Yewtree - where will it all end?

Comments

• ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    Does that Hall's to 9 year old?
    Or the little patients Saville went after?
    Ypu seem very sure that girls were deceiving innocent men about their age - but what the women are describing is assualt, unwecome attentions, and from men who knew very well how old they were.
    The thing isd, you would have to be deranged to insist that you thought a kid of 12 or 1e3 was much older. But it is a great excuse - in fact it's the only excuse these men can make.

You've rather taken my post out of context - I was replying (nearly a fortnight ago!) to James Frederick about pop stars and groupies - extending that to Savile and Hall's offences is rather a straw man argument. Obviously no-one could have claimed then or now that they mistook a nine yearold for a sixteen year old.
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    Mud sticks. It's not a case of just being able to carry on with their lives from where they left off.
    We've seen on this thread, confusion as to whether certain individuals have admitted offences, been charged, been convicted etc. A celeb who has been acquitted, even leaving court without a blemish on his reputation will forever suffer the whispers of the "no smoke without fire" brigade.

My post was in response to a post that tried to insinuate that all that possibly happened was"a little grope"which they say was common in the 60s and 70s. And they also said that the victims were motivated by money.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then the rest have to try and live with it.

No innocent person should have to 'try and live' with anything.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    No innocent person should have to 'try and live' with anything.

I know that. But they do have to. What else can they do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Operation Yewtree was founded on emotion and outrage and set up seemingly overnight made me distrust it from the start. I've also said from day one that it is far too open to abuse and corruption. I'm just shocked there isn't a bigger outcry over it.
  • LenzarLenzar Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Yewtree is quite simply being used by women to get rid of celebrities that have somehow wronged them, IMHO.

I didn't think (Sir) Jimmy Savile was guilty, other than of being the first. Very easy to hop on a bandwagon when he's dead.

All in all, I don't think anyone being fingered is guilty. JS in particular 'abused' far too many women for things to stay quiet.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lenzar wrote: »
    Yewtree is quite simply being used by women to get rid of celebrities that have somehow wronged them, IMHO.

I didn't think (Sir) Jimmy Savile was guilty, other than of being the first. Very easy to hop on a bandwagon when he's dead.

All in all, I don't think anyone being fingered is guilty. JS in particular 'abused' far too many women for things to stay quiet.

Naïve or deliberately provocative? Honestly not sure...
    Forum Member
    Naïve or deliberately provocative? Honestly not sure...

I just believe there's two sides to a story.

Do you just believe a woman who says she's been raped?
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just believe there's two sides to a story.

Do you just believe a woman who says she's been raped?

Once 450 people make statements to the police alleging similar behaviour by an individual, there's either something to it or it's an incredibly large conspiracy.
  • kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Being first to do what?

It has already been confirmed that many of the complainants were discouraged from taking the matter further by the police.
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as more and more crawl out of the woodwork.

Isn't there some nameless 53 year old bloke now in the frame?

Surely if people are guilty we dont want it to end?:confused:
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we get to hear of Brian Cant or Johnny Ball being questioned or charged, then I'll really start to lose my faith in anything, and question everything I once believed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we get to hear of Brian Cant or Johnny Ball being questioned or charged, then I'll really start to lose my faith in anything, and question everything I once believed.

I will eat my own testicles if that happens.
    Forum Member
    So with Sir David Frost having passed away, how long before he's accused of this BS?
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    I will eat my own testicles if that happens.

Quoted for proof :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, and will add Fred Harris and David Attenborough to my list. If they're ever questioned or charged I'll want a one way ticket to the moon. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointless starting a new thread on it but the Michael Le Vell case make very disturbing reading.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Tom Baker is my personal tipping point - If I see his name come up that it, I'm done...

Beachy Head, here I come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Court artists aren't getting any better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-23928308

Could be almost anyone but Michael Le Vell.

Edit: Bugger. They've changed the picture now. :mad:
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Baker is my personal tipping point - If I see his name come up that it, I'm done...

Beachy Head, here I come.

Same here.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite horrified by all this especially the allegations about Rolf. I used to watch him painting on tv and it gave me ideas for my own art work. Sometimes I wish he wasn't one of these alleged offenders if I am being honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    Agreed, and will add Fred Harris and David Attenborough to my list. If they're ever questioned or charged I'll want a one way ticket to the moon. :eek:

If David Attenborough was on the list I would grieve. He was a childhood hero and I still regard him as such. He won't be, he really won't.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just glad Rod Hull isn't about to see all this.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    johnny_t wrote: »
    I'm just glad Rod Hull isn't about to see all this.....

Not Emu too? :(

I expect it would make him crash back down to earth if he were still here.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not Emu too? :(

I expect it would make him crash back down to earth if he were still here.

Yes - The news would be bound to get a poor reception...

(Incidentally, I'm not intimating I have any special knowledge about Rod, or implying he's guilty or anything. Just a case that if anyone's act could be open to implication or innuendo, then that would be it)