Options

Hollyoaks E4 Thread - 12/11/14

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I read there is a serial killer storyline coming up at the hospital. Could the new McQueen nurse be the killer. Whoever the killer is they will be related to others in the show.
    I noticed a mention to CT scans of the McQueens. Could one collapse tomorrow from a blood clot. Maybe Myra.
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Nico and Dodger are not matches???? Surely the mother is a match..... So Patrick is the Dad then????

I'm not a doctor but surely the mother and father are a match for their child?????

Not necessarily.

If for example you had a scenario with blood groups where Sienna was type AO and Dodger was type BO and Nico ended up being type OO (inherited an O from each parent) then neither parent would be a suitable donor match. Not saying this is the case here but it illustrates how a child isn't suitably matched to either parent. Also it would be possible for one sibling to be AO and another BO.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    gwenda wrote: »
    As a product of incest isn't Nico essentially a clone of her parents? Surely either Sienna or Dodger would be a close enough match? Unless the twist she's not actually 'Sophie'?

I don't think she would be an exact genetic clone. Sienna and Dodger are from the same gene pool so Nico won't have any genes from outside of the family but they're not clones (for one thing, Sienna's female and Dodger's male). They are twins by virtue of being in the womb at the same time.

I'm not sure how Nico could be genetically not a match for her parents. Although there must be some sort of exceptions, surely Nico only has the genes of her blood family?

I don't see the point of making Sienna and Dodger not a match; it would be a lot more dramatic if they revealed that Dodger was 'too much' of a match. Sienna could have gotten away by pretending that she didn't know the father or that the father was dead; seeing as Dodger isn't a match, it doesn't help her situation to reveal him as the father.

Of course they could have either one of two double twists. As you say, they could twist it so that Nico isn't Sophie but that doesn't explain why Patrick would be in contact with her adoptive family- and I do think we are meant to believe that Sienna is Nico's mother. Patrick already tried fobbing Sienna off with a different girl; why would he do it this time?

Alternatively they could vindicate the audience and make Patrick the dad; he did seem very concerned about Nico and getting tested, although I guess as he was living with her alone for a time he could have developed an emotional bond. Still, for a supposed 'freak of nature' it seems odd that Patrick would care so much; although I guess he's had thirteen years to come to terms with things. They could retcon Dodger out of not being the father simply by throwing in other potentials; not necessarily Patrick but could be anyone. Sienna could conceivably block out rape, certainly if it was incestuous rape.

A stretched alternative is that Patrick has contact with Nico's family because she is his love child and he's playing along with Nico being Sienna's baby in order to please her. This does seem a bit farfetched though.

I thought it was a very poor reveal and that the doctor should have revealed it rather than Sienna. Dodger's already been through the trauma of incest by believing Sienna's lie.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Plant_Pie wrote: »
    Myra looked like she was waiting for a bus

I think it's supposed to be shock.
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    Can't remember the science of it (it's been a LONG time since I took my biology A-level) but do know that parents are not necessarily matches for their children*, siblings are often a better bet (hence 'saviour' siblings) because they are more likely to share the same mix of their parents genes than the individual parents, but even with siblings there is no guarantee that one would be a match
    I'm not quite sure what effect the fact that Nico's parents are so closely related would have on any matching potential (although as non-identical twins they're no more genetically similar than any other siblings) but interestingly it could be the reason for Nico's one-kidneyedness = birth defects are much, much more common when the parents are related.

*because if that was the case, as someone else pointed out, I'm sure there'd be a lot fewer people waiting for kidney (and liver) transplants
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    Can't remember the science of it (it's been a LONG time since I took my biology A-level) but do know that parents are not necessarily matches for their children*, siblings are often a better bet (hence 'saviour' siblings) because they are more likely to share the same mix of their parents genes than the individual parents, but even with siblings there is no guarantee that one would be a match

I suppose also that Sienna and Dodger have a very closed set of genes so if Sienna isn't a match, it isn't as likely for Dodger to be a match.

Presumably Patrick is going to be a match and so they have a reason to be nice to him.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Now that Maxines baby in hollyoaks if shes looking for godparents Blessing and Dennis would make great godparents.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Carmels rosaries possessed by Carmel suddenly a saint but STILL too thick to get one of the paramedics to go and look for Maxine.

The scene telling Nana got me! Poor Dodger! Anyone that slates Danny Macs acting is an idiot. I am confused about Sienna thinking she'll get the blame "I lost control of my car" plus Maxine is a witness to clearly state that it's not Siennas fault. I don't think I can deal with Patrick for another year.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted Mercedes is going so soon. Mercedes vs Sienna is one war I'd like to watch for months on end! Bit weird that they didn't even mention Michaela or especially Jacqui. I like Celine but that bizzarre scene at the end with all the nurses - that's the future of the show :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    I don't see the point of making Sienna and Dodger not a match; it would be a lot more dramatic if they revealed that Dodger was 'too much' of a match. Sienna could have gotten away by pretending that she didn't know the father or that the father was dead; seeing as Dodger isn't a match, it doesn't help her situation to reveal him as the father.

Unless like you said the lack of match is to force a twist in Nico's parentage I think it is to force the reveal from Sienna to Dodger that he is Nico's father.

Sienna had gone from being all hell bent on telling Dodger to trying to avoid it. Dodger's rant at her for being selfish and not trying to find Nico's dad eventually forced the reveal.

I think this will result in Patrick finding out that Dodger knows and then him maybe blackmailing Dodger that if he doesn't leave Maxine alone he'll tell her about Nico being the product of his incest with Sienna. Well something along those lines, just a thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    Looks like Carmels rosaries possessed by Carmel suddenly a saint but STILL too thick to get one of the paramedics to go and look for Maxine.

Too early to tell but I wonder if all these events are going to be Theresa's epiphany in the same way that JP's rape was Robbie's?

We've already seen one scene of a selfless act where Theresa told Dodger to be with Maxine when they were at the hospital. If it wasn't for thefact she'd be leaving KA and MP alone I swear she'd be heading straight for a convent :D.
  • Options
    StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    I read there is a serial killer storyline coming up at the hospital. Could the new McQueen nurse be the killer. Whoever the killer is they will be related to others in the show.
    I noticed a mention to CT scans of the McQueens. Could one collapse tomorrow from a blood clot. Maybe Myra.
    I think this could be possible just in case the audience don't take to one of the new McQueens and for me it is likely to be Celine. She hasn't made the impact for me that Porsche has. According to spoilers she does get that job at the hospital that Lindsay, Tegan and Kim were helping her to get so it does place her there. I think other candidates could be Doctor S'avage, Sienna or even Patrick. I'm not sure who else it could be.
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure what effect the fact that Nico's parents are so closely related would have on any matching potential (although as non-identical twins they're no more genetically similar than any other siblings) but interestingly it could be the reason for Nico's one-kidneyedness = birth defects are much, much more common when the parents are related.

This is the reason I thought either Sienna or Dodger would be a match but having said that you make a very good point that their being non-identical that they're no more necessarily a match than any other set of siblings.
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    I suppose also that Sienna and Dodger have a very closed set of genes so if Sienna isn't a match, it isn't as likely for Dodger to be a match.

Presumably Patrick is going to be a match and so they have a reason to be nice to him.

As said above I would have thought the opposite on first though. They do have researchers for these things though so surely they would know what would be what in order for matches to be made.

I think Patrick will be a match too which means that Sienna will have to retract her "animal" statement in some way. Though the police may have taken the statement literally we all know what it means and Patrick certainly does.
    spikewoman wrote: »
    I think this will result in Patrick finding out that Dodger knows and then him maybe blackmailing Dodger that if he doesn't leave Maxine alone he'll tell her about Nico being the product of his incest with Sienna. Well something along those lines, just a thought.

This unfortunately is probably true, having said that would it be the worst thing having Maxine find out. Having left her for dead, there's probably very little she would think right now that couldn't make Patrick out to be any worse. It would certainly spell things out to her how certain things have played out and although it would probably shock and likely disgust her (it's not something you hear every day or expect to hear ever) but as I say it would shed a lot of light on things for her and with that information in her possession it empowers her decision to stay away from Patrick and him to stay away from her even more.

The big problem is that it will probably go the other way like you say and Patrick will take any power away from Dodger by leading him to ensure that he continues to feel as sick as he's going to feel about the whole thing meaning that if he thinks it then everyone else will too including even Maxine because he will force her to think that way if it comes out down the line (initially anyway)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spikewoman wrote: »
    Too early to tell but I wonder if all these events are going to be Theresa's epiphany in the same way that JP's rape was Robbie's?

We've already seen one scene of a selfless act where Theresa told Dodger to be with Maxine when they were at the hospital. If it wasn't for thefact she'd be leaving KA and MP alone I swear she'd be heading straight for a convent :D.

I'm not sure it will be but you never know. Theresa really surprised me in last night's episode as I would have expected she'd be the last person to find her let alone help her but at least for now she realises Dodger is off limits. The issue is for how long?
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    Gutted Mercedes is going so soon. Mercedes vs Sienna is one war I'd like to watch for months on end! Bit weird that they didn't even mention Michaela or especially Jacqui. I like Celine but that bizzarre scene at the end with all the nurses - that's the future of the show :/

I couldn't quite believe that Celine didn't work there. She was wearing an apron and helping out yet no one seemed to question her until the end when they were all together. I fear HO is going to try and create more hospital visits to allow more screen time for Kim and Lindsay Butterfield, Tegan Lomax, Dr S'avage and now Celine Macqueen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    I couldn't quite believe that Celine didn't work there. She was wearing an apron and helping out yet no one seemed to question her until the end when they were all together. I fear HO is going to try and create more hospital visits to allow more screen time for Kim and Lindsay Butterfield, Tegan Lomax, Dr S'avage and now Celine Macqueen.
    Not forgetting the 2015 hospital storyline, which I'm sure all these characters will be central to possibly bar ...

(possibly not) Lindsay so much especially in the beginning as she would be on maternity leave wouldn't she? I know she's only just been given her job back but she is entitled to it is she not??
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squirtle wrote: »
    She is naming the baby in memory of Sienna's car. Very touching.

Maxine must have been feeling exhaust-ed when she decided Minnie's name! :D
    Plant_Pie wrote: »
    Myra looked like she was waiting for a bus

She and other McQueens may feel more comfortable using buses rather than trains for a while! ;-)
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxine must have been feeling exhaust-ed when she decided Minnie's name! :D

That made me giggle :D
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole nicko story is odd in that she just turned up and stayed, no social services or police checking her out. And she needs to improve the acting skills from school nativity play quality, good job she's friends with peri, who acts a lot better
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Unless the angel of death undertakes the killing in a violent manner the only people that would be able to inject or give medicines to patients are medical staff.