BGT Ronan Parke Fix Enquiry Dropped

Comments

• FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If true then they should do Cowell and co for waste of police time.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Well it backfired

Their favorite didnt win he came second, but according to them you would think he had won
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as I thought. It was to get the media to stop talking about Cheryl Cole being sacked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    all too convenient
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,933
    Forum Member
    Sony and Syco could quite easily apply for a court order to force the website to hand over details, assuming they can show a justification for the information.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Knew this would happen.... sorry but everything Simon Cowell does seems to have a motive. It sounded like an empty threat in order to stop people asking more questions.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Sony and Syco could quite easily apply for a court order to force the website to hand over details, assuming they can show a justification for the information.

Not if they're based outside Europe, libel laws aren't really enforceable internationally, if they're American they're within their right to ignore them completely.
    Forum Member
    Not if they're based outside Europe, libel laws aren't really enforceable internationally, if they're American they're within their right to ignore them completely.

It's hosted in Germany.

I'm sure with their millions I'm sure Sony & Syco could persue the matter in most countries of the world.

A UK council recently won an order in the states to get twitter to hand over details of an account.

The speed with which JustPaste removed the email merely after a letter indicates they not put up much of a struggle?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the boy, he's only 12, but I'm so glad he didn't win. There is little evidence to suggest that the "investigation" was anything more than a rumour being spotted and used as a vehicle for bringing attention to the show.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no blog= ronan win.

whether ronan lost on purpose or the voting public lost faith and voted for someone else who knows....

....well a BGT exec knows.....

....But lets not go there :)
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And lo and behold, a certain "Nation's Sweetheart" is returning to XFUSA....

She wasn't sacked after all!

What a coincidence! Announcing this the moment BGT ends and the inquiry is dropped!

He's playing us for mugs. :mad: :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

Actually, no. Websites have to adhere to privacy laws. Why else do you think it is so difficult for record labels and film studios to take torrent websites down and reveal the downloaders?
  • TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    I'm sure if SC is so worried about this supposed leak he could always put his hand in his own pocket & get a Private investigator to do it for him...Lets face it why should we the Tax Payer pick the Tab up?,,:rolleyes:
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ludicrous manipulation by SyCo :(
    Forum Member
    Volomir wrote: »
    Actually, no. Websites have to adhere to privacy laws. Why else do you think it is so difficult for record labels and film studios to take torrent websites down and reveal the downloaders?

Notice I mentioned a court order..
    PlusNet faced criticism last week after it emerged that it had sent the personal details of more than 500 customers in an unencrypted document to ACS:Law, following a court order.

On some websites as part of the Terms & Conditions members sign up to allowing their information to be passed onto 3rd parties.

You may not be aware of the recent court case ordering Twitter to hand over details.....
    The Council claimed the stories Mr Monkey published were libelous. However, as the writer was anonymous, it was unable to take any action against him or her.

They were successful and won the blogger’s contact details, location and IP addresses, making links of four accounts associated with Mr Monkey and his potentially libellous commentary.
    Forum Member
    Here's a quote from Simon's statement
    "Syco/Sony Music will not hesitate to take whatever legal action is appropriate to prevent further publication of these unfounded allegations.”

If they don't persue a court order for details from 'JustPaste.It' shows they were just hyping it all up?
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whether ronan lost on purpose or the voting public lost faith and voted for someone else who knows....

....... or maybe he was just beaten by a better singer. What a random idea! :rolleyes:
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At every opportunity Simon Cowell has attempted to push criticism of BGT onto the shoulders of a 12 year old.

He has constantly pretended that the focus of comments that included Ronan were not about BGT, but were a personal attack on Ronan.

He could have taken the flak on himself of course. But he choose not to. And in fact he made things worse for Ronan with his behavior.

It's like those celebs who said they were seeking an injunction to protect their families privacy when in reality it was all about them. They were just pretending to be looking out for their family as an excuse.
    Forum Member
    When I searched....'Simon Cowell annoucement' over just the past 6 months he seems unable say anything without it being described as 'big, 'dramatic', 'sensational', 'significant' or 'extra special'.

Has he gone so far the public and surprisingly the media are fed up with him treating them like puppets?
  • Eloise TardellaEloise Tardella Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh how convenient. :rolleyes:
  • derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll all be forgotten about by the time XF hits our screens.:p
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I dont believe anything Cowell says

its all smoke and mirrors
  • MankoManko Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they can hardly investigate that BGT was fixed for Ronan to win when he didn't win can they. Would hardly stand up in court.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,581
    Forum Member
    I dont believe anything Cowell says

its all smoke and mirrors

Oh come on - he predicted that there would be a 'surprise result'! Wonder how he knew that? :p

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall after the blogger's allegations hit the net, and been privy to the frantic discussions by SC & Co on how to deal with the situation. They obviously decided that Ronan could not win and I suspect he was coached on how to re-act. But there was no evident joy from any of the judges at Jai's win, and the after show on ITV2 was an utter disgrace in the way they treated Jai to a 30second interview, yet constantly brought Ronan's name into conversations.
    Simon Cowell does not take losing gracefully. :mad:
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Oh come on - he predicted that there would be a 'surprise result'! Wonder how he knew that? :p

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall after the blogger's allegations hit the net, and been privy to the frantic discussions by SC & Co on how to deal with the situation. They obviously decided that Ronan could not win and I suspect he was coached on how to re-act. But there was no evident joy from any of the judges at Jai's win, and the after show on ITV2 was an utter disgrace in the way they treated Jai to a 30second interview, yet constantly brought Ronan's name into conversations.
    Simon Cowell does not take losing gracefully. :mad:

Aye and Amanda and said to Jai before he won that she thought he was going to be the dark horse in this competition.