Options

Kylie Minogue Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking. If she performs on the semi final of The Voice as The Sun is reporting then we haven't got long to wait for the new single!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More, More, More one of her finest tracks LY and Fever the two albums where she got the tracklisting just right.

And i know unless she reveals another orchestral ?
  • Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh Light years arrived as well.

I am loving the mystery of K25 as well. I hope we see more of the Abbey road sessions. We have seen two but it;s been ages since the last one was premiered.

I think they've stopped putting more Abbey Road videos up for the time being because her orchestral album has been pushed back for release in the autumn. This is why we've been getting videos from the Anti-Tour instead.
    X came today. Such stunning pics in the booklet

There are some fantastic visuals from the "X" period. I especially like the front and back cover of the tour edition of "X".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    More, More, More one of her finest tracks LY and Fever the two albums where she got the tracklisting just right.

And i know unless she reveals another orchestral ?

"Fever" was such a perfect period in her career. My only complaint regarding the album is that "Tightrope" should have replaced "Give It to Me".

"Fragile" is one of my absolute favourite Kylie songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Fever" was such a perfect period in her career. My only complaint regarding the album is that "Tightrope" should have replaced "Give It to Me".

"Fragile" is one of my absolute favourite Kylie songs.

No not even give it to me which is rubbish it fits the labum for me is two halfs the cold electro up to CITMW then the more post disco end from dancefloor i also love Whenever you feel like it from that period as well as Rendevouzs at sunset.

and Fragile is stunning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not even give it to me which is rubbish it fits the labum for me is two halfs the cold electro up to CITMW then the more post disco end from dancefloor i also love Whenever you feel like it from that period as well as Rendevouzs at sunset.

and Fragile is stunning.

"Whenever You Feel Like It" is a great song.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: she could release a great b-sides album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know she has some criminally underrated and neglected songs out there that need a second look then a remaster then release on a b-sides :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she has some criminally underrated and neglected songs out there that need a second look then a remaster then release on a b-sides :p

Harmony (ironically also from the Fever era) is stunning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not too sure on harmony i always preffered Tightrope, Rendevouzs is also a favourite and as for the X era these are amazing and should have been on there:

Ripping up the disco
    Magnetic Electric
    Cherry Bomb
    Ruffle My Feathers (remindsme of i feel love)
    White Diamond (ballad version)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I tried adding this to my other post but the editing time had expired.

I agree about "Give It to Me" fitting the style of the album. The album as a whole plays really well from start to finish, is cohesive and a great listen. I just personally think GITM is a bit of a dud (the only one on there) and would have swapped it with "Tightrope" in a heart beat. I guess the most important thing is it's a strong album from start to finish. I agree about it having almost two halves to it, moving from the electro sound to a more disco inspired sound towards the end. Kylie can't help but show her admiration for those disco divas and their inspiration on her music. I have such fond memories of that period.

"Love Affair" is another track that could have been a hit single. Gorgeous song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes give it to me is the only dud but as you said as fever flows so well Tightrope would have disrupted it and yes the last four tracks are brilliant Your Love, burning up, love affar, dancefloor all should have had a chance as fifth and final single.

i think to an extent x flows as well but there are a few omissions that could have replaced others but again the album fits so well perhaps not every song has its place and for a reason only KM herself knows.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ultimate Kylie has arrived

Oh i love Give it to me, Not a dud for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sensitized from X was supposed to be on Body Language but got kept back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :
    Sensitized from X was supposed to be on Body Language but got kept back.

Love Sensitized, I think it would have fitted brilliantly on Body Language! It would have been the perfect sequel to the equally sensual and eternal TUNE Slow!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think thats why i love Sensitized on X....Body Language is by far my fave Kylie album. 2003 was a very underrated year for Pop music/culture tbh.

On relisten...i know i may be slated for this on here....but i really am not all that much for X as an album....whereas while APhrodite does have dated sounds/recycled Kylie stamps...its much more concise and euphoric to replay again and again in the summer time....which reminded me of Fever too...i love repeating that too. I mean fever is like Kylie by way of Daft Punk.

I mean she took elements of what was going on in Dance/Pop that time (1997 - 2001) and she put her own stamp on it...i think thats why i rank it highly too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Body Language its not as bad an album as people say its like a refreshed Lets get to it with added Electro i like R&B Kylie very much.

And i love X by far her most interesting and unique album released during the noughties i love it as it was not what anyone expected and ushered back in electro nicely.

And Fever is a given one of the most defining and icon pop records ever its as perfect as dance/electro/post disco can get.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that is where tastes differ with me and Kylie tbh...i love it when she speaks more honestly and doesnt "hold back" or do a Mariah and speak with minimal clothes through songs only...if that makes sense.

And for me that is where BL really shone and to me is her most perfect album because it incorporated so many layers within an album. Whereas Fever, Aphrodite i feel are good overall but dont have anything (bar of course one of the biggest songs of the millenium for Fever) necessarily that grasps me emotionally or anything....BUT having said that its Kylie :cool:

But again it is all down to tastes and stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True the way i look at most of her noughties output is her using her new found inventiveness and willingness to experiment from the 90's and brought it to the dancefloor which is why for me LY, Bl, X are her best because its adventerous Kylie whereas Fever and Aphrodite Kylie by numbers except fever was cold cool and sexy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Body Language is one of my favourite Kylie albums too. I much prefer it to Light Years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Light Years does it for me more she seemed to be at her best making it like she ahd aired her demons and wanted to channel her inner disco queen and it worked flawlessly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Light Years does it for me more she seemed to be at her best making it like she ahd aired her demons and wanted to channel her inner disco queen and it worked flawlessly.

After I saw the X tour i wanted nothing more than a studio version of Copacabana to put on my ipod after loveboat :D
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Light Years is definitely one of my top Kylie albums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like her rendition of Physical epic Kylie always does awesome covers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could never listen to Physical on the bus because the last 20 seconds is basically Kylie oohing and moaning :D

Love it though, pure filth in a good way!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha see she was channelling donna summer right there :p