Options

Charlie Hebbo given 'Islamophobe of the Year Award'

Comments

• Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    I don't like or dislike any religion. I'm just interested.

You like to sit on the fence.
  • Options
    The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jclock66 wrote: »
    The winners should be proud. :)

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You like to sit on the fence.

If you like. What do you do, if you don't mind my asking?
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like or dislike any religion. I'm just interested.

I wish I could be simple and have no opinion about things,
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their idea of "islamaphobia" include anybody opposed to Islamic extremists, so other Muslims such Maajid Nawaz who speaks out against extremists get nominated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jclock66 wrote: »
    I wish I could be simple and have no opinion abou things,

No, you don't! You love being opinionated, admit it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you like. What do you do, if you don't mind my asking?

I stated in my opening post on this thread that I don't like Islam, I throw my hat firmly in the ring.
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you don't! You love being opinionated, admit it!

It would save having arguments I suppose.
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And not a peep of a mention from Islamic State or Boko Haram despite murdering thousands of muslims between them.

Defending this type of Islam is basically defending Satanism. Mosques will need to be shut down if this is the type of stuff they're inspiring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stated in my opening post on this thread that I don't like Islam, I throw my hat firmly in the ring.

I see. You think that's ok then, do you, to state that you "don't like" a whole religion? Personally, I don't think that's ok at all.
  • Options
    ProvenceJaneProvenceJane Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No award for ISIS? They did after all burn alive a Muslim pilot in a cage - surely that deserves some condemnation? No? Ok, let's concentrate on those wicked cartoons.
  • Options
    jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Under Soul wrote: »
    And not a peep of a mention from Islamic State or Boko Haram despite murdering thousands of muslims between them.

Defending this type of Islam is basically defending Satanism. Mosques will need to be shut down if this is the type of stuff they're inspiring.

Apparently this group call themselves an Islamic Human Rights Organisation. Looks like a five star oxymoron to me.
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    Their idea of "islamaphobia" include anybody opposed to Islamic extremists, so other Muslims such Maajid Nawaz who speaks out against extremists get nominated.

The whole concept of 'islamophobia' is designed to paint anyone critical of Islam as a racist. The sad thing is that this crude tactic has been successful and the Islamists have been given cover by elements of the political left determined to find racism everywhere they look.

It's time we use the term against them. I am a proud Islamophobe.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see. You think that's ok then, do you, to state that you "don't like" a whole religion? Personally, I don't think that's ok at all.

why ?

I mean people don't like various ideologies - communism , capitalism , whatever , why should Islam be any different when it comes to being against it ?

• Options
    jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member

Why not? On balance it's proving to be a rather dangerous ideology.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really, because thanks to Islam I get treated like a potential terrorist every time I go to an airport, I can't even put a bottle of sun cream in my hand luggage. I just want to go through life, heck even get through a whole week without hearing of yet another atrocity committed in the name of this poisonous belief system!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why ?

I mean people don't like various ideologies - communism , capitalism , whatever , why should Islam be any different when it comes to being against it ?

haha, yes, if they can rationalise their dislike in something resembling a coherent manner
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Under Soul wrote: »

I know a few Satanists. They're must nicer than those ISIS bastards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, because thanks to Islam I get treated like a potential terrorist every time I go to an airport, I can't even put a bottle of sun cream in my hand luggage. I just want to go through life, heck even get through a whole week without hearing of yet another atrocity committed in the name of this poisonous belief system!

You can't blame a religion for all of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackthom wrote: »
    Why not? On balance it's proving to be a rather dangerous ideology.

What, Islam?
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha, yes, if they can rationalise their dislike in something resembling a coherent manner

You're just side-tracking. And baiting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't blame a religion for all of that.

Why not? If Islam didn't exist my experience at an airport would be different to the one I have these days woudn't it, I'm old enough to have experienced air travel in the 80's, nothing like now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're just side-tracking. And baiting.

Not at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? If Islam didn't exist my experience at an airport would be different to the one I have these days woudn't it, I'm old enough to have experienced air travel in the 80's, nothing like now!

Ok, I see what you're saying. However, can't you see that it's not the religion that's at fault - it's people's reactions to that religion that have caused your problems?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I see what you're saying. However, can't you see that it's not the religion that's at fault - it's people's reactions to that religion that have caused your problems?

And therein lies the crux, I think religion is not a good thing all round tbh, it just seems to cause a whole load of sh!t, I go through life quite happily without it.