13% 9 votes
Poor
10% 7 votes
Very Poor
10% 7 votes

Comments

• Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Loved the first half, it tailed off in the second half. Overall voted excellent and by far the best Moffat series and series finale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I kept looking at the clock wondering how much more of this is left as it dragged. By the halfway mark I was shall I pause it and watch something else for a while or have a nap. That says how little the story engaged with me.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Was a great series wasn't happy with robot Sherwood or the trees in London episode.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Only voted good, mainly because I hated the Missy character.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A series for me is normally very good and peppered with average/poor episodes. Unfortunately for me this year, the series was average and peppered with Good/VGood stories. Really disappointed this year and not with Capaldi.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    main Episode Thread has had a Poll added.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    main Episode Thread has had a Poll added.

woohoo always appears a few minutes after i done a thread with a poll in it, never mind if its 6 hours 10 hours or 15 hours.

still glad its there now
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Death in Heaven had a great few moments, but as a wider whole was extremely disappointing. Despite having a relatively logical resolution, it laughed in the face of gaping plot holes to get there. There were too many elements all vying for space and so none of them were developed convincingly. Moffat essentially put all of his eggs in one basket and left no breathing room for any of them - despite having a two-part finale at his disposal... the whole thing needed reigning in.

The acting was faultless, however. Capaldi, Coleman and Gomez were all stellar. Samuel Anderson is as dreary as every but I feel as the series has gone on that he's been let down by poor writing rather than poor acting - there's just no emotional investment there. I'm inclined to still like Kate Stewart because she's well acted, and relatively down-to-earth, but she's still being used as a means to advance plotlines rather than being developed into a decent character in her own right.

Basically, Death in Heaven was like a condensed version of Series 7 - something that was beautifully acted and brimming with ideas, but few of them coherently played out and even fewer of them satisfying as Moffat played a style-over-substance card. This is something Series 8 has mostly avoided, but it seemed to make up for lost time with this one.

VOTES:

The Parting of the Ways - Excellent
    Doomsday - Very Good
    Last of the Time Lords - Good
    Journeys End - Good
    The End of Time - Poor
    The Big Bang - Very Good
    The Wedding of River Song - Poor
    The Name of the Doctor - Good
    The Time of the Doctor - Good
    Death in Heaven - Poor

Death in Heaven is the only poor I've voted this series. Deep Breath came close to it as well, but the rest has been of a typically higher standard than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I voted very good. I loved Capaldi and Gomez as their respective Time Lords. Their chemistry was electric.

Not so much a fan of the whole Danny Pink/Clara though, they just didnt have any chemistry and he had zero charisma imho.

The rest I think was a canny story. Never gonna please everybody all of the time..... UNless Osgood was the Zygon (lives in hope)