Options

Will Sia Ever Tour?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
Forum Member
I'm a huge fan and would love to see her live at her own show but do we think Sia will ever tour the UK?

I know she has announced a few festival appearances but I would love for her to do her own headlining tour.

Comments

• Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure the way Sia sings is conducive to touring. She really does put her vocal chords through Hell. Much like Adele before surgery.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see her live too

Maybe she isn't fond of touring
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross4491 wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan and would love to see her live at her own show but do we think Sia will ever tour the UK?

I know she has announced a few festival appearances but I would love for her to do her own headlining tour.

There's an interview on YouTube which says she has it written into her contract with her record label that she doesn't have to tour. I believe she suffers from stage fright which is why she does so few appearances and when she does she hides herself with wigs etc.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    For some reason I cant see her touring
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I agree with the person who says that she puts a lot of strain on her voice. You can hear it cracking in some of her music.
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    There's an interview on YouTube which says she has it written into her contract with her record label that she doesn't have to tour. I believe she suffers from stage fright which is why she does so few appearances and when she does she hides herself with wigs etc.

That's interesting :)
    For some reason I cant see her touring

Me neither.
  • Options
    Stephen_MillerStephen_Miller Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I've a feeling she'll do the iTunes festival in September but that's as close as we'll get to her doing her own set in the UK I reckon. I know she hates traveling and to be honest I'm just pleased she does what she wants, rather than obligated.

But yes, if she did tour the UK I'd be the first in queue. bloody love the woman.
  • Options
    rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, who? Never heard of her!
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rob_knight wrote: »
    Then why did you click the thread? What interested you about whether she'll tour or not if you've never heard of her? (rolls eyes)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a Sia tour would be fun.....they could easily overcome her stage fright issue by having her sing offstage out of view of the audience but then have mini "clones" of her miming and dancing onstage:)
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

T'internet is truly a wondous place. Where else do people seem perfectly happy to not only publicise their complete lack of knowledge but also actually revel in it? It's bizarre.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP asked if Sia will ever tour the UK, there's no UK dates at the moment but she is doing a small tour in the US and Europe, according to her website.

She's due to appear at the V Festival this year if anyone wants to see her live.

There's also this DVD: TV Is My Parent if anyone wants to see her singing some of her older songs live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP asked if Sia will ever tour the UK, there's no UK dates at the moment but she is doing a small tour in the US and Europe, according to her website.

She's due to appear at the V Festival this year if anyone wants to see her live.

There's also this DVD: TV Is My Parent if anyone wants to see her singing some of her older songs live.

That's not a tour. It's various festivals etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not a tour. It's various festivals etc.

Oh yeah, can see that now when looking at the venue names. They were listed under 'TOUR' so I assumed it was a tour. :blush:

At least she is performing live.
  • Options
    rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Then why did you click the thread? What interested you about whether she'll tour or not if you've never heard of her? (rolls eyes)

So because I've not heard of this person under discussion before I'm obviously not allowed to read the thread in order to investigate and try and find out something about them then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So because I've not heard of this person under discussion before I'm obviously not allowed to read the thread in order to investigate and try and find out something about them then.

But you never mentioned any of that, you just said "Sorry, who? Never heard of her!", which came across as ignorant and dismissive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently Sia is considering touring after her Coachella (set 2) performance this weekend.

Just to add, I ripped the audio from her first set last weekend and made it into a little EP thingy, I know some guys like live audio so if you want the download link just PM me :)
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    T'internet is truly a wondous place. Where else do people seem perfectly happy to not only publicise their complete lack of knowledge but also actually revel in it? It's bizarre.
    T'internet is truly wonderous, for 'tis though through this site that I heard of her a couple of weeks ago. I'd never heard of her anywhere else though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Sia is considering touring after her Coachella (set 2) performance this weekend.

Just to add, I ripped the audio from her first set last weekend and made it into a little EP thingy, I know some guys like live audio so if you want the download link just PM me :)

Really? Where have you heard that? On Howard Stern, she said it's written in her contract with her label she doesn't have to tour.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Where have you heard that? On Howard Stern, she said it's written in her contract with her label she doesn't have to tour.
    It's not like she can't choose to gig on her own time, a show here, a show there, she's just not contractually required to
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    It's not like she can't choose to gig on her own time, a show here, a show there, she's just not contractually required to

Yes, that's exactly what she's doing now, but she explicitly stated she doesn't want to do a proper tour. Guest appearances at festivals isn't the same as a tour.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's exactly what she's doing now, but she explicitly stated she doesn't want to do a proper tour. Guest appearances at festivals isn't the same as a tour.
    Sure, I agree with that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having watched her amazing Coachella set, I was thinking how great a tour would be, with the dancers and the backdrop movie thing she created. It'd be great.

She's kinda like the non-star star of her own show lol
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it all comes down to whether she thinks she safe to return to that world without falling into the trap that led her to leave it (depression, alcohol, drugs).

It's kind of ironic that she consciously decided to give up her job as 'performer' to become a songwriter for others but that job has then gone on and pushed the 'performer' into the limelight more than ever.
  • Options
    jack_marsdinjack_marsdin Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    She has an announcement tomorrow, hopefully European tour!