Options

General Ident Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    I know this is a bbc one and two related thread but has anything been said about the offering for itv regarding their christmas idents. I hope they arent going to recycle the santas again. ITVs Christmas idents have been well and truly awful in recent years. I dont expect anything better this year

Itv Be. snow ident has appeared this morning.
    http://youtu.be/Yfu3dzZZW80?list=UUvamcxDMvcCGQoHQ0gQ4VZA
  • Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,952
    Forum Member
    ITV used the Santas before the programme at 12.25. I imagine all ITV channels Christmas idents are on from today.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    A Christmas trailer for Professor Branestawm on BBC1. Look at that nice endboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK3spdSlVIU&feature

Looks like I got over excited by the tweets on Tuesday. Its the same presentation style as always but with the beautiful trees in the clearing setting. We know the ident features children so I imagine we'll have a load of cherubic kids running round in the clearing in the magical forest. Only a few hours to the reveal. Unfortunately I'm out from 5 all evening so won't see them till very late tonight....!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few more bbc1 trails on the bbc1 YouTube page.

Includes a northern favourites festive one which presumably will air in the north of the country. Oddly it features citizen Khan. Never really considered Brum as "north"...
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiomike wrote: »
    ITV used the Santas before the programme at 12.25. I imagine all ITV channels Christmas idents are on from today.
    So not much effort by itv then. Same awful itv christmas idents as last year
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long until Christmas comes to BBC1. Will we all be underwhelmed? Disappointed? Or will we be so excited we fall over and break our legs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Not long until Christmas comes to BBC1. Will we all be underwhelmed? Disappointed? Or will we be so excited we fall over and break our legs?
    I can hardly contain my excitement. With respect how anyone can get excited about an christmas ident is beyond me tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    With respect how anyone can get excited about an christmas ident is beyond me tbh

Because, in the famous words of Noddy Holder, IT'S CHHHHRRRIIISSSSTTTMMMAAASSS!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that was all,,,,,,,,,,a total waste of time.
  • Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,952
    Forum Member
    Well, that was all,,,,,,,,,,a total waste of time.

It seems it is being unveiled after Strictly...
  • Options
    LogopolisLogopolis Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas idents were on after Strictly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! A proper Christmassy Ident! Proper good! Me like! Me like very much!
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good ident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they were good but not as good as the 1 era at the beginning of the nineties or the COW or revolving globe of the eighties. And certainly better than itv
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    It's a great start to BBC One's Christmas presentation this year, a good ident even if it was programme related I am sure there will be a few more to come..I like it a lot, way better than anything we have had in the last 4 years!!
  • Options
    GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too!::)
  • Options
    BadSignalBadSignal Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    YES YES YES At last a Christmas ident i really like from the Beeb, They made great one in the past but i did not like last years one at all, This years ident is a huge improvement
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught the one before Casualty, where you saw 3 people walk out of a forest with a Christmas Tree, and tgen the BBC circle had trees around it, and the tune of you dont know what its liKe in background
  • Options
    LinusJLinusJ Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    What a great ident! Love it when the BBC goes for live-action elements.

http://www.christmasuk.org/entry_4364
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Music from You Dont know what its like, I gurss it is because, they are saying you dont know what tge udents are like.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great Christmas ident on BBC1, the best since 2010.

The endboards remind me of 2010 with day and night versions and the idents themselves remind me of the feel of Snowball. The music is lovely! I wish the Doctor Who variant had a long form up like Bake Off and Strictly. Also it's odd to have a Strictly one when it's on BBC2 over Christmas.!

But overall a very good Christmas ident for BBC1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the endboards not exactly wowed by the ident. Don't like the circle of trees. Looks more wintry than xmassy. Lacks the impact of the endboard tree scene.

Have only seen the one before Atlantis and the short form presumably serious one that aired before Andrew Marr. Perhaps I need to see the variants.
  • Options
    SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Three were using their Christmas pres (understandably the same as last year's) into Family Guy last night. Have BBC Four brought trusty old frosty-panels out of the cupboard for a tenth year? That's gotta be a record-holder as festive IDs go...
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Also it's odd to have a Strictly one when it's on BBC2 over Christmas

It's on BBC One.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Love the endboards not exactly wowed by the ident. Don't like the circle of trees. Looks more wintry than xmassy. Lacks the impact of the endboard tree scene.

Have only seen the one before Atlantis and the short form presumably serious one that aired before Andrew Marr. Perhaps I need to see the variants.

BIB- I disagree with your first point as the trees are covered in lights so I think they look more Christmassy than wintry.

However I do agree that the impact of the endboards is greater than the ident itself.