Options

why was Janet so successful and not Latoya?

mystery23mystery23 Posts: 1,110
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Latoya released music for ages but never really had much success where as Janet became one of the biggest singers ever. Do you think Latoya could have been more successful?

Comments

• Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janet was succesful due to jam and lewis. her first couple of albums flopped but jam and lewis were making hits and got involved and control was a hit. latoya's music flopped but she went down the playboy route and then all sorts of other nonsense like her pschic hotline or whatever

i'm surprised that the MJ and jam and lewis stuff didn't work half as well as janet. i would have thought they could have made some great stuff together. imagine an MJ album similar to control or one similar to RN
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet's actually a good performer, whereas Latoya is nothing but a fame vampire with a bad facelift.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet had better producers and writers.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latoya Jackson was a very promising act , but her chances were sabotaged by her then manager . He brain washed , drugged , mentally , emotionally , and phsycically abused latoya for years . He made her the most hated Jackson. She was a cash cow to him .

Fortunately, she was able to escape but her profile has been ruined . Public have sadly written her off.

In reality she's a sweet woman with a great heart .
  • Options
    BasilRathbonBasilRathbon Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mystery23 wrote: »
    why was Janet so successful and not Latoya?

Because Latoya was actually Michel Jackson in drag? ;)
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Latoya :--) she's so sweet and it's sad that she's had a hard life
  • Options
    Theo RoseTheo Rose Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Letoya is really misunderstood. She isn't the strongest singer but there was sweet innocence about her. Which is probably why her ex husband was able to manipulate her to the extent he did. She had very bad time with him.

This was one of her more recent attempts at music but nothing ever came from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3MwY10FZM

Its super camp but fab :P
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are we not including Rebbie the other Jackson sister, as well in this discussion?