Options

Nokia or Samsung menu - which do you prefer?

pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
Forum Member
Which do you prefer the Nokia or Samsung menu?

I reckon Nokia's have got the best designed menu.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Nokia for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Nokia, easy to understand and use
  • Options
    mjpalinmjpalin Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    definitely Nokia! Tried many others, and always end up coming back
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    Definitely Nokia, far more straightforward.
  • Options
    duckapluckduckapluck Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously it depends what you are used to so sorry its samsung her but not because i think nokias are rubbish its just my preference :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Doesn't this kind of depend on what platform Nokia/Samsung we are talking about?

I mean:

Nokia 1 (Generation 6230i and below) was very very good - easily navigatable, but then phones weren't that advanced.

Nokia S60 (Smartphone Symbian OS) can be a complete nightmare if you are new to it. For example, give the phone to someone who's never used it before and ask them to turn on/off the task panel on the main display of the phone (actually called 'Active Standby' - but who would know that?!). The S60 is also often criticised for being slow and a little bit unstable - and it's true to a certain extent.

Samsungs on the other hand seem to have a quite fluid menu system. But this is because of the fact that it's not a smartphone. Therefore it's responsive and fast and reliable. They don't crash very often.

I happen to use a N73, although I've probably been through the lot. Smartphones are great if you know what you can do with them, otherwise you should probably go for Samsung/SonyEricsson just for the speed of the interface and reliability too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Sony Ericsson
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nokia is better then Samsung but Sony Ericsson is better then both of them.
  • Options
    ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nokia all the way
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with k@i. The first gen Nokias (like the 3210 and 3310) have very, very easy to use menus. Yet when I tried to use my friends new-ish Nokia.. I couldn't find my way around it at all. :|

I'll have to go with Samsung on this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    series 40 menus are fairly easy - prefer nokias to samsungs any day, Nothing beats the earlier nokia menus (3210, 3310,3410,3510 etc)
  • Options
    pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    bluechang wrote: »
    series 40 menus are fairly easy - prefer nokias to samsungs any day, Nothing beats the earlier nokia menus (3210, 3310,3410,3510 etc)

I had a 3510i (before buying a Sagem MyX-7, Motorola V550 and Nokia 6230i :D).

I thought the menu was really easy to get around and I also liked the keypad on the phone.
  • Options
    DeanparkrDeanparkr Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I prefer the Motorola menu layout - its a great layout for first time users...

I never got on with Samsung menu's.. it didnt realy make sense without practice.

Nokia menus are fine, but were muh better on thier older phones - very easy.

Sony have some pretty cool modern menu systems