coffee this week ?
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    He may well be a prat but, in this instance, he may well be right.

He may well be wrong too :)

No-one knows what the future holds for any of the finalists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    He's a complete and utter idiot, but is correct here. Matt breaking America is about as likely as England hosting the 2018 World Cup.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    He might not, but only one X-Factor act actually has - Leona Lewis. It's not like if he's following 3-4 winners who have all broken the US.

Alexandra and JLS 'might' break the US in time, but there are certainly no guarantees.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL. I hate the fat pig (perez) and I've grown to like Matt (he's been so good to Cher) but he's right, Matt won't have a career in the US. there's no market for him. The Top40 is dominated by dance pop and the HotAC isn't kind to guys like him unless your name is John Mayor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benn__g wrote: »
    Alexandra and JLS 'might' break the US in time, but there are certainly no guarantees.

JLS has already flopped here bigtime. The boyband fad died a long time ago here (thank god.) Alexandra might make it if they stop giving her god awefull material.
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez is probably right about Matt not having a career in America. He probably won't have much of one in Britain to be honest. And he was my favourite in the competition.

If Matt comes out of his X Factor contract after a year or so and makes a clean break of it, then he might be able to do a Will Young and make a go of it independently. Then he might be successful, but not under the X Factor banner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether Perez is right about Matt or not, Perez is a hateful little creature representing a lot of what's wrong with our world, and it amazes me he has as much power as he does to make or break a person's career.

He also couldn't be further up Cheryl's backside if he tried, so that could have something to do with his opinions on Matt...
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply loathe Perez Hilton. While it maybe true about Matt not having a career in the States, there only seems to be one former X Factor contestant who has cracked it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I simply loathe Perez Hilton. While it maybe true about Matt not having a career in the States, there only seems to be one former X Factor contestant who has cracked it.

Leona flopped with her second album here. Like, really flopped. If she doesn't make a comeback with her third album, she can forget about her career in America.