Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the ending and was in floods
    What a beautiful scene though at the end, the silhouettes of Julia and Martin walking into the moonlight
  • pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Chloe cut her finger on, i could not see what was on the floor?

it was a 'stanley knife'
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    Don't tell anyone but i had a Tear in my Eye

That was one (if not) the most emotional episode of Doctors i have ever seen.
    Julia is my favourite Doctors Character and i think she has been the centre of the show for such along time it's going to be hard without her.

Nice scenes with Jimmi and i loved how he supported her because let's face it Julia was more of a freind than a boss
    She helped them all through their problems and as pointed out she always managed to give everyone a second Chance

I thought the scene with Mrs Tembe calling her Julia was quite moving and it was good to see everyone from the Mill being able to attend her farewell party

Nice to have Julia locking up for the last time and walking off into the Mist with Martin.

It's going to be hard to understand that as of now i've watched the show longer than any of the characters that's been in it

Jimmi is now the longest Serving Member of the cast and i hope he sticks around. He should be made a partner now.

Fantastic episode....Fitting end to a legend 10/10:)
    Julia will be missed

Looking forward to the start of the New Era on Monday.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Not seen todays episode yet have to catch up on iplayer. Looks like Howard is going to be giving them all a good shake up going by the spoilers. Can't wait. :D
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Don't tell anyone but i had a Tear in my Eye

Shhhhhh! :D So did I. We'll keep our little secret ;)
    Forum Member
    Not seen todays episode yet have to catch up on iplayer. Looks like Howard is going to be giving them all a good shake up going by the spoilers. Can't wait. :D
    I was a bit surprised just reading those because a week on Monday Julia is apparently away on a cruise with Martin, and I thought she had to start her new job immediately because the hospital was going to implode without her :confused:
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I was a bit surprised just reading those because a week on Monday Julia is apparently away on a cruise with Martin, and I thought she had to start her new job immediately because the hospital was going to implode without her :confused:
    Oh when has soemthing thats happened previously ever got in the way of a good plotline in Doctors :D I can see Elain and Howard ending up as a couple. following the usualLizzie and mr Darcy format :D
  • sinopia_rossasinopia_rossa Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes of course. You move house to a completely new part of the country and you go off on a cruise. Classic.
    Forum Member

I agree having now seen the last episode, it does seem very strange that should happen lol.

She got away with calling Mrs Tembe Winnifred :eek: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Saw the ending and was in floods
    What a beautiful scene though at the end, the silhouettes of Julia and Martin walking into the moonlight

So was I, brought a tear to my eye!! I's going to be hard to replace her!!
    :cry:
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,561
    Forum Member
    Julia's exit wasn't bad. I noticed that they had the song from the film Magnolia in it, "it's not gonna stop". That song made me giggle when I saw the film, think it was because all the actors all sang that bit and I started thinking about other things that where not stopping in the film or something but anyway, maybe they could have got the rest of the Doctors cast to reinact those singing scenes too! :D

That ending almost felt like the whole programme was coming to an end.

QUOTE=gkmacca;58278765]I quite agree. And the dramatic car crash was pretty much a waste of money seeing as they were back larking around within a few days as if they'd just fallen off their bikes. If anything I think Doctors usually drags out plots for too long, but this is the absolute opposite and it isn't a fitting way for Diane Keen to go.[/QUOTE]

The car crash must have been the catalyst for making Julia see things in a different light even though it was the wrong "light". She should have stayed put still or retired and stayed in Letherbridge and maybe have moved in with Martin later on.

Heston was right when he said that he rushed in too quick with Marina and he thouhght Julia was doing the same etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite disappointed with Friday's episode. Julia's exit felt too rushed, yes she has given the doctors time off etc, but she wanted to leave for good with no notice, when she is the manager, I didn't think that was very realistic, especially considering how quickly the hospital responded to her job application/wanted her to start (not even a CRB check first :p).

I could never take to Martin, and just found him creepy, so I couldn't get emotional about Julia leaving (although I wasn't a huge fan of hers anyway) because I'm glad to see the back of him!
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with it how did she get the job back so quickly. In the real world that wouldn't happen so easily, but I forgot this was Julia's World!!! So pleased Jimmi stuck by her, the others were a bit childish. can't wait for the 'new broom'. I wonder how many friends he has.;)
    Forum Member
    Shhhhhh! :D So did I. We'll keep our little secret ;)
    Yeah we will:D
    Forum Member
    Has Julia given up her shares in the practice too? I remember she either bought Mac's shares or he gave them to her as part of their divorce settlement. Or is it just the role of practice manager she's given up? I'm just thinking that for as long as Julia has shares/is a partner in the practice then she still has ties to Letherbridge (ok she's unlikely to come back I know). Unless we'll hear she's sold her share to the new guy or something over the next few weeks.

It's amazing when you think how many characters Julia has seen come and go over the years. I just hope Jimmi isn't planning to leave next. Who is senior after Jimmi anyway? Daniel?
    Forum Member
    Has Julia given up her shares in the practice too? I remember she either bought Mac's shares or he gave them to her as part of their divorce settlement. Or is it just the role of practice manager she's given up? I'm just thinking that for as long as Julia has shares/is a partner in the practice then she still has ties to Letherbridge (ok she's unlikely to come back I know). Unless we'll hear she's sold her share to the new guy or something over the next few weeks.

It's amazing when you think how many characters Julia has seen come and go over the years. I just hope Jimmi isn't planning to leave next. Who is senior after Jimmi anyway? Daniel?
    No she said on Friday she's going to keep her share there...she doesn't want to drop the Partners in it (or something to that effect)
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    No she said on Friday she's going to keep her share there...she doesn't want to drop the Partners in it (or something to that effect)

Thanks. I missed that bit.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,561
    Forum Member
    If Diane Keen ever fancies a return to Doctors, they could use her still being a partner as a way of bringing her back but I doubt she will come back but it would be great and good to see her make some special return appearances, I mean why not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    If Diane Keen ever fancies a return to Doctors, they could use her still being a partner as a way of bringing her back but I doubt she will come back but it would be great and good to see her make some special return appearances, I mean why not?

I agree it would be lovely to see her pop back from time to time, just to let us viewers know she's happy ! I mean why not,Joe Fenton came over for a visit from the US not so long ago so I don't see why Julia couldn't make the trip from Wales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou65 wrote: »
    I agree it would be lovely to see her pop back from time to time, just to let us viewers know she's happy ! I mean why not,Joe Fenton came over for a visit from the US not so long ago so I don't see why Julia couldn't make the trip from Wales.

I'm sure she will, she wouldn't want to forget all her old friends she has there would she!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    I'm sure she will, she wouldn't want to forget all her old friends she has there would she!! :D

knowing julia shes probably already found shes living two hills down from most of the people she was at uni with
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    knowing julia shes probably already found shes living two hills down from most of the people she was at uni with

Maybe that's why she left in such a rush - if all of her old friends got wind that she was leaving for North Wales, Julia would still be saying goodbye to her mates come Christmas 2014!

I wouldn't be too surprised if Julia's goes to the corner shop in Wales and finds out it's run by somebody she went to school with whom she's not seen in ages, but never mentioned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that's why she left in such a rush - if all of her old friends got wind that she was leaving for North Wales, Julia would still be saying goodbye to her mates come Christmas 2014!

I wouldn't be too surprised if Julia's goes to the corner shop in Wales and finds out it's run by somebody she went to school with whom she's not seen in ages, but never mentioned.

I forsee a spinoff series ,the many friends of Julia , unlike the read series which is about to be renamed the many friends of dorothy apparently :D
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »

I suppose it all depends on how her career goes post Doctors though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I forsee a spinoff series ,the many friends of Julia , unlike the read series which is about to be renamed the many friends of dorothy apparently :D

Good idea , with guest appearences from Ruth and Charlie.
This discussion has been closed.