Mr Selfridge - Series 3

stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
Forum Member
✭✭
One week till the great store owner returns.

Cant wait

Comments

• MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it,

However I will miss Lady Mae and Mrs Selfridge - and the cast has changed a lot given it's moved on 5 years.
  • Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to it! I was worried at the end of last series that they wouldn't do a new one but pleased they are!
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally77 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it! I was worried at the end of last series that they wouldn't do a new one but pleased they are!

Hopefully the ratings pick up this series
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be recording it to see where it goes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shevk wrote: »
    I'll be recording it to see where it goes.

Will u be watching Last Tango in Halifax or Dragons Den
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed it's back, didn't think it was that popular :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    I'm amazed it's back, didn't think it was that popular :confused:

It had about 5 million last night
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait for this to return. Love this show.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it,

However I will miss Lady Mae and Mrs Selfridge - and the cast has changed a lot given it's moved on 5 years.

Oh I didn't know Lady Mae wasn't in it anymore. I know she burned her bridges with Loxley, but I'm really disappointed over that, she was my favourite character. :(
    Is she not in it because Katherine Kelly wanted to leave or is it just a storyline decision?
  • ricardorobertoricardoroberto Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Maternity leave. She had a baby just before filming started. Shame as she's a brilliant actress.

Seems the 4th series will be the final one.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maternity leave. She had a baby just before filming started. Shame as she's a brilliant actress.

Seems the 4th series will be the final one.

I'll miss Katherine. I've never watched Corrie so i hadn't seen her before Mr Selfridge but Lady Mae fast became my favourite character. My Mum told me she'd been in Corrie.

Another series I'll miss, along with Foyle's War. :(
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it,

I didn't know Lady Mae wasn't coming back, what a shame, though I know Katherine Kelly has a new baby so understand why
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Oh I didn't know Lady Mae wasn't in it anymore. I know she burned her bridges with Loxley, but I'm really disappointed over that, she was my favourite character. :(
    Is she not in it because Katherine Kelly wanted to leave or is it just a storyline decision?

As has been said Katherine Kelly had a baby last spring so wasn't available for filming, So that was the reason I presume rather than a conscious choice to write the character out.

http://primetime.*******************/mr-selfridge-jeremy-piven-says-new-series-best-yet/

Lady Mae is not in the character list for the entire run. She gets a mention though in episode one - as I believe she has some involvement in supplying a dress which plays an important role. She could return for series 4 - depending on whether Katharine wants to come back.

Lord Loxley is back though - and out for revenge it seems. There is also more focus on Selfridges now grown up daughters and emigre Russians - Zoe Wanamaker looks like she could partly fill the Lady Mae gap.

It contains a lot of spoilers - so don't read it unless you want to know - but the press pack is available here

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-packs/mr-selfridge-s3#
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just over 3 hours to go till Mr Selfridge returns
  • lindenlealindenlea Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Just over 3 hours to go till Mr Selfridge returns

I've enjoyed the previous two series, as fairly undemanding but enjoyable Sunday evening viewing. Hope series three continues to entertain. I'll be watching with about half an hour time delay, to avoid the ads.
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My plan is to watch Last Tango first, record this and watch if afterwards. Makes the programme 15 mins shorter :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I became more impressed with Kara Tointon who will be in this series after I'd seen her documentary "Don't Call Me Stupid," where she bravely recounted her problem with dyslexia.

To master her acting parts, she'd read the first line until she could remember it then the first and second line until she could remember them both and so on. It took her days where other actors could master a similar length part in hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7cfD0PMV84
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shevk wrote: »
    My plan is to watch Last Tango first, record this and watch if afterwards. Makes the programme 15 mins shorter :D

I'm doing the same and presume a lot will also. I do wonder if Last Tango will loose many viewers because of MrS being back who don't do that though. Or will MrS itself suffer as a result of the clash? Will be interesting to see the comparative ratings tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5 mins to go. Feeling a bit excited
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    She didn't tip the telegram boy - Was that normal?
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Henri's made a miraculous recovery since last night.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Selfridge and his daughter look too similar in age IMO.
  • OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no! No Lady Mae?
    Can't say I'm too keen on kara tointon on first impression.
    Forum Member
    But that band has black people in it! :eek:

(Said as a period social comment)
    Forum Member
    I see Dr Evil is back! :D