what's the most you have spent on skin care

Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm watching how not to get old on 4 and there's a guy on it who's doing treatments costing hundreds

What really got me was the moisturising set he got that was £650!!!!

And how do they afford it

I buy my moisturising cream from boots when its on offer the time delay stuff

Comments

• PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £0.00
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beggared if I know.....Aldi face cream is probably just as good
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a bar of soap for 45p in 1987. Still going strong. The trick is not to get it wet.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching how not to get old on 4 and there's a guy on it who's doing treatments costing hundreds

What really got me was the moisturising set he got that was £650!!!!

And how do they afford it

...this is a wild guess but I'm guessing they have jobs which allows them to have a substantial disposable income.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the exception of soap, shower gel + sun block/lotion - absolutely nothing.
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its all overpriced gunk though

£5 for mine because I like the texture and smell. I dont buy it at full price though which is only about £9
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,921
    Forum Member
    I have never believed that anything you can apply to your skin will turn back time. You might just as well save up the money and have a nip and tuck, which is the only thing that will get rid of wrinkles. I use E45 cream as a moisturiser and I also use sunscreen.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all overpriced gunk though

I respectfully disagree:)

I have been using Clarins for many years and conscientiously adhere to their skin care regime and I am constantly told that I look 10 years younger than I actually am. I am not afraid of admitting my real age!

I think you get what you pay for.i did a beauty course a long time ago where I was told that all the companies ie Estée Lauder, ClArins, l'oreal etc have lines which are branded differently which are for sale in high st shops, eg synergie etc but are watered down.

I do believe that the more expensive the product the more concentrated the ingredients the better it is for you. Also you only need to use a tiny amount each day, I have a Clarins cream which I have used every night and it is coming up to a year since I bought it and I am still a month away from totally running out.

:)
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coolmum123 wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree:)

I have been using Clarins for many years and conscientiously adhere to their skin care regime and I am constantly told that I look 10 years younger than I actually am. I am not afraid of admitting my real age!

I think you get what you pay for.i did a beauty course a long time ago where I was told that all the companies ie Estée Lauder, ClArins, l'oreal etc have lines which are branded differently which are for sale in high st shops, eg synergie etc but are watered down.

I do believe that the more expensive the product the more concentrated the ingredients the better it is for you. Also you only need to use a tiny amount each day, I have a Clarins cream which I have used every night and it is coming up to a year since I bought it and I am still a month away from totally running out.

:)

I like you!

You make a good point, but I still cant see the point of spending lots
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like you!

You make a good point, but I still cant see the point of spending lots

You need to fond the skin care regime that works for you, but once you are on it and the compliments start flowing in it is worth the money. Also you have to be a savvy shopper, keep an eye on prices and offers, sometimes it's cheaper to buy at the airport, online etc.

Trust me it's worth it ;) especially when someone you haven't seen in a long time tells you, you don't look any different! Major ego boost!!! :D

I cant remember the last times paid full price or something! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...this is a wild guess but I'm guessing they have jobs which allows them to have a substantial disposable income.

Not true, I am a housewife on a budget. Savvy shoppers rule! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the adverts for these skin care products - airbrushed models being used are one thing, but the stats they display are superb.

'90% of 60 women agree this product blah blah blah'

Sounds better than 54 women from a population of 30 million agree I suppose :D
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,761
    Forum Member
    I pay £78 for a 59ml bottle of blue plasma from Perricone MD which is the most expensive but I use a lot of their products
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    £0.00
    ^^^
    this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pay £78 for a 59ml bottle of blue plasma from Perricone MD which is the most expensive but I use a lot of their products

I havnt heard of them, are they good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it that my mum (mid 60's) and who has never used skin care products in her life looks younger than her sister (mid 50's) who has spent thousands of pounds over the years on expensive products?
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid £70 once on some fancy crap.

Felt like a mug.:( Knew I was one at the time even, but hey).

I have to say that the mid priced ones, with the right chemicals and a good sunscreen are rather good.

I've been given a set by my Mum (buy one get one free, I do love her). And it's lovely.

I don't know that it does any more good than the Aldi stuff I normally use though.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, different people can afford different things. What you may think is a waste, others may not. I wouldn't expect someone to begrudge what I use as I would never judge someone based what they use.

I personally favour particular brands which may be considered pricey and if that makes me a susceptible fool, so be it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    When I had more spare cash I thought nothing of buying Creme de la Mer moisturiser. It smelt and felt wonderful, unlike many other products it also didn't irritate mt skin. Must have last bought it ten years ago, yet still I get sales invites and offers from the company. Makes me want to weep because I can't justify the cost now.

No. 7 products do the trick though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    £0.00

Me as well. Starting to get a bit wrinkley now though.:)
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Absolutely sod all apart from a bit of ointment for my zits when I was a spotty teenage oik.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm spending more than I'd like at the moment. I spent £9 on two bars of soap yesterday because I'm desperate to find something that won't make my eczema prone skin freak out.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I buy mine from the poundshop, moisturiser is moisturiser., It stops your skin from being dry and flaky, none of it is going to make you look younger. Stay out of the sun and pray you have good genes is the best you can do. I don't look my age but that's because I have a plump face, no other reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I'm spending more than I'd like at the moment. I spent £9 on two bars of soap yesterday because I'm desperate to find something that won't make my eczema prone skin freak out.

Don't use soap at all. Get Cetraben emollient cream. It can be used as a soap substitute. I would spent shed loads but I get my stuff in prescription as my skin us rubbish
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't use soap at all. Get Cetraben emollient cream. It can be used as a soap substitute. I would spent shed loads but I get my stuff in prescription as my skin us rubbish

I will do, thank you.

I take it from its price it's got something more going for it than aqueous cream which made my hands feel like they were on fire.