EE storyline rewrites

2»

Comments

• thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we just re-write better stuff like make Pat's death not happen? Get Joey in the shower, for the fans, and have him wake up from wherever he came from in the year 2010.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a press release from lorraine in july. Dtc was still at his old job then

They would have given Newman more than a month's notice that her contract wasn't being renewed, these kind of things are decided months in advance. Besides, she was only ever supposed to be a temporary replacement, they probably always intended for DTC to take over yet he wasn't available on a full time basis until recently.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    They would have given Newman more than a month's notice that her contract wasn't being renewed, these kind of things are decided months in advance. Besides, she was only ever supposed to be a temporary replacement, they probably always intended for DTC to take over yet he wasn't available on a full time basis until recently.

i dont think that was the case. im sure he tweeted when he was starting work at elstree again. why would he do that if hed already been in. i think lorraine pulled her fingers out when they got nothing at the bsa;s
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think that was the case. im sure he tweeted when he was starting work at elstree again. why would he do that if hed already been in. i think lorraine pulled her fingers out when they got nothing at the bsa;s

It was more a case of the BBC pulling their fingers out over Newman. DTC was contacted earlier than July to takeover EastEnders. Lorraine Newman isn't a creative so she wouldn't suddenly have turned around quailty. Plans were in place to get Newman out and return the show to former glories.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    It was more a case of the BBC pulling their fingers out over Newman. DTC was contacted earlier than July to takeover EastEnders. Lorraine Newman isn't a creative so she wouldn't suddenly have turned around quailty. Plans were in place to get Newman out and return the show to former glories.

She did do the eps at the end of kats affair
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did do the eps at the end of kats affair

Not enough good ones followed. It was promising then interest and the audience fell away again. Was another false dawn for the show sadly.