League One thread 2015/16 season

Comments

• Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Are you a Swindon fan?

I am and Clem did mention us during his FL scores updates!
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham are against Fleetwood tomorrow in which meant to be first league game that new North Stand was going to open but it wouldn't be until September (or October) as for match I think it end up as draw as Fleetwood are good team and I think it will take us couple of more games before we get our first win of season.

Predicted - Oldham 1-1 Fleetwood
  • Options
    Gareth1984Gareth1984 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    So all is not lost for Sheffield United - plus Bradford, Peterborough and all other clubs who lost their opening fixture - fans; only another 45 games to go!

I'm not too worried as long as we sign a decent centre half and bring in a goalkeeper. The goalkeeper issue doesn't seem as if it will be resolved any time soon but we have had a bid of around £200K accepted for a centre half (rumoured to be Mark Beevers) so hopefully that problem will be fixed soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham won for first time this season after they beat Fleetwood 1-0, I can't comment on game as I didn't att but I hear we lucky to get three points as Fleetwood didn't took they chances went the came.

I see we move up to sixth in table and now play Colchester on Tues night in game which I feel we should win but we didn't beat them last season so who knows what will happen on Tues night.

I see Coventry fans on here will be very happy tonight as they top of division after 4-0 win against Millwall, Rochdale are second in table after 2-0 win against Blackpool and unless Wigan lose tomorrow every team have pick up aleast point in first two games.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good solid 2-0 win for Sheffield United against Chesterfield on Saturday. Looking good going forward and Che Adams is a star in the making, no doubt clubs will be sniffing around :(

Billy Sharp was unlucky not to get on the score sheet and worked his socks off, at the back we're still looking dodgy but with a couple more players, that shouldn't be an issue.

UTB !!!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leave the country for 2 weeks and cov top the table!!!!!!!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    leave the country for 2 weeks and cov top the table!!!!!!!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

AND WE'RE STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE - 9 POINTS.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham draw 0-0 to Colchester tonight which sounds like it was dull game, I believe they hit the posts and our player Croft miss sitter.

We are still unbeaten after three matches, only let one goal in them three games and keep second clean sheet too so happy have season gone so far.

I see Coventry are only team in this division to have 100% record after they beat Crewe 3-2 and Rochdale lost 2-1 to Walsall, Gillingham are second after they beat Bradford 2-1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good sold away win at Peterborough, 1-3 to the mighty Blades, three wins on the trot, 6 points and it was only 10 days ago we got our arses handed to us by Gillingham.

UTB !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AND WE'RE STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE - 9 POINTS.:)

last night may have been the best cov performance i have ever seen. definitely from an attacking pov anyway.

wow i am still buzzing
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    last night may have been the best cov performance i have ever seen. definitely from an attacking pov anyway.

wow i am still buzzing

I don't go but my son went and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Let's hope Cov can keep it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if we stick to this way of playing chances are we will win more than we lose

really hard midlands derby vs an unbeaton team next though in walsall. i would take a draw!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham are at home to Shrewsbury tomorrow which we play two games against them in 10 days (other one been JPT 1R) I believe we will win tomorrow but I can't see were goal will come from as our final third seen to be poor, I think we will keep third clean sheet in row as our def look solid so with that I think Oldham will win 1-0.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham draw for third time this season after 1-1 draw to Shrewsbury, I can't comment on game as I didn't att but I believe it was fair draw.

We stay unbeaten after four matches and now face Bury away next weekend, this be my first league match of season and hoping we can continue our unbeaten run.

I see Gillingham are top of division after they beat Wigan 2-0 and Walsall are second after 2-1 win against Coventry. Blackpool are bottom of division after they lost 2-0 to Sheff utd and are one of eight team who still waiting for their first win.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if we stick to this way of playing chances are we will win more than we lose

really hard midlands derby vs an unbeaton team next though in walsall. i would take a draw!

Was a great game. Very close between both sides. Cracking goal from Coventry too.
    Glad we hung on for the win though.
    Only spoilt by Gillingham winning and keeping us off the top!
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw Murphy's consolation goal from the Walsall game. Shit, four games in and I'm pretty sure we've already got the entire of our 14/15 beaten for cracking goals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shame that maddison is out for 2 months but i still think mowbray will keep this team winning.

looking forward to playing southend on monday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham are away to Bury tomorrow in which be my first league game of season, I think it should be interesting game as Bury seen to be scoring goals for fun but concede a lot where us we haven't scoring goals but have only concede twice this season. I think match will end up as draw but I feel it could be one of them 0-0 or 4-4 draw, I think there only be four goals in match so that why going for 2-2 scoreline.

Predicted for weekend.

Blackpool 0-4 Walsall
    Bradford 1-1 Port Vale
    Bury 2-2 Oldham
    Colchester 0-2 Scunthorpe
    Coventry 3-0 Southend (Monday night)
    Doncaster 0-0 Fleetwood
    Millwall 1-2 Chesterfield
    Peterborough 0-1 Gillingham
    Rochdale 1-1 Barnsley
    Shrewsbury 1-1 Burton
    Swindon 4-2 Sheff Utd
    Wigan 2-0 Crewe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheffield United pick up a great away win at Swindon Town, I'd have taken a draw before the kick off but this is sweet. We're doing well and long may it continue.

Up the Blades !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham draw 1-1 to Bury in which I felt we should won the match, we were better team in first half and took the lead thanks to low Volley from Croft, in second half we should been 2-0 up as Forte play Wilson in and with only goalkeeper to beat he shot the ball wide, one min later and they score which from where I sit look bit poor defence from us, we had chances to win the game but didn't took them.

Slight disappointed to come away with only point but we are still unbeaten after five games knowing its four draw in five league matches so far this season and sit 10th in table.

Walsall are top of table after they beat Blackpool 4-0 and Sheff Utd are second now after 2-0 win against Swindon, Burton are up to third after they got late winner against Shrewsbury and Gillingham would be joint top of division as they were winning 1-0 until Peterborough goal in 90th mins to draw match 1-1.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel bad for Blackpool fans. Their team has slipped from Championship to league one and now could end up slipping down to league two, if Blackpool don't get wins again.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember being at their playoff final win and seething with jealousy. Considering that was only five years ago it's incredible where they find themselves now.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Coventry v Southend isn't on TV tonight.

Any reason for Monday kick off considering it's not on TV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an annual gaming festival held at the Ricoh that meant Saturday was a no-go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham meet Bradford tomorrow in which I feel our unbeaten run will continue, Bradford seen to had mix start to season after losing 4-1 to Swindon and only pick up point in three matches they are unbeaten in two and keep clean sheet in both of them matches, we are draw specially in this division and knowing we are unbeaten our final third have been poor, as I mention before I feel our unbeaten run will continue so feel match will finishes a draw probably 1-1 scoreline.

Predicted from Sky Sports Super 6

Barnsley 2-0 Shrewsbury
    Crewe 0-2 Swindon
    Gillingham 2-0 Doncaster
    Oldham 1-1 Bradford
    Scunthorpe 3-0 Blackpool
    Walsall 4-2 Bury