Options

ERASURE! Best and worst album?

Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
Forum Member
✭✭✭
2016 marks the 30th anniversary for Erasure, so I was just wondering which album's are considered the best and worst by DS readers.

Wonderland
The Circus
The Innocents
Wild
Chorus
I Say I Say I Say
Erasure
Cowboy
Loveboat
Nightbird
Light At The End Of The World
Tomorrows World
Violet Flame

Best: The Innocents". Every track bar "Sixty Five Thousand" is single worthy, Love it.
Worst: "Loveboat". Horrible album. I don't know what Vince and Andy were thinking when they made that.

Your views?

Comments

• Options
    MoFoHoMoFoHo Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    2016 marks the 30th anniversary for Erasure, so I was just wondering which album's are considered the best and worst by DS readers.

Wonderland
    The Circus
    The Innocents
    Wild
    Chorus
    I Say I Say I Say
    Erasure
    Cowboy
    Loveboat
    Nightbird
    Light At The End Of The World
    Tomorrows World
    Violet Flame

Best: The Innocents". Every track bar "Sixty Five Thousand" is single worthy, Love it.
    Worst: "Loveboat". Horrible album. I don't know what Vince and Andy were thinking when they made that.

Your views?

Blimey, I didn't know they'd made so many albums! I've only really heard the 5 on that list!

My fave of the ones I've heard: The Innocents. It's fab.
  • Options
    manlovemanlove Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    01 The Innocents
    02 The Circus
    03 Nightbird
    04 Chorus
    05 Wild!
    06 Erasure
    07 Tomorrows World
    08 Wonderland
    09 The Violent Flame
    10 I Say I Say I Say
    11 Cowboy
    12 Light At The End Of The World
    13 Loveboat
  • Options
    ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great gay synth pop but surely by the time they released Always they'd become a parody of themselves. So their early albums.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went off them after 'Wild!' so have only heard their first four albums.

'The Innocents' was good but the 'The Circus' is probably my favourite with 'Wonderland' coming in a close second.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    The circus and the innocents are my favourite erasure albums, I like most of their albums special mention wild!, light at the end of the world, chours and loveboat (which isn't getting any love).

Least favourite has to be other people's songs but as that's not on the list it would be cowboy, I also don't rate the last two albums.

Andy and vince started work on the new album last week so I'm hoping for an album early next year and a tour, please.

And gay synth pop what is that is about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Forgot to say earlier, I also really like Union Street.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Wonderland" is such an underrated album. I think the only song i'm not to keen on is "My Heart So Blue"...everything else is great.

Cloudy...I'm surprised you didn't think much of the "The Violet Flame". I thought it was the best they'd done in years.

Can't wait for the new album. Anyone know if Richard X is working with them again?
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first 3 albums & Crackers International EP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Wonderland" is such an underrated album. I think the only song i'm not to keen on is "My Heart So Blue"...everything else is great.

Cloudy...I'm surprised you didn't think much of the "The Violet Flame". I thought it was the best they'd done in years.

Can't wait for the new album. Anyone know if Richard X is working with them again?

Don't know about producers, first writing session went well but then the Erasure newsletter would say that.
  • Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Chorus is still my favorite. They switched to the Roland MC-4 and fully analog synths for that album and completely changed their sound.

The Roland MC-4 couldn't sequence chords, which is why every song on that album is full of arpeggios.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Don't know about producers, first writing session went well but then the Erasure newsletter would say that.

True...

Do you think it'll be out this year?