Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeGjdBbXNY&sns=fb

I wonder if I [a male] will look too creepy going to watch it alone? :p

Comments

• sjamessjames Posts: 1,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fake trailer though, the film's not been made yet!
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjames wrote: »
    Fake trailer though, the film's not been made yet!

Although there has already been a film about a woman having a sadomasochistic relationship with a Mr Grey.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274812/?ref_=sr_1
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I thought some of the shots in that trailer were from Secretary as well.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    River 07 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeGjdBbXNY&sns=fb

I wonder if I [a male] will look too creepy going to watch it alone? :p

That's quite obviously fake tbh. I won't watch it but I want Lucy Hale and Ian Somerhalder to be in it :D.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    The actual movie will be as crap as the books.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The books are total crap but i have a feeling the movie might be rather good, depending who has actually written the script.

Plus i hope they don't cast big hollywood names as the two leads, because there are a few upcomers who i believe could do this film justice. Especially Elizabeth Olsen.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fify shades of cow excrement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Boomer has apparently got the role of Mr Grey.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member

Have you got a link as I would love this to true ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Have you got a link as I would love this to true ?

Ah sorry, my sister made me believe that the casting had already taken place but she was just excited over an article she saw. Thanks sis, I didn't need much help making myself look stupid. :o:D

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/7782/20130122/50-shades-of-grey-movie-casting-news-update-matt-bomer-suit-collection-amanda-seyfried-goes-brunette-perfect-christian-grey-anastasia-steele.htm

That's the article if you wish to read it.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film has been 'casting' for ages. How long does it take to cast a movie? Jeeeeeeeeez.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing's been confirmed. I don't know much about Matt Bomer but, from what I've seen of him and know of the books, he does look more suited to the part than other names being suggested.

Oddschecker has the current cast favourites as Alexis Bledel, whom I've never heard of, and Alex Pettyfer, plus Kim Cattrall as Elena Lincoln. I think it's more likely to be lesser-known actors though, as I could see such a film being a career-killer!
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    As much as i adore Matt Bomer, wouldn't it be a little weird having a homosexual as the main lead of a film like this. Although he is a very talented actor and perhaps could pull it off!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Whoever makes this will have to write an original plot in order for it to even qualify as a movie.

The book has no plot.

Three books over 1500 pages long, and nothing except boring and repetitive sex scenes and endless amounts of banal e-mails.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would only see this if i liked the casting, thiers a few guys i would love to be mr grey..
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really have no idea how it can be filmed and remain even remotely faithful to the book.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever makes this will have to write an original plot in order for it to even qualify as a movie.

The book has no plot.

Three books over 1500 pages long, and nothing except boring and repetitive sex scenes and endless amounts of banal e-mails.

That's the way I remember two of the books as well. I'd had enough by the time I had read the second one.
    Like the other poster says there is no plot. Just how this will work as a film I don't know.
    A few years ago I got into reading Martina Cole's books and tonight I watched a film of 'The Take' one of the first books I bought of Martinas's. Throughly enjoyed it!
    That worked because it was well written and there was a plot to it. I thought Fifty shades of Grey was poorly written.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Anyone else seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUq8wKIJjsg

Apparently the guy from Arrow is in 'talks' about playing Christian Grey......
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I really have no idea how it can be filmed and remain even remotely faithful to the book.

Indeed. It will never happen.

If you're a fan of the book and want a movie to watch I recommend you get "Secretary". That's as close to this genre being in a main stream movie as you're going to get.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch it if they have Johnny Vegas as Mr Grey and Kathy Burke as whoever the woman is.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    I'll watch it if they have Johnny Vegas as Mr Grey and Kathy Burke as whoever the woman is.

:D I would watch that.