Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    This 1D thread is giving me some laughs! Must be a troll as nobody could seriously trash Blondie :P

That thread is hilarious and pathetic at the same time. Why are 1D fans so annoying?
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I have and replied :)

Read and replied to ;)
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    the best thing i heard from a 1Directioner ''The who a great name as nobody knows who they are'' :D:D i know most are young well i hope so but still the ignorance astounds me :D

Their ignorance is just plain disturbing. I remember one saying on Twitter that One Direction had "revolutionised boy bands" umm there's a few things wrong with that statement!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That thread is hilarious and pathetic at the same time. Why are 1D fans so annoying?

Read and replied to ;)

Ignorance, they're too young to be using social networking, it isn't the playground, you can get into a lot more trouble than the teacher telling you off ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Their ignorance is just plain disturbing. I remember one saying on Twitter that One Direction had "revolutionised boy bands" umm there's a few things wrong with that statement!!

That's ridiculous! One Direction are no different from any other boyband that's been around. They are not the second coming of music or revolutionary in any way. They're just a talentless boyband (or should I say cash cow for Simon Cowell) with crap music aimed at kids.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean fair do's at least their doing something with their life but they have less culttural impact t Spice Girls did and much lower sales than the Backstreet boys for instance. I mean i loved Britney when i wasn younger aswell as christina and never felt the need to be so vitriolic toward others :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I mean fair do's at least their doing something with their life but they have less culttural impact t Spice Girls did and much lower sales than the Backstreet boys for instance. I mean i loved Britney when i wasn younger aswell as christina and never felt the need to be so vitriolic toward others :p

I used to love Spice Girls but I wasn't acting crazy over them or anything. I never did that. I also loved Britney and I still love her. I just saw a piece about the One Direction film on Sky News. FFS is that even newsworthy? :rolleyes: Who cares? I sometimes think the entire world has gone completely mad. A bunch of talentless halfwits make some crappy film that was probably filmed on a phone and edited in a couple of hours on Apple iMovie and it's mentioned on one of the UK's biggest news channels? Pathetic :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I imagine the film is gonna do very well at the box office...but let's get real it will never live up to Madonna's Truth or Dare ;)

Like all other boy bands, they will burn out eventually, I doubt these long tours every year are doing them any good and next year I believe, is there biggest your yet?
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Morning.
    I imagine the film is gonna do very well at the box office...but let's get real it will never live up to Madonna's Truth or Dare ;)

Like all other boy bands, they will burn out eventually, I doubt these long tours every year are doing them any good and next year I believe, is there biggest your yet?

Yeah. I would argue that they're probably already burning out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And do we reckon they have the capacity to spawn their generations Justin Timberlake it's unlikely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And do we reckon they have the capacity to spawn their generations Justin Timberlake it's unlikely.

:p lol. I would be very, very surprised!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    :p lol. I would be very, very surprised!

Yes i mean their lack of sex appeal and ovbious talent is indeed a hinderence :p

And in even more disturbing news apaprently Naiall is Dating only Ellie goulding i seriously hope its untrue :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning CNBC how's you :)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Best Song Ever wasn't as successful as predicted but I suppose #1s aren't everything

And an article has been put up on DS claiming that the Ellie/Niall thing is fake :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sky News were talking about the 1D film again. Apparently some Directioners had been queuing up since Sunday. Unbelievable! It's probably worse than queuing up outside the Apple Store for the new iPhone :D I might be queuing up when the new Apple reseller opens in my town. I can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Statisically though they are singles are never massive and their album sales are average so i never really see the fuss over their success i mean they're no adele :p And so glad the Ellie rumors are fase :p

And everyone needs a hobby CNBc though queing to see 1D is a strange one indeed ;p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Statisically though they are singles are never massive and their album sales are average so i never really see the fuss over their success i mean they're no adele :p And so glad the Ellie rumors are fase :p

Yeah, still it didn't seem to stop some fans getting in early and sending Ellie death threats :rolleyes: :yawn:

Just seen that article with the tweets relating to The Who...jesus wept, I think people should have IQ tests before getting twitter
  • Options
    Forum Member

And everyone needs a hobby CNBc though queing to see 1D is a strange one indeed ;p

Nearly every song 1D releases gets to No 1. They could release a single of them whistling and it would probably still get to No 1 :rolleyes: Those Directioners should get a life. Even One to One members aren't as pathetic as that - or are they? I sometimes think the entire world has gone completely mad. Who in their right mind would queue for hours and even days to see a film about a bunch of talentless halfwits? The 1D story was on BBC News as well. FFS it's supposed to be a serious news channel, not The Sun in a TV format! :mad: 1D are everything that is wrong with modern chart music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey CNBC :)

Listening to Ceremonials it truly is stunning would love to catch her next tour :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey CNBC :)

Listening to Ceremonials it truly is stunning would love to catch her next tour :)

Enjoying it I take it? :cool: I see Sky News have been on about the 1D film and showing the premiere in Leicester Square :yawn: Who cares?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am :p

And i know is it just me because i honestly never felt they were allt hat bigger thatn anyone else. I mean yes their big but not like Britney a true phenomena was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Enjoying it I take it? :cool: I see Sky News have been on about the 1D film and showing the premiere in Leicester Square :yawn: Who cares?

What pisses me off is that for some unknown reason they are compared to The Beatles. It's completely and utterly different. 20 years from now very few of 1D's songs will be named by people who don't follow them, the same cannot be said for The Beatles. Also there was no such thing as social media in the 60s...Social media has a lot to do with 1D's success in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's incredibly insufficent to even comapre them to the Spie Girls forinstace who's ifluence on pop culture was far greater and impacted an entire generation. What will the legacyof 1D be :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    What pisses me off is that for some unknown reason they are compared to The Beatles. It's completely and utterly different. 20 years from now very few of 1D's songs will be named by people who don't follow them, the same cannot be said for The Beatles. Also there was no such thing as social media in the 60s...Social media has a lot to do with 1D's success in my opinion.

Everyone can name a few Beatles songs, even if they're not fans of the group. The Beatles are iconic and had an impact on pop culture, 1D don't and never will. Will the group even be remembered in 20 years? Will new up-and-coming acts say their biggest influence was One Direction? I don't think so.
    I am :p

And i know is it just me because i honestly never felt they were allt hat bigger thatn anyone else. I mean yes their big but not like Britney a true phenomena was.

I think people overestimate their popularity. Britney has had a massive impact on pop culture but what impact will 1D have? My dad even had the cheek earlier to ask me why I wasn't in Leicester Square queuing up with the Directioners :rolleyes: I have a life and queuing for 1D isn't part of it. I'd sooner be forced to use Windows 8 on my Mac :D
This discussion has been closed.