Options

I got episode 1 of these, are they any good?

cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just got episode 1 of all these and would just like to know if they are any good?:confused:

American Horror Story
Fringe
Grimm
Once Upon a Time
Terra Nova
The Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The first couple were poor and I regret not sticking with it as apprantly it got awesome
    Not a clue
    It's OK
    Didn't like it
    Yes
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »
    I just got episode 1 of all these and would just like to know if they are any good?:confused:
    American Horror Story
    Yes, very good so far.

Fringe
    Very Good series. I did however lose interest after a few eps of Season 1 and only started watching it again from the Season 1 finale.

Grimm
    Ok but nothing really special.

Once Upon a Time
    Probably better than Grimm but I'm not sure how long the series will actually last.

Terra Nova
    I probably wouldn't bother if I was you. I'm still watching it but if the season was longer than 13 episodes I probably would have stopped by now. They'll have to improve things greatly or end on a mega cliffhanger to get me to watch Season 2 (if they actually make one).

The Walking Dead
    Worth watching though a lot of people think Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    you could just watch them, then you tell us
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fringe is probably the best of the bunch but it does take the first half of season 1 to find its own identity rather than just being what felt like a remake of X Files

Grimm/Once Upon a Time - still new shows so still too early to say whether they'll be any goods and/or cancelled

Walking Dead - enjoyed Season 1 but the second season is fairly dull.

Terra Nova - absolutely essential viewing but not for the right reasons

American Horror - never seen it.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American Horror Story + Once Upon a Time
    Loved them

Grimm
    It was enjoyable, but I didn't return for episode 2. It just doesn't drag me in.
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once Upon A Time - awesome

Terra Nova - I like it, family show so full of kids not really an adult show.

The Walking Dead mixed, but can be brilliant at times, can be boring as well.

Fringe - Terrible
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

American Horror Story
    Fringe
    Grimm
    Once Upon a Time
    Terra Nova
    The Walking Dead

American Horror Story - Not seen it.

Fringe - Yes. Takes a little while to get going, but it's great.

Grimm - Not bad so far.

Once Upon a Time - Not bad so far.

Terra Nova - No. I finally gave up after episode 7 or 8 I think, and the only reason I stuck with it that long was that I enjoyed laughing at it and seeing how bad it could get.

The Walking Dead - Yes, although some people think it's too slow.
  • Options
    starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

American Horror Story - liking it alot
    Fringe just started season one myself and getting into it
    Grimm -good new show
    Once Upon a Time - not got past episode 1 yet
    Terra Nova - its ok if you switch your brain off
    The Walking Dead - best of the bunch with american horror next
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Definitely Yes!! Stick with it, about ep 16 of season one is where it goes from okay to awesome and from then on it just gets better
    Not seen
    Not seen
    From what I have seen - dull
    Slow, but measured - good show.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like all of them and watch them every week, so I would say yes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    American Horror Story - Dunno, heard mixed reviews

Fringe - I like it but most of S1 is 'monster of the week' stories, it gets better as it goes on though

Grimm & Once Upon a Time - dunno
    Terra Nova - dunno, reviews have slated it pretty bad and is probably not going to get renewed

The Walking Dead - the Pilot is far and away the best episode they've done so far. As a single TV episode is it just brilliant. So the quality obvious drops. It's okay, not bad, but not spectacular (apart from the zombies effects). It is quite slow though, so you'd be better saving up episodes and watching them fairly soon after one another.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    American Horror Story and the Walking dead are amazing.

Word of warning for American Horror story, the pilot is very odd but it just gets better and better and eventually makes sense.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fringe & Terra Nova are good.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    American Horror Story never watched

Fringe amazing best show TV at the moment.

Grimm I did not personally like it just did nothing to make continue watching it.

Once Upon a Time Never watched

Terra Nova terrible in my opinion

The Walking Dead another great tv show, second season has decline quality but its still great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    [
    The Walking Dead another great tv show, second season has decline quality but its still great.

Do you reckon? I think it's just as good albeit a little bit slower than the first series but that will be because it's double the length of episodes.:)
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »

I don't think the quality has declined at all, they're just focusing on character drama in a zombie world than zombies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I don't think the quality has declined at all, they're just focusing on character drama in a zombie world than zombies.

Yeah I agree with that. I think it's a good mix. Like I said, they have more time to fill and it's great to see some character depth come through and watch the relationships unravel etc. It makes me much more invested and I enjoy this series much more than I ever enjoyed a zombie movie.:)
  • Options
    eyponeypon Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    American Horror Story - Pretty enjoyable nice to have something a bit different seems to have a 90s feel/nostalgia about (which i love) maybe just me though.
    Fringe - X-files wanabe, bit slow but overall ok.
    Grimm - Also slow though its just started so give it a chance through i really want to see what it has over supernatural.
    Once Upon a Time - Interesting plot but as said above not sure how long it will last, though it is a decent watch.
    Terra Nova - Its ok but nothing special.... meh
    The Walking Dead - Dull,boring should pick up in the next year best thing is the intro. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    American Horror Story - weird but defo worth getting into.
    Fringe - best show on tv IMO
    Grimm - watched EP1, not gone back for more
    Once Upon A Time - same as Grimm
    Terra Nova - its ok, worth watching if there is nothing else on
    The Walking Dead - second best show on tv. season 1 is amongst the best tv I have ever watched and season 2 has been awesome in a different way (character development etc)
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

I can't help thinking they need a few more zombies though. Just watched 2 back to back in which there were hardly any.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help thinking they need a few more zombies though. Just watched 2 back to back in which there were hardly any.

I think it needs ghosts.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    American Horror Story - Not seen it despite me liking spooky stuff. Heard good things about it though so may rent it once it's on dvd

Fringe - Only recently watched Season 1 and loved it. Really looking forward to seeing Season 2 sometime soon.

Grimm - Not watched.

Once Upon A Time - Really liking this. So different to any show I've seen. Plus Robert Carlyle is in it, who is fantastic!

Terra Nova - Every year there's a show which promises so much, but then turns out to be a big fat sack of meh. 2011 has Terra Nova. It's not bad, it's just not very good either. Am struggling to keep watching after 8 or so episodes on Sky One.

The Walking Dead -Was not a fan of Season 1, but decided to give Season 2 a go and am really enjoying it. It's not all about the zombies but the characters are so good that it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American Horror Story - very good, Jessica Lange is fantastic! There are some inconsistencies I've noticed but it's still a great show, I really like it but it doesnt seem like it can sustain itself at this level for long and expect it to go downhill pretty quick,

The Walking Dead - brilliant, best thing on TV as far as I am concerned, very little filler, and the midseason finale was amazing (but I can see how people might say it is predictable)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Walking Dead - brilliant, best thing on TV as far as I am concerned, very little filler, and the midseason finale was amazing (but I can see how people might say it is predictable)

Say whaaaaa...! S2 was about 4 episodes of story stretched out into 7.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    American Horror Story - My Mother, who has never once given interest in a soap opera type show, fell head over heals for this show. And I watch it periodically as well. Very great show.