Options

Mobile phone with Wifi.

LEPLEP Posts: 1,237
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are there any mobile phones that have wifi for under 150 pounds on a PAYG. Probally a long shot because I havent seen any advertised.

Comments

• Options
    steve_ludwigsteve_ludwig Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LEP wrote:
    Are there any mobile phones that have wifi for under 150 pounds on a PAYG. Probally a long shot because I havent seen any advertised.

Motorola MPX 300...probably get a unlocked one off ebay for 130 - 150.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Mate SP5M has wifi but its £300! Bought one 2nd hand for £220.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=125726
  • Options
    LEPLEP Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have done a search on Ebay and have found a few but there all from China and when I do a search they all seem to be fraud.
  • Options
    Fall Out BoyFall Out Boy Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are allegedly SD cards which can be placed in i-mate phones (I believe they're branded T-Mobile MDA) which will act as a wi-fi network adapter.

Never managed to track one down, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you have wireless is it so you can connect to the internet in say a caf or service station and have free internet etc and is it normall internet? would the phones support java etc so i can check hotmail.

thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are allegedly SD cards which can be placed in i-mate phones (I believe they're branded T-Mobile MDA) which will act as a wi-fi network adapter.

Never managed to track one down, though.

You can place wifi sd cars in most devices which support SDIO

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=121110&partner=froogle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZackBCFC wrote:
    if you have wireless is it so you can connect to the internet in say a caf or service station and have free internet etc and is it normall internet? would the phones support java etc so i can check hotmail.

thanks

Well its for many reasons, but yes you can access the internet/email using the service. I believe starbucks and many pubs now have a wifi hotspot so its fairly widespread now, except rurally.

Java is built into most pda type devices (eg the motorola mpx300).......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Any opinions on the BT Fusion Plus Handsets, other than you cant get the Samsung P200
  • Options
    the lord gthe lord g Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Delboy01 wrote: »
    Any opinions on the BT Fusion Plus Handsets, other than you cant get the Samsung P200

bt fusion works fine but they only have three hand sets at the moment